Oilers vs Flames - Who will finish ahead in the standings?

Turrican*

Hey all.

It appears I was mistaken about posting stuff from CP. Some higher ups feel that violates the spirit of the clause in the HF Trolling rule. I am removing all those posts and posts that have quoted them, and I would ask that you not post any more stuff from there, no matter how silly it is.

Sorry for misleading you

:shakehead

That stinks... HF is softer than our top 6. :sarcasm:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
:shakehead

That stinks... HF is softer than our top 6. :sarcasm:

To be fair, the rules at HF appear to work to keep the level of hockey discussion here reasonably high. If some rules have to be interpreted strictly to accomplish that, I am ok with it.

I hope everyone understands the reasons. The last thing we want is more CPer signing up for accounts here just to troll threads like this.

Turrican*

To be fair, the rules at HF appear to work to keep the level of hockey discussion here reasonably high. If some rules have to be interpreted strictly to accomplish that, I am ok with it.

I hope everyone understands the reasons. The last thing we want is more CPer signing up for accounts here just to troll threads like this.

Ya that is true. I just wish we could have kept this our hilarity thread haha

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Dammit s7ark, I wish I would have read that post before writing up my rant. Deleted.

Seanconn*

I used to have a fake flames fan account. It was the longest account I ever had.
Until they had enough of my "angry at my team" schtick haha

I still can't believe that guy said that you can get banned at HF easier than CP.
CP banned me purely on my username once. I didn't even say anything close to banworthy.

They ban you based on the FEAR that you will hurt their feelings. It's hilarious.

It's a joke over there. Delusional jokers.

Way to paint every CP poster with the same brush. There are idiots in every fan base. As for getting banned, HF and CP are probably similar in that regard. I was given a time-out here on HF for little more than being a Flames fan posting in the Oiler forum. There is understandably less tolerance to opposition fans. I notice you didn't say what your username was either.

It's hard to say who will finish higher in the standings this year. Obviously, the Oilers are trending up and the Flames down. I do find the tendency of some posters here to prematurely brag about a team that has been extraordinarily bad in the past 3 years a little unsettling. and to those ragging on the Flames for having empty prospect cupboards, well weren't the Oilers in the same situation only a few years ago? These things are cyclical for the most part.

We should see some interesting BoA's this year!:D

Turrican*

Way to paint every CP poster with the same brush. There are idiots in every fan base. As for getting banned, HF and CP are probably similar in that regard. I was given a time-out here on HF for little more than being a Flames fan posting in the Oiler forum. There is understandably less tolerance to opposition fans. I notice you didn't say what your username was either.

It's hard to say who will finish higher in the standings this year. Obviously, the Oilers are trending up and the Flames down. I do find the tendency of some posters here to prematurely brag about a team that has been extraordinarily bad in the past 3 years a little unsettling. and to those ragging on the Flames for having empty prospect cupboards, well weren't the Oilers in the same situation only a few years ago? These things are cyclical for the most part.

Were you banned because your name was pilottalk? I got permabanned because my name was an Oiler's name. THAT IS BANWORTHY

And yes, not all Flames fans are terrible on there.
But unfortunately, the idiots are the loudest.

My username was Justin Schultz.
They fear him, so they banned me.

Seanconn*

Were you banned because your name was pilottalk? I got permabanned because my name was an Oiler's name. THAT IS BANWORTHY

And yes, not all Flames fans are terrible on there.
But unfortunately, the idiots are the loudest.

My username was Justin Schultz.
They fear him, so they banned me.

Haha well if that's really all you got banned for then that IS stupid.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009

I lost it unfortunately. It wasn't anything great anyways, I do my best work without having to follow PG guidelines. I would very much enjoy a thread where we have free reigns to mock CP without any restrictions, but it's understandable why that's not allowed. Maybe we should make our own forum for that sole purpose.:badidea:

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Oilers tanking for number 1 was a work of art. If they are finally content with the team then we can rule.

I AM an Oilers fan and we WILL rule when the reins are off. With the Flames what you saw is what they have.

I vote Oilers by an Edmonton mile.

Homers keep the money flowing throughout. Oilers rule and you better not say otherwise!

Angelus*

I lost it unfortunately. It wasn't anything great anyways, I do my best work without having to follow PG guidelines. I would very much enjoy a thread where we have free reigns to mock CP without any restrictions, but it's understandable why that's not allowed. Maybe we should make our own forum for that sole purpose.:badidea:

Sign me up!

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
TSN just predicted us to finish 13th in the west. Who makes these predictions? A few minutes before, Aaron Ward had us in the playoffs and Ferraro had us in the 7-11 range. I'm trying not to be biased but 13th seems at least a couple of spots lower than where they should finish.

Edit - Probably should of this in the other thread.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Well TSN thinks we will finish ahead of them :)

Sportsnet Panel thinks Oilers will finish ahead of Flames too. Both predicting the Flames to finish 14th in the Western Conference, but both also predicting Oilers not to make the playoffs as well.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
TSN just predicted us to finish 13th in the west. Who makes these predictions? A few minutes before, Aaron Ward had us in the playoffs and Ferraro had us in the 7-11 range. I'm trying not to be biased but 13th seems at least a couple of spots lower than where they should finish.

Edit - Probably should of this in the other thread.

Didn't Tsn have you guys 3rd in the west like a week ago? I don't understand them... Either way I think they are way off on both clubs, I don't think either of our teams are far apart and could be separated by a mere couple of points. Should be a fun season though :)

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I"m sure TSN is loving the attention they're getting for predicting the Oilers to finish 13th.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
yeah its funny when they said "the consensus is the oilers will finish 13th, when everyone on the panel but one was picking them to finish higher

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer

St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong on the Oilers: "Probably a lot of fear 3 hours down the road." Says "pure joy" ahead for Oilers fans.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer

St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong on the Oilers: "Probably a lot of fear 3 hours down the road." Says "pure joy" ahead for Oilers fans.
The predictions in both of the papers today suggest that we're expected to take a big step this year and it's not just the Edmonton based pundits who are making these predictions. If the team fails this year then.... ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad