Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'm not a big fan of Juolevi

But I wonder what a package of Juolevi and something would be for Duchene as suggested on CBC.
Probably more picks because Benning hates draft picks and wants to fast track the rebuild.

Juolevi + 2nd + one of our prospects.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm going to give this kid all the time he needs, but it's hard watching a guy like Sergachev walk into the league and be a difference maker.

Don't look at the out of town scoreboard tonight..someone is making an impact...again. He's going to make the team for the season now.

Reactions: AlexEdler23

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm not a big fan of Juolevi

But I wonder what a package of Juolevi and something would be for Duchene as suggested on CBC.
Probably more picks because Benning hates draft picks and wants to fast track the rebuild.

Juolevi + 2nd + one of our prospects.

Cassels

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If we turn juolevi into duchene i will be on the forgive jimbo bandwagon.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Don't look at the out of town scoreboard tonight..someone is making an impact...again. He's going to make the team for the season now.

So Benning has actively said they are looking for an offensively minded PowerPlay QB.
& he chooses the defensive minded d-man first in the draft :huh::huh::huh:

Juolevi wasn't seen as a PP QB, but more a all around smart d-man, as Marner QB'd the London PP.
Sergachev was seen as a PP QB

I have never seen somebody flipflop as much as this guy.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So Benning has actively said they are looking for an offensively minded PowerPlay QB.

Juolevi wasn't seen as a PP QB, but more a all around smart d-man, as Marner QB'd the London PP.

I also remember that. He said ever since he was hired in 2014 he has been looking for a Power-Play Quarterback.

So why draft a player like Tanev????
Its such a head scratcher how stupid this pick was.
It's amazing a GM can have ZERO backup plan when the player he wanted (Dubois) was taken.
It's like he just drew a name out of hat.
Remember Benning's face on the stage when he drafted Juolevi, he looked pissed.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I also remember that. He said ever since he was hired in 2014 he has been looking for a Power-Play Quarterback.

So why draft a player like Tanev????
Its such a head scratcher how stupid this pick was.
It's amazing a GM can have ZERO backup plan when the player he wanted (Dubois) was taken.
It's like he just drew a name out of hat.
Remember Benning's face on the stage when he drafted Juolevi, he looked pissed.
I don't think he had zero backup plan. If I remember correctly, there was talk all season that the Canucks were mainly looking to draft a d-man with our 1st. Linden and Benning basically said that in interviews as well. And it was rumored that Juolevi was their top ranked d-man in the months leading up to the draft.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

There are numerous examples of Benning and Linden saying one thing and literally 6 months to a year later saying/doing the opposite. Linden pretty much admit they will just say what the fans want to hear (when finally referring to the word rebuild). The powerplay isn't great so he says we are looking for a QB as to seem competitive etc.

The Fins were so hot that draft and 'puck moving dmen' have been pretty trendy last few years. I'm sure they thought this was a shrewd pick that would make them look smart. Instead it was another top 6 pick wasted on a player that should not have been picked in the first round. Good thing dmen take longer to develop so we can just be good fans and be patient now and not criticize the people know more than us.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don't think he had zero backup plan. If I remember correctly, there was talk all season that the Canucks were mainly looking to draft a d-man with our 1st. Linden and Benning basically said that in interviews as well. And it was rumored that Juolevi was their top ranked d-man in the months leading up to the draft.

Hmmm didn't know that.

I know a bunch of people also said Dubois was a top target. Tkachuk definitely wasn't high I think.
I just remember when he said Juolevi at the draft he looked so defeated on stage.

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
Hmmm didn't know that.

I know a bunch of people also said Dubois was a top target. Tkachuk definitely wasn't high I think.
I just remember when he said Juolevi at the draft he looked so defeated on stage.

I think that Dubois was the top target, but in multiple interview Benning said that he wanted to adress the d so there were a lot of speculation about Juolevi, Sergachev and Chychrun.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If we turn juolevi into duchene i will be on the forgive jimbo bandwagon.

You'd forgive Benning if he turned a top-5 pick into less than two seasons of play from soon-to-be 27 y/o Matt Duchene?!?!?

That would be an absolutely terrible result, especially for a team that should be rebuilding, and already has Horvat and Pettersson pencilled in as our two scoring-line centres long-term.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
You'd forgive Benning if he turned a top-5 pick into less than two seasons of play from soon-to-be 27 y/o Matt Duchene?!?!?

That would be an absolutely terrible result, especially for a team that should be rebuilding, and already has Horvat and Pettersson pencilled in as our two scoring-line centres long-term.

Not only that, Duchene is a UFA at the end of next season.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

Duchene is an elite talent, juolevi looks like he will top out as a #5/6 D.

Yes ill forgive him, if duchene has a good year he will resign him

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Duchene is an elite talent, juolevi looks like he will top out as a #5/6 D.

Yes ill forgive him, if duchene has a good year he will resign him

Sorry, but that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

1) getting 2 years of Matt Duchene is still a terrible result for that pick relative to getting Tkachuk, Keller, or Sergachev. It doesn't somehow suddenly make that pick 'good'.

2) this team should not be acquiring 27 y/o impending UFAs for futures packages given where we're at now.

3) there is no guarantee whatsoever that Duchene resigns with this losing dumpster fire organization.

4) this team is set at C long-term. Horvat is a young scoring-line center on a 6-year deal and we have a #5 overall pick who should be our #2 center next year or 19-20 at the latest. Blowing our organizational wad on Matt Duchene speaks to having no long-term plan whatsoever and just making reactionary moves with no eye on future consequences.

Reactions: PG Canuck

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
What do we add to Juolevi to get Reinhart out of Buffalo?

What would you guys think of

Olli Juolevi + Erik Gudbranson
For
Sam Reinhart + ???

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

For
Sam Reinhart + ???
In a heartbeat, but it would never happen.

A guy like Sam Reinhart is who we should be targeting, not Matt ****ing Duchene.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Sorry, but that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

1) getting 2 years of Matt Duchene is still a terrible result for that pick relative to getting Tkachuk, Keller, or Sergachev. It doesn't somehow suddenly make that pick 'good'.

2) this team should not be acquiring 27 y/o impending UFAs for futures packages given where we're at now.

3) there is no guarantee whatsoever that Duchene resigns with this losing dumpster fire organization.

4) this team is set at C long-term. Horvat is a young scoring-line center on a 6-year deal and we have a #5 overall pick who should be our #2 center next year or 19-20 at the latest. Blowing our organizational wad on Matt Duchene speaks to having no long-term plan whatsoever and just making reactionary moves with no eye on future consequences.
U badly underrating duchene, f***ing up the pick u are right about, but turning a f***ed up pick into a elite asset would be a god send.

Duchene is not old, he is dynamic, and could be apart of our future for years, assuming they resign him.

So yes i will forgive him on the screwed up pick.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Why the hell would Matt Duchene re-sign if he were to get traded here? If he wants out of Colorado there's no way he'd elect to stay here. I'll take my chances with Juolevi.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

For
Sam Reinhart + ???

I think that is an incredibly lopsided deal in favour of Vancouver. I don't even think the best GM in the league could swing that deal, let alone Jim Benning.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Reinhart skates in god damn quicksand
Duchene is also almost 27...

This team won't be competing for at LEAST 4 years after the Sedins depart....

Duchene will be like 31/32.... how many years will we get out of him? 3 good years?

Just not worth it.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
U badly underrating duchene, ****ing up the pick u are right about, but turning a ****ed up pick into a elite asset would be a god send.

Duchene is not old, he is dynamic, and could be apart of our future for years, assuming they resign him.

So yes i will forgive him on the screwed up pick.

We won't be competitive for 5+ years (probably closer to 7/8 years at this rate), and Duchene likely isn't going to stick around when he could get a huge payday from much better teams in free agency.

And saying you'll forgive him isn't saying much, you change your opinion on Benning every few months.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
We won't be competitive for 5+ years, and Duchene likely isn't going to stick around when he could get a huge payday from much better teams in free agency.

And saying you'll forgive him isn't saying much, you change your opinion on Benning every few months.
Bullshit i called benning out in person at the fan event just a year and a bit ago.

Unlike so many keyboard warriors on here.

Benning has f***ed up more than not, but lets stop pretending he hasent made any good moves also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad