GDT: OKC Barons @ Houston Aeros, Sunday 12/16 4:05PM MDT

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Yup... I worry about what he looks like in his own end in the NHL.
I'm not worried about it right now. We need a guy who can produce offense from the blueline above everything else and he brings that in spades.

When Smid is your leading goal-getter from blueline with 5, you're hurting. Schultz will have some defensive growing pains but at this point who cares? If he produces offense at the NHL level then I'll be happy.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Offensive zone draw for teh Barons with 30 seconds left, Nelson calls a TO. Eberle, Arco, Hall, and SChultz are the skaters for OKC.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We just need to keep him off the PK to start.

He struggles 5 on 5 also, his weaknesses defensively have really been showing out in the last 10 games or so. It's almost like he puts minimal effort in until he gets the puck. I highly doubt that he'll play PK with the Oilers at least not in his rookie season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He struggles 5 on 5 also, his weaknesses defensively have really been showing out in the last 10 games or so. It's almost like he puts minimal effort in until he gets the puck. I highly doubt that he'll play PK with the Oilers at least not in his rookie season.

Most of his positioning blunders that I see are on the PK. I really hope that they keep him clear of the PK his first year or two in Edmonton.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Gah bleh. Pretty awful final couple of periods. 10 shots in the final 2 periods+OT.

Can't give up late goals like that. Also can't have a goalie let in a goal in the shootout when the player fans on it.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Pretty sure Roy would have stopped both of those but can't really put it on Danis when none of our shooters score.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
If we had some reliable, shutdown defensemen in this line-up we'd be looking a ridiculously good record right now. It's frightening how many late game goals this team has yielded courtesy of it's horrid defense. Tambellini's done an absolutely **** job of augmenting the organization's defense and there's no excuse for it. The NHLers are taking up forward positions.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It sounded like Harski was a bit banged up yesterday, I thought that he was pretty quiet tonight, I guess I know why now. Henry ruined what was an otherwise good night with a bad penalty that eventually cost us the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad