GDT: Oilers rookies vs Jets rookies

Snipez*

Connor scores. He looks like an NHL player would break him in half lol. I would say besides the top line, the Oilers look very sloppy.

Snipez*

Puju made a great pass so far. Looks good. I noticed he was going off for a line change and a Jet cross checked him in the back just as he was about to get to the gate.

Puju turned around and took a few strides towards the guy, but kept his cool and went off. Feisty fella.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Hm. I was convinced this game was starting in 3 minutes. Did they change it?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
what happened in the first 15?

because I caught the last 5 and it was ALL Oilers

jets had possession for maybe 1 rush

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Niemalainen looks pretty solid, needs another year of junior obviously but he looks smooth out there.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Puju made a great pass so far. Looks good. I noticed he was going off for a line change and a Jet cross checked him in the back just as he was about to get to the gate.

Puju turned around and took a few strides towards the guy, but kept his cool and went off. Feisty fella.

Stupid pacifist Finns. ;)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Really liked Niemelainen that period. His toolbox is insane. Needs a ton of seasoning, but looks very promising.

Also liked:

Descheneau - Beauty shot on his goal.
Jenkins - Very smooth, excellent hands for a D-man.
Cagguila - High end skill.

Pulju had some nice moments in the first as well.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Niemalainen looks pretty solid, needs another year of junior obviously but he looks smooth out there.

His skating is really impressive.
Didn't expect him to be able to move the puck as well as he has.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
hes scored some goals for us during this tourney , maybe throw the kid a contract ? Dont know if its worth it but would help our AHL team

I'm fairly confident he'll b get an invite to main camp after his performance here. If shows well at main camp, he could get an AHL deal or a straight up ELC.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
His skating is really impressive.
Didn't expect him to be able to move the puck as well as he has.

Especially with his size, many big guys have some skating issues. Niemalainen looks very smooth, hopefully in a few years he can step in for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad