Denmark: Olympic Qualification

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Hockey season is canceled :( This is a disaster. But it's pretty clear to see which team had proper preparation period and which not.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Im done.....This team has let us all down! Pathetic!

Yes, but money and politics talks. Belarus's KHL-team haven't yet even start to play their season. They got month period of adjust against our one week.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Yeah its a disaster. Nothing less. The preparation for this Qualification is nothing less than a scandal. If you want to compete with the best you have to give yourself the best preparation possible.

We didnt.

I know that KHL guys and Frans wouldnt be available, but it woould have meant the world to the rest of the bunch to get two prep games before the Latvia game. You could easily have done that in Denmark.

Then it would only be Frans who would be completely rusty showing up.

And why should the Latvia game be only two days before this very important game. So ****ed up and typically Danish.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
They deserve every bit of this.....Flying in last minute every time

Screw you! Hope you are happy now!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Danish NHL players think NHLers won't participate in the Olympics anyway so they took this one lightly :sarcasm: I guess hopes have to be switched to Slovenia now.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
**** this team...**** the diu.....Thanks for ruining this for us. Bye

Deepest congrats to Belarus..:You deserve it.

Last edited:

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I dont give a ****.......They are fit for the taking and we didnt do it.

I totally agree. You dont want to spend energy on what you cant control. Who cares that Belarus paid the right ppl in the KHL son they wouldnt play the first month of the season.

Our own preparation period was under our control. Heads has to roll, not good enough. This were probably the only time we ever will have the chance to see these guys vs the best at the Olympics. Amateurs in the Danish Hockey Union. So ****ing sickening. One week prep and a game two days before this, and on a travelling day. Heads has to roll, simple as that

AMATEURS!!

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
I'm lost for words. What a pathetic, embarrassing display! We will never see this team at the Olympics, this is evident now after having it served on a silver plate for the third time in a row. But this time we have nothing else to blame, no "if only we had our NHL'ers". We do not belong there so congratulations Belarus. Jesus Christ we were horrible... Bødker, Hansen, Nielsen, Bjorkstrand, Regin. WTF was that?!

But I also agree that preparations were a complete ****** joke!! No camp, only one pre-tournament game, detour to Riga, travelling at night and one practice before the match. WTF!!! Freaking amateurs at the DIU!! Insanely arrogant to do this and expect to cruise right through because of our NHL'ers. And don't forget, Denmark was the federation that lobbied intensively to have the tournament at this time of the year!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I really just sit and feel robbed....Which just shows that I screwd myself for taking this for granted..

I tried to be caucious and say that we had to be careful, but I never really believed we would fail.

I hate these primadonnas.

Usually we always defend them that they have had a long season and bla bla bla but now the season havent started and they still show up with a few days to go.

No heart...:**** them

I feel so bad for Frans, and Regin who probably wont get another chance. and Frederik Andersen who really wanted payback.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
It depends. Whose stupid and arrogant idea was it to have no camp, play one exhibition match and fly in in the middle of the night to ruin players' rest? Coach or the federation? This is the most alarming error here. Heads have got to role, question is whose. If the federation is behind this Karlsson should quit. This is too amateurish to work with. If Karlsson is behind he should be fired. The players seemed confused about how to play together, which is obvious because of no practice. On the other hand, there is a huge blame to be put on the players. Particularly the stars. Regin heavily indicated arrogance and some ignoring the agreed system, which lead to goals against after the Belarus game - I think we all know who he is referring to.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
And as my brother wisely pointed out: We have been underrated for 14 years, and as soon as we are the favorites we grossly underrate our opponents immediately.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
And as my brother wisely pointed out: We have been underrated for 14 years, and as soon as we are the favorites we grossly underrate our opponents immediately.

I bet players didn't underrate our opponents. It was the DIU and other leaders who though that we will triumph when our NHL players are in this tournament.

Belarus's players are all pros and if you give them this kind of edge it will hurt you. Well we can always learn from mistakes, but I'm super pissed, because Frans and other older guys will never get another chance, because of this terrible mistake.

This nightmare will haunt me for very long time. I dreamed that I could go and watch our country to play in olympics against Finland and Sweden (I got cousins and minor cousins in both countries btw), but our so called leaders let us down. But I also think that we should support our players. Overconfident leaders let us down, not the players.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
All this team accomplished was to put Belarus on the map as a holiday destination - complete with airport delays and all.

Just got back from a preseason game between Rødovre and Herlev. It was refreshing to see the team in red and white play like they actually cared about the outcome of the game for a change.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I'm not against getting a new coach but I still blame the players here

I'm kinda in the same place. But the more I think about it... Who ever thought up the preparations and team selections is looking pretty bad right now.

When the coach complains before the first game that the players aren't focused enough - then you've chosen the wrong players. Whoever was in charge of the process need to think seriously about leaving.

The most disheartening was what seemed like a disconnect between the players and the positive anticipation of the "common" Danish hockey community. The gap between a hope of a taking that huge leap into the finest hockey tournament on earth with all the Olympic-shine the sport would get around the rinks in Denmark - and the seemingly Jimmy Bøjgaard-like attitude of obvious superiority that the team seemed to display.

(Need I remind you of this... Bøjgaard post-WC)

As noted above it was so strange to watch a Danish NT team enter the ice over-confident and unprepared. Like a gifted school boy winging it at his exams - relying on charm and talent. It's so unlike the way they preform at the WC where lack of talent is usually the problem.

Unfocused, undisciplined, unprepared, disengaged.

Would rather have seen Karlsson dumping half the NHL'ers, KHL'ers or who ever wasn't in the right frame of mind showing up to "camp" and lose 4-3 out of lack of talent.

So... WC it is. For now and at least the next six years. Sigh.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad