GDT: Oilers rookies vs Jets rookies

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Is the new "score goals, hit the bodies"

Speaking of Slepyshev I think he could see some NHL games this year. I expect him to have a good season in the AHL now that he's had a year of NA experience. Its awesome that we have some nice winger prospects that can hopefully step into top 9 roles when McDavid and Draisaitl get their big payday. Definitely think its possible for us to keep the 3 centre setup on this team long-term if we can get a few good cheap wingers to pan out and contribute.

Kuudere

5-14-6-1
Feb 12, 2015
The City of SpOilers
6 points* and he didnt really look rusty... Thats how he plays..

ahh sorry, I swear the commentary said that he had 7 points but I guess I misheard it. And other than the last period in this game, he has not looked like half the player he was before the injury but who can blame him after returning from surgery.

In his first game, he had too many soft passes and hardly utilized his teammates effectively. Other than his beauty goal, he had a bad game.

This game he looked a lot better. Better all-around game but was still giving some soft passes and skating up the ice by himself. His third period though was impressive.

Hope he skates off all the rust soon cause I know he can play at a level waaay higher than what he displayed at the tournament

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
ahh sorry, I swear the commentary said that he had 7 points but I guess I misheard it. And other than the last period in this game, he has not looked like half the player he was before the injury but who can blame him after returning from surgery.

In his first game, he had too many soft passes and hardly utilized his teammates effectively. Other than his beauty goal, he had a bad game.

This game he looked a lot better. Better all-around game but was still giving some soft passes and skating up the ice by himself. His third period though was impressive.

Hope he skates off all the rust soon cause I know he can play at a level waaay higher than what he displayed at the tournament

You know you have a good player when he plays 2 bad games and gets 6 points.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010

He definitely said 7 points several times. Commentator misspoke. Benik has 7 points though...but in 3 games.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I was just going to post something from that site.

Tourney lead scorers.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats...3&seasonid=16229&maxnumplayers=all&sortby=pts
Looking for Jankowski, Kylington, and Tkachuk

tumblr_lng5qvE9XC1qighleo1_500.gif

:sarcasm:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Hmm I would have thought something for 2009 would have been lost in this site's last purge.

not if you know where to look

the purge coming this fall could be the mother ****er of all purges

this site will look greatly different--I was hoping they would do it before the season begins but it sounds like it will be sometime in December(if you have seen the other crave boards you know how this site will look before the new year--unless it gets delayed)

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Just finished watching the archived game after work.. man I can't wait for main camp. Good on the boys for going 3-0!

Have to say though, in this game if the Benik, cagguila, Pulju line weren't on there wasn't much of a threat for us to score. Should mention that Russel and deschenau were pretty good as well.

I wish I saw any semblance of what I liked in Greg chase.. I was really pulling for him but he made so many bone headed plays.. I think the curtain is falling on that one.

I was missing the Platzer and Christoffer of last year's tourney too.. some good tools in the box but not enough to get things done IMO

Only one on D who stood out for me was Niemelainen.. he certainly had his ups and downs in this game.. I really liked when he jumped up in the play.

Bouchard was a nice surprise. Didn't have that many really high quality chances against but he seemed pretty solid and exceeded expectations. If nothing else I got a laugh every time he had the puck in his glove.. waited for the whistle then just threw it away like a baby he didn't want to hold in the first place.

All in all though a good tournament considering these guys are just hitting the ice for the first time this season. Lots of sloppy play but i think its fair to chalk that up to rust at this point. There are a few to watch come main camp at least!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope that we sign Doetzel to a NHL deal. His upside is that of a bottom pairing guy but he moves well for a tough customer and is a RHD. I also hope that we get Irving inked to an AHL deal.

Bastulon

Jul 11, 2014
Canada
I hope that we sign Doetzel to a NHL deal. His upside is that of a bottom pairing guy but he moves well for a tough customer and is a RHD. I also hope that we get Irving inked to an AHL deal.

I'd stay away from Doetzel, "I knew it was time so I had to fight to get off the ice" I'm reference to his recurring migraines.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm a badly mistaken or is there somekind of game tomorrow?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm a badly mistaken or is there somekind of game tomorrow?

The Oilers prospects will play the University of Alberta Golden Bears tomorrow night at 7PM MT time. It's usually a fairly competitive game. I think right now the Oilers prospects record against the Golden Bears since this game started being played is 12 wins 13 losses.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Oilers prospects will play the University of Alberta Golden Bears tomorrow night at 7PM MT time. It's usually a fairly competitive game. I think right now the Oilers prospects record against the Golden Bears since this game started being played is 12 wins 13 losses.

Thank you, looking forward to this and seeing how they'll do.
I'm guessing that's 04.00am here.

Can that be also be watched from youtube?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Anyone know if there will be a live feed?

Thank you, I'm guessing that's 04.00am here.

It's 7:30PM right now in Edmonton, so this time tomorrow minus 30 minutes. Not sure what time that is in Finland, sorry!

The Oilers site says you can watch it on their site, I assume it will be through youtube like the other games.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's 7:30PM right now in Edmonton, so this time tomorrow minus 30 minutes. Not sure what time that is in Finland, sorry!

The Oilers site says you can watch it on their site, I assume it will be through youtube like the other games.

So 4am it is.
These time zones are so confusing but I hopefully get it now :laugh:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Thank you, looking forward to this and seeing how they'll do.
I'm guessing that's 04.00am here.

Yeah should be on the Oilers youtube channel. I'll be at the game so I really hope that Puljujarvi plays. He should be, they usually play the new high 1st round picks in this game. It should be more competitive of a game than the Penticton games. The Bears usually play the Oilers really hard and they usually have a pretty structured game (as to be expected with a team thats mostly been together for a few years), and the majority of the team is older in the 22-25 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad