Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Jesse Joensuu - 2 years, $950k per

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He’s never denied it
Yeah. It was always known. I just wish people would stop bringing it up sometimes. We all have our times and that time period was when I was sinking in the magnitude of having done 25yrs in crisis response counseling. I've seen a lot of pain, put it that way.

Took years to decompress from my career choice. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Its worse now for the people doing what I did.

Is it just me or did @Drivesaitl always deny he was replacement? Has that changed?
We've had PM's about it. You must have a worse memory than me. lol

The funny thing about the moniker replacement is that some people figured I'd replaced somebody. Nah, it was a spin on leagues using replacement players during lockouts or labour strife and I figured fans could be replacements too. Nobody ever got that. Plus that we're all just replacements in a Buddhist sense.

I joined the board just after the extended, protracted NHL impasse that had erased a season. It was a send up on how the league had dissed its fans. 05-06 season was the comeback year for the NHL so "replacement" fan seemed funny to me.

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yeah. It was always known. I just wish people would stop bringing it up sometimes. We all have our times and that time period was when I was sinking in the magnitude of having done 25yrs in crisis response counseling. I've seen a lot of pain, put it that way.

Took years to decompress from my career choice. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Its worse now for the people doing what I did.

We've had PM's about it. You must have a worse memory than me. lol

The funny thing about the moniker replacement is that some people figured I'd replaced somebody. Nah, it was a spin on leagues using replacement players during lockouts or labour strife and I figured fans could be replacements too. Nobody ever got that. Plus that we're all just replacements in a Buddhist sense.

I joined the board just after the extended, protracted NHL impasse that had erased a season. It was a send up on how the league had dissed its fans. 05-06 season was the comeback year for the NHL so "replacement" fan seemed funny to me.

Huh, maybe my memory is indeed pretty bad lol. I remember we've had PMs about your career in crisis response counselling, just didn't realize your previous moniker came up though. Sorry to bring it up.

I don't think I was particularly active around here before you joined with your current account, so while I know of the replacement, I couldn't recall a specific thing from your time under that name. Maybe for the best, by the sounds of it?

That's definitely a funny background to the name. I guess we're the strikebreakers of hockey fandom lol.

Cheers!

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I remember putting this guy as our 1C and 1PP in NHL 14 be a GM mode so I could tank for McDavid and the sim would give him random 80+ point seasons

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Huh, maybe my memory is indeed pretty bad lol. I remember we've had PMs about your career in crisis response counselling, just didn't realize your previous moniker came up though. Sorry to bring it up.

I don't think I was particularly active around here before you joined with your current account, so while I know of the replacement, I couldn't recall a specific thing from your time under that name. Maybe for the best, by the sounds of it?

That's definitely a funny background to the name. I guess we're the strikebreakers of hockey fandom lol.

Cheers!
Mostly just similar. People didn't like that I often have a different view and would defend it to the hilt. That said I was heavily opposed to the new arena and the avarice of pro sports taking from the taxpayer and fans obviously don't like that kind of thing.

I was mostly unfamiliar with online posting when coming here so to some degree my trial by fire, or onfire, lol. I like debates and some people hate that. For all the hubris I received a lot worse here than I ever gave out. Older people can seem different online because they are used to pleasantry inherent with in person discussion. People that grew up online are much more comfortable with flaming and such. Took awhile to get used to that. Ideally nobody should.

Thanks for reading the genesis of the username. Current one is a play on Draisaitl DRIVEing offense as it was selected at a time where that was being highly disputed for some McD reason. ;)

Drive just seemed the right pick and finally a player I'd name after. I feel sorry for anybody that picked some other players..

cheers

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I went to probably 20 games that year by buying tickets for about $20 each off stubhub.

That price to watch NHL hockey, even if my team was shit, was too good to pass up.
Had the same thing going on over the 90's DOD. Show up a game and just hand a scalper 10 or 20 and get good tickets. Just show up before gametime, get scalped tickets on sale and walk in. I was often working in that area so it was easy to get to. Always parked next to Borden park so my all in was really cheap.

Arnott, Smyth were worth watching but a segment of time where Arnott was basically the only good player on the club. lol felt sorry for him. One of the best rookie years I've seen. he was so much to the club and had to be every night. It kind of burned him out. He didn't deserve the flak he got. He was taking the fall for the whole team going down the sinker, the club being cheap, and the Oilers selling out on a lot of their past talent. I remember some pretty shit PP's.

Reactions: K1984

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Mostly just similar. People didn't like that I often have a different view and would defend it to the hilt. That said I was heavily opposed to the new arena and the avarice of pro sports taking from the taxpayer and fans obviously don't like that kind of thing.

I was mostly unfamiliar with online posting when coming here so to some degree my trial by fire, or onfire, lol. I like debates and some people hate that. For all the hubris I received a lot worse here than I ever gave out. Older people can seem different online because they are used to pleasantry inherent with in person discussion. People that grew up online are much more comfortable with flaming and such. Took awhile to get used to that. Ideally nobody should.

Thanks for reading the genesis of the username. Current one is a play on Draisaitl DRIVEing offense as it was selected at a time where that was being highly disputed for some McD reason. ;)

Drive just seemed the right pick and finally a player I'd name after. I feel sorry for anybody that picked some other players..

cheers

I have no idea why you went into the witness protection program, replacement was a good name and you are in the hfoil hall of fame in my books, along with a very small group of others that are still around and 1 or 2 absolute legends who were banned for being too hot for HF.

i.e. thewarrrrrrrrrrior.... come out and play-e-ayyy

Myride

Mar 4, 2016
Edmonton
ps I saw Kiss first time in 77 in I think it was the Love gun tour. Ace smoking guitar, Peters rising drum platform with Cat mural, Paul Stanley prancing around like a hair stylist, Gene Simmons monster, whole bit. Cheap Trick were the back up band. Nice. At one point in time Kiss Alive and Cheap Trick Live at Budokhan were real good selling live albums. Both bands liked it live.
[/QUOTE]

I was at that concert! What I can remember of it...;-). Followed it up a month later with the Alice Cooper concert....Billion Dollar Babies tour I believe.......what a great summer....lol

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I remember putting this guy as our 1C and 1PP in NHL 14 be a GM mode so I could tank for McDavid and the sim would give him random 80+ point seasons

I remember that game being super high on the Oilers. Dubnyk, Gagner, Eberle, Hall, Petry and a bunch of other guys were rated wayyyyyyyyy higher than they should have been. Big standout was Schultz who I think got an 86 rating on day one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad