Denmark: Olympic Qualification

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Hopefully it will be :)

Expectations are so high that they will have a hard time not to dissapoint - even if they win :)

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Line combos

Here is my take on possible lines for the Olympic qualification:

Mikkel Boedker - Frans Nielsen (C) - Nikolaj Ehlers
Oliver Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin (A) - Nicklas Jensen
Mads Christensen - Morten Madsen - Jannick Hansen
Nichlas Hardt - Morten Green (A) - Frederik Storm
Mathias Bau

Jesper B Jensen - Philip Larsen
Oliver Lauridsen - Daniel Nielsen
Markus Lauridsen - Stefan Lassen
Nicholas B. Jensen
Emil Kristensen

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm
(Simon Nielsen)

Forwards:
The first line consists of the best players we have on each position. They will most likely spend most of the time in the offensive zone, and with Frans as center they can defend if necessary.
The second line (the Herning line) is also a dedicated offensive line. Nicklas and Oliver are offensive minded players and will be less effective in a checking line, and with Peter centering them they will get a lot of possibilities to succeed.
The third line is a checking line with a lot of offensive potential. I would have had Lars Eller centering the line had he participated, but Morten Madsen is an OK substitute. It may seems strange to have a veteran NHL player in Jannick on the third line, but on the other hand will he and Mads probably face weaker opposition and can exploit it offensively.
Fourth line is a checking line, with some offensive potential. I have placed the 2 Malmö boys; Nichlas and Frederik on the same line in the hope that they have some chemistry together already.

Defensive pairings:
First pair is Jesper and Philip. They have been playing well together in Jokerit the last year and I would prefer that we keep them together. Philip is the best offensive d-man we got and Jesper is a good allrounder. The only problem I see is that they can be out-muscled by big forwards, but I don't know how big a problem that will be in this tournament.
Second pair is Oliver and Daniel. Oliver is a rock and Daniel is a good allrounder with a lot of experience and he has been outstanding the last 2 IHWC's.
The third pair is the offensive minded Markus and the more defensive minded Stefan. They both got size and can compliment the third or fourth line well.
I would have Nicholas or Emil as seventh defender depending of performance in the training camp.

In goal Frederik Andersen is the clear cut starter, and Sebastian Dahm a great back-up. Simon Nielsen will only dress in case of injury.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I wouldnt play Oliver Bjorkstrand on the LW ever. He is a pure RW'er.

Jeeeez, I am looking forward to this so much. Cant wait...

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
I wouldnt play Oliver Bjorkstrand on the LW ever. He is a pure RW'er.

Jeeeez, I am looking forward to this so much. Cant wait...

Well, he has played LW before, like at the 2015 U20 WJC, when he played on the first line with Nikolaj Ehlers playing RW.
But probably the lineup will look completly different from my suggestion, I just thought it could be fun to see how it could be.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
I have a bad feeling. Seems to me that Belarus is preparing themselves much more than team Denmark. Dynamo Minsk hasn't even played a game yet in the KHL - the players are in NT camp (and has been for a long time) to get ready for the OQ games. Denmark? Ohh yes we get the NHL'ers flown in and we will win this...

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I have a bad feeling. Seems to me that Belarus is preparing themselves much more than team Denmark. Dynamo Minsk hasn't even played a game yet in the KHL - the players are in NT camp (and has been for a long time) to get ready for the OQ games. Denmark? Ohh yes we get the NHL'ers flown in and we will win this...

Preperation doesnt mean anything if you lack the talent. There is no way Denmark loses this.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Nervous as **** about these games...

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. :)

Haha, me too. I guess that is a very human thing :)

I feel like a little kid looking forward to Christmas. Losing the first match vs Belarus would really be an anticlimax/devastating. So would failure to Q for the Olympics

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Oh sure but you have to realize that we have always talked about how it would be to have a full strengh squad...this will be the best squad on paper ever...finally seeing that is just awesome
I think OGQ is much more prestigious and much more interesting than WC because it decides who gets to go to the OG, which you simply can't compare the WC and the OG. I'm excited to see Denmark too, should be good.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Haha, me too. I guess that is a very human thing :)

I feel like a little kid looking forward to Christmas. Losing the first match vs Belarus would really be an anticlimax/devastating. So would failure to Q for the Olympics

It is... But I hate it :laugh:

me too, have the whole day off, and am having over buddies :)

Losing against Belarus, would kill the vibe totally:cry:

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Belarus with two wins against France and Germany.

Reports says they played well against Germany (3-2) who had 5 NHL'ers on their roster

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007

I won't say I got a bad feeling, but I'm not all that optimistic about the qualification tournament, mainly because of the short time the danish team has had for preparation. We have one friendly match (against Latvia) to find chemistry and to practice special teams, before the most important match of the OGQ. Tight games are often won by special teams, and our competitors will have practiced that a lot more than us.

But on the other hand; player for player the danish team is by far the strongest team in this group, and we will be able to put a lot of pressure on the adversaries in even strength. Let's just hope it will be enough.

Based on the lines in training camp, this is the most likely lineup for the game tomorrow:

Mikkel Boedker - Frans Nielsen (C) - Nicklas Jensen
Oliver Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin (A) - Nikolaj Ehlers
Nichlas Hardt - Morten Madsen - Jannick Hansen
Mads Christensen - Morten Green (A) - Frederik Storm

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
Based on the lines in training camp, this is the most likely lineup for the game tomorrow:

Mikkel Boedker - Frans Nielsen (C) - Nicklas Jensen
Oliver Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin (A) - Nikolaj Ehlers
Nichlas Hardt - Morten Madsen - Jannick Hansen
Mads Christensen - Morten Green (A) - Frederik Storm

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm

The 2nd line i dont get at all. Ehlers and Bjork both prefer RW but Ehlers has a lot of experience at the highest level playing left wing, and it probably doesnt matter which wing you put him on. Why not Bjork on the RW which he prefer by far and afaik play almost every time, and then Ehlers on the left. I really dont get that.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
First period vs Latvia. Rusty hockey to say the least.

I wonder why we could not get two or three preparation games before Belarus (and two weeks in camp)??

Money or ?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
First period vs Latvia. Rusty hockey to say the least.

I wonder why we could not get two or three preparation games before Belarus (and two weeks in camp)??

Money or ?

No permition from the clubs. Ironic that Minsk season in KHL begins after the qualification :-D

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
For Belarus sake I hope they are better than this. Otherwise they will not pass Freddie

Freddie was fantastic. God he looks ready for the season...holy crap, so cool.

Very rusty in the beginning from the rest but better and better as the game went on.

3-0. Can't be anything but pleased.

There is so much talent on this team, that we could survive some lack chemistry if freddie stands on his head.

Last edited:

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I think we played ..... bad to say the least in big parts of the game. They can play so much better than this. But it is understandable, they are very rusty almost all of them.That is why I think the possible disaster lies in the bad preparation we have had. I hope the quality of our roster is enough to save the Q.

Boedker, OMG! What a disaster he is defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad