Friedman: On Evander Kane's Future

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
He's scored a lot of goals this year and last, I think he's worth a 1st and then some.

He will easily fetch a 1st+. He won't get a top prospect (we just do not see those going for rentals anymore), but he will get a 1st and some other pieces.
Kane equals at minimum a 2018 1st, a B prospect and a 3rd or an A prospect and a 2nd that can become a 1st (Think Pittsburgh)

No one is going to give up an A level prospect+ a 1st - even Pittsburgh for a rental. 1st, 2nd+, sure. But someone like Jarry/Sprong (from PIT), not a chance.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Not bad

What would be the most you'd give (imagine bidding with another team or two)

I was speaking from a buffalo standpoint. Idk it's interesting. If he agrees to an extension than you gotta increase the offer but rental price for a guy of Kanes caliber is probably around a 1st and an adam fox like spec atleast imo.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
There's been some surprisingly decent offers in this thread.

Also surprisingly none of the "I wouldn't take Kane for free" posts yet.

Reactions: Intact

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Flames fans, which of Fox or Andersson would you say is the more valuable prospect right now? I've gathered that Fox has higher upside and Ras is a safer bet, but I don't know a whole lot more about them. How would you value them in draft picks?

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I would love to say Arizona is a great long-term fit for him and hope that Arizona trades Ekman-Larsson, keller, and the next three first round picks to Buffalo for him.

In terms of playoff-race teams I'd say either Nashville or Minnesota.
No way Buffalo makes this trade unless you throw in a 2'nd round pick also.....

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I would love to say Arizona is a great long-term fit for him and hope that Arizona trades Ekman-Larsson, keller, and the next three first round picks to Buffalo for him.

In terms of playoff-race teams I'd say either Nashville or Minnesota.
i could also see tampa or the islanders looking at him to bolster their roster at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad