GDT: Oilers vs Canucks 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Sure, but those points don't influence tonights game at all. We aren't the same team, they aren't same team and for all intents and purposes it's a clean slate. We've clinched home ice. The division title is a nice to have, but ultimately meaningless.
Those points are the difference between first place and a run the table chance to finish first. This team was rightfully upset by their embarrassing head to head results and have a lot to play for tonight. Win & reset against a prospective second round opponent. Win & maybe play out a favorable first round opponent they’ve had great team success against in Nashville. We view ‘meaningless’ differently.

No McDavid and Demko likely takes both team’s most impactful players out. It’s a big game where it sits in context of season play and in driving playoff destiny or not. Not defining. But there’s tangible and intangible value to play for.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Random question does anyone know what the loge tables go for during playoffs?? Ate the even available? Lol

Regular season they are $1400-$1500 if you can find one on the Rogers Premium Ticket website. Playoffs will be $2000 minimum for Round 1 and only available on the secondary market I’d expect.

Cup Finals it’s $4000 / $1000 per seat and that’s face value. Secondary market depending where the seats are located I can see them going for $5000 - $10,000 for a table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zerotonine

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Adobe_Express_20240413_1316590_1.png

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Revenge game tonight. No one has forgotten the early season games.

Shame Demko isn't playing. Would prefer to light him up.

Drai isn't over passing. He's getting his teammates going before the playoffs start and I agree with what he's doing. Draisaitl will be fine come playoffs. It's the depth that disappears and he's trying to change that.

I still don't believe Mcdavid is that badly injured. Him resting is a good thing, preserving his energy for playoffs and allows more players ice time to be prepared as well when we need them.

If they can keep these guys to 2 goals or less tonight, that would be the best outcome.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I do see value in getting the division title. Having two whole rounds of home ice could be a big deal considering we are a better team at home this year.
Could end up being for the entire playoffs if Dallas loses out in 1st 2 rounds Oilers can finish ahead Jets and Avs in standings as well

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
McDavid not going tonight is definitely concerning I don't know how you could spin otherwise.

But if it's the right call it's the right call. Hopefully he's ready by next week,
I think Mcdavid play against San Jose and Arizona then takes the Colorado game off.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
A little concerned about Connor, though I imagine this is the team treating him like Bubble Boy and not taking the risk of exacerbating an injury for games that aren't overly meaningful vs. the start of the playoffs.

I'm curious if the 2nd line can continue to show traction. I mentioned it after the Vegas game, if RNH-Drai-Hyman works as a line, then playing Connor with Kane makes a lot of sense.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Cousin going to his first game tonight. He's 4 and was crying cause he wouldn't get to see Connor.
Poor kid. I’d be bummed too if I was going to a game and my hockey hero didn’t play, regardless of my age. Hopefully he still enjoys the game, because he can see the Oilers demolish the Nucks and create a memory of being at his first ever NHL game. Popcorn helps too!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Lets face it, McDavid has been hurt all year. Maybe the plan all along was always to rest him after we clinched.

McDavid getting healthy > Winning the Division.

It is sounding like they expected him back earlier and he isn't healing the way they wanted. Starting to be pretty concerning that he'll even be ready for the playoffs. Also sounding more and more like it is indeed a groin injury. Watch the Kob presser, and think about what a groin injury looks like while watching it, and it matches pretty much perfectly.

Reactions: ujju2

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
It is sounding like they expected him back earlier and he isn't healing the way they wanted. Starting to be pretty concerning that he'll even be ready for the playoffs. Also sounding more and more like it is indeed a groin injury. Watch the Kob presser, and think about what a groin injury looks like while watching it, and it matches pretty much perfectly.

zMMC_ZsCvmfrndCc6evYupqFZJ4=.gif

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
I think Mcdavid play against San Jose and Arizona then takes the Colorado game off.
Depends what happens tonight.

If they win, he may play next couple of games.

If they lose, not expecting him until the Colorado game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad