Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Bull**** i called benning out in person at the fan event just a year and a bit ago.

Unlike so many keyboard warriors on here.

Benning has ****ed up more than not, but lets stop pretending he hasent made any good moves also
No one has said Benning has made zero good moves. He has made a few genuinely good moves, but the problem is that he has a huge laundry list of bad/terrible moves that completely overshadow those few good moves.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
U badly underrating duchene, ****ing up the pick u are right about, but turning a ****ed up pick into a elite asset would be a god send.

Duchene is not old, he is dynamic, and could be apart of our future for years, assuming they resign him.

So yes i will forgive him on the screwed up pick.

The notion that Benning should be 'forgiven' or that it somehow equals out if we get 2 years of Duchene while we're a bottom feeder out of a top-5 pick is frankly absurd.

Duchene is a good player. He isn't a great player. He had 41 points last year and is generally a 55-60 point guy.

And the risk he doesn't re-sign here is MASSIVE. This is one of the least-desirable destinations in the NHL. The most likely outcome is that we deal a massive futures package for him (the report on CBC was a 2018 first-rounder, Juolevi, and a roster player), miss the playoffs twice with him in our lineup, then watch as he leaves in 2019 to sign for an east coast playoff team. Which would be a complete disaster.

This would be a move that reeked of utter desperation.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
U badly underrating duchene, ****ing up the pick u are right about, but turning a ****ed up pick into a elite asset would be a god send.

Duchene is not old, he is dynamic, and could be apart of our future for years, assuming they resign him.

So yes i will forgive him on the screwed up pick.

That would be a bad move to make right now, but could maybe be feasible next summer if Henrik retires and Duchene came with an extension agreed upon. But even then it's probably going to take an 8x8 contract to sign him, and I'd be pretty damn nervous giving out a contract like that with the current state of our team.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The only way I would be okay with Duchene is if we flipped him at the deadline to a contender for a big haul.
Colorado wants a decent amount more than just a d-man like Juolevi for Duchene, and that kind of move would be a big risk. Getting a better return later in the season/next season when he's closer to being a UFA isn't really likely if Colorado isn't getting those offers right now. There's also the risk of Duchene getting injured/tanking his value.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
A 21-22 year old Duchene makes sense and I’d easily move Juolevi+ for him. A 27 year old Duchene makes zero sense and would only gut what little progress we’ve made on this “rebuild” in favour of chasing wildcard spots for the next 4-5 years.

Big pass.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Certainly not opposed to moving Juolevi but for a team that's rebuilding trading for Duchene would be the exact opposite of what we should do. So, I expect we'll hear a confirmation on this trade any day now.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I would not mind this trade at the 2018 draft and we have the number 1 pick but other than that its risky cause what if matt wins us some games and i want dahlin that is the number 1 priority

Reactions: Tryampled

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Colorado wants a decent amount more than just a d-man like Juolevi for Duchene, and that kind of move would be a big risk. Getting a better return later in the season/next season when he's closer to being a UFA isn't really likely if Colorado isn't getting those offers right now. There's also the risk of Duchene getting injured/tanking his value.
Why not target barrie?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Bull**** i called benning out in person at the fan event just a year and a bit ago.

Unlike so many keyboard warriors on here.

Benning has ****ed up more than not, but lets stop pretending he hasent made any good moves also

That's very cool and all, but what did it accomplish? Nothing? Alright.

Benning' bad moves far outweigh anything good he has done. Virtanen and Juolevi are living proof. Those picks will set us back years.

Sven Baertschi and f***ing Markus Granlund don't make up for that.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Does Duchene make us a contender? Is he guaranteed to be a long term asset?

No. So I have zero interest in moving a significant futures package for him

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Duchene is a great player, but not elite - elite players can shoulder a team, MD cannot.

He's gonna be UFA in less than two years, will likely ask for something like 7mil per year for 7 years, and Avalanche will demand a package with a 1st round pick, a top prospect, plus a good player, maybe more.

No, I wouldn't even think about touching that.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't think this point is getting through. :laugh:

Apparently not.

Like, if I was the Carolina Hurricanes I'd be all over Duchene. They have a team coming out of a rebuild with obscene young depth on D but lack gamebreaking talent up front. He'd be an ideal target to help put them over the top back into a quality playoff team.

This team? No freaking way. We're essentially at the low ebb of a rebuild (masked by our summer FA binge) and are at least 4-5 years from being legit contenders. We are literally the last team in the league that should be throwing a massive futures package at a guy who is a UFA in less than 2 years.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
I have no interest in Duchene. There's no chance Juolevi would be the main piece going to Colorado.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
OJ and Sutter? Who would be the roster player? what does Colorado want? We do not have many roster players worth much. Most are replaceable if not redundant. No high picks please. I like Sven and Grandlund we do not have much d to trade. The positive is we do not have much to trade really. For OJ and any vet forward it would not be terrible, but really should not considered multiple prospects and picks. Only trade OJ if you think he is unlikely to develop.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
It's typical that Sergachev is turning into exactly what we ever needed in a d-man and Juolevi is struggling in the Finnish league.
8 pts in 9 GP. . . 0 pts 4 GP. . . JV had a great preseason though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad