Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
54AC0864-40B9-46AD-A998-6ABF0FFB0119.gif

9BDE3731-88C0-42CA-B71C-94A43F769803.gif

Vancouver’s been riding the PDO wave like nobodies business with many of their players having career years. It’s a formula Calgary used two years ago when we knocked them off their perch and rarely works come playoff time.

E6E277F3-5FCE-458F-BA55-C2544138AF32.gif

AD64BCC0-B49D-411F-9D74-69C3D5B2C2D2.gif

Luck has a way of getting squashed come playoff time as the Canucks are about to find out come Round 1.

386661D8-48A5-4460-9094-075384C1946C.gif

Time now for the Oilers Revenge game. The Canucks dummied us 3 in a row early on when Woodcock decided to coach a system he had no clue how to run after yet another summer camp style training camp in which both Ekholm and McDavid got injured. Time to take care of unfinished business.

————-///————

:edmonton Projected Lines

RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman
Kane - Henrique - Foegele
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

Ekholm- Bouchard
Nurse - Stecher
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner starting.

————-///————

:nucks Projected Lines

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser
Joshua Miller Garland
DiGuisepe Lindholm Mikheyev
Suter Blueger Lafferty

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Zadorov Cole

DeSmith

————-///————

GD Music - Operation Ground and Pound - Dragonforce

————-///————

Fearless Prediction

Oilers 5 Vancouver 2

————-///————

Last edited:

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Get ready for a good old blood bath. Hopefully McDavid plays tonight. If we lose this game, our last hope at taking the division will be gone. I'd be fine with resting McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, Kane, and Nurse if we get locked into 2nd.

I'm sure the boys are still feeling really angry at the Canucks for screwing things up for us at the start of the season. Guys like Kane and Perry are going to have to play the Canucks stars really tough.

Last game of the season before I take my trip too! Leaving Sunday evening.
The Travel Plan.png

Won't be back home until just after the second game after the playoffs.

Last edited:

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
It's so weird that the league can't avoid scheduling 3 games in 4 days. Anyway, would really like to see the team keep this season comeback going.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Hopefully McD comes back. Not necessarily because of the division title potentially in line, but because it would be worrying if he feels too injured to play even for a relatively high stake game like this.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
If Mcdavid comes back a small part of me thinks he wasn't injured and the just wanted to rest him a week then get him up to speed for Playoffs.

Can't rule this out

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Get ready for a good old blood bath. Hopefully McDavid plays tonight. If we lose this game, our last hope at taking the division will be gone. I'd be fine with resting McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, Kane, and Nurse if we get locked into 2nd.

I'm sure the boys are still feeling really angry at the Canucks for screwing things up for us at the start of the season. Guys like Kane and Perry are going to have to play the Canucks stars really tough.

Last game of the season before I take my trip too! Leaving Sunday evening.
View attachment 850944
Won't be back home until just after the second game after the playoffs.
Check out the LTIR museum in LV.

And this: Molly's Nipple Molly's Nipple · Hurricane, UT 84737, Vereinigte Staaten

1713022172742.png

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's so weird that the league can't avoid scheduling 3 games in 4 days. Anyway, would really like to see the team keep this season comeback going.
If the arenas were solely for hockey, it could probably be done, but when you start mixing in the NBA in some cities and concerts basically at all of them, I imagine scheduling for these dual-purpose arenas is a challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louis Cypher

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Mcdavid comes back a small part of me thinks he wasn't injured and the just wanted to rest him a week then get him up to speed for Playoffs.

Can't rule this out
It's more likely that the injury was real, but minor and playable. He usually plays through it. But, these tweaks are common so there's no reason to doubt that it's real now. Also, it's not like it's against the rules for us to healthy scratch him just for rest

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
could be the last "big" game of the regular season, depending on the outcome

need a regulation Win to have a chance at first, which is incredible if you told me back in November

would really suck to be swept by the Cucks though

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's more likely that the injury was real, but minor and playable. He usually plays through it. But, these tweaks are common so there's no reason to doubt that it's real now. Also, it's not like it's against the rules for us to healthy scratch him just for rest

He said he tweaked the injury he has been dealing with all season. (Which proves my point I said a while back that he has been playing hurt this year.)

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I think the boys will really show up for this game to avenge their 3 losses earlier in the season. Should be a good one.

Is this good or bad news for tonight? Doesn't sound promising to me

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Could be checking how his groin feels. If it is a groin injury a few minutes on the ice will let him know.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think the boys will really show up for this game to avenge their 3 losses earlier in the season. Should be a good one.

Is this good or bad news for tonight? Doesn't sound promising to me

Hard to tell. Skinner is playing tonight, and he was at practice. Could have been a quick 10 minutes as a final test to see if he was ready, or could be a for sure not tonight let’s just get in another day of skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad