Recalled/Assigned: On the waivers: Greg Scott, Ryan Hamilton, Mike Mottau, Keith Aucoin

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
That's the max number of contracts yes. A trade would be a possibility. I have a feeling we'll be making a claim ourselves.

Thanks! I believe we are at 47 contracts after resigning Franson, and letting go of Lombardi and Aucoin.

Baba Ganoush

Dec 8, 2009
why was he even put in a situation to be placed on waivers? i don't understand. this is bad news for the Marlies...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
why was he even put in a situation to be placed on waivers? i don't understand. this is bad news for the Marlies...

Good news for him though, he may actually play in the NHL which is great, if he didn't fit our build, let the guy who isn't getting any younger have his first real shot at a season in the NHL.

He's one of those guys you can let go of and say hope your dream comes true bud.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Please forgive my ignorance I am new on this board, but I don't understand how he was on waivers in the first place. Can someone please enlighten me?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Nobody expected that someone would claim him, but I guess you should expect the unexpected with the Islanders. Either he makes their team or he's back on waivers.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Breaking news! Keith Aucoin signed by the Islanders to an 8 year 80 million dollar contract!

/Sarcasm :-p

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto

Looks like the Leafs are keeping a handshake deal with a good veteran player that if the Leafs couldn't use him, they would help him find work somewhere in the NHL. Looks like a classy move on the part of the Leafs. Having said this, I'm not sure that an Aucoin type player can be exempted from waivers for the purpose of assignment to the Marlies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc

I'm sort of annoyed they even brought him up.

Please forgive my ignorance I am new on this board, but I don't understand how he was on waivers in the first place. Can someone please enlighten me?

Because of the lock-out, every player who had a NHL/AHL contract (commonly called 2-way) could play in the AHL during the lock-out.

Players who had a NHL-only contract were not allowed to play in the AHL.

Now that the lock-out is over, every player who has a NHL component to their contract must go through waivers if not on the NHL 23-players roster (unless they're waiver-exempted).

It has nothing to do with a gentleman's agreement.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
What NHL team do you think he'd make the top 7 on?

I honestly don't know, I'm sure he's good enough to make a team...probably the Islanders.
The leafs are the team that seems desperate. Nazem Kadri is not an NHL player. People love to get on Garth snow and his moves as a GM but Brian Burke is a disaster. Kadri, Kessel, Connoly, Komisarek to name a few.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
The leafs are the team that seems desperate. Nazem Kadri is not an NHL player. People love to get on Garth snow and his moves as a GM but Brian Burke is a disaster. Kadri, Kessel, Connoly, Komisarek to name a few.

Care to elaborate? Oh and the Phil Kessel trade was pretty bad, but don't lump a fantastic player in with the likes of Komisarek and Connolly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad