Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I doubt it... But they've got some glaring issues with that lineup and IMO they aren't good enough to where they can overcome this slide if it lasts another ~2-3 weeks.

If they're something like 2-9-2 in 2-3 weeks, they're probably toast.

McDavid being out does make that more of a possibility.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I doubt it... But they've got some glaring issues with that lineup and IMO they aren't good enough to where they can overcome this slide if it lasts another ~2-3 weeks.

If they're something like 2-9-2 in 2-3 weeks, they're probably toast.

McDavid being out does make that more of a possibility.
Have you seen the Pacific? They’ll get into the playoffs

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
A lot of joke answers here. But, ya they are at risk. The depth and D and goaltending aren't good is McJeses is banged up they áre in triyblr

Reactions: Nevins

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Been saying Holland was a bad hire since the day he was brought in. Dinosaur with no real vision in today's league. McDavid/Draisaitl are good enough to overcome the bad roster though, doubt they miss.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Yep. And yet the Oiler fans absolutely lose it when it's pointed out that he's simply not good enough in his own zone to belong in the NHL. He put up points and still absolutely cost his team with his inability to play defence.
im an unbiased Oiler fan and I can confirm Bouchard is complete ass defensively

He's a glorified Erik Gustafsson

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Speak for your own team, Vancouver and LA are doing just fine in the Pacific

(Not that it means much down the stretch)

Both teams have pretty big questions marks themselves. LA a lot less than Vancouver, but again, outside of Vegas I don't see any team running away with things.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Bouchard looks ROUGH out there. On the ice tonight for FIVE Minnesota goals. Ouch.
In fairness six would have been worse. It’s all about how you look at it.
Yeah. They’re a playoff team IMO but the Stanley Cup hype was kinda crazy.

I like to shit on them as much as anyone else, but they’re one McDrai streak away from a hot couple months. I wouldn’t count them out just yet.
Yea I have a hard time believing they’ll not make it. I don’t necessarily think they’ll go far without seriously good fortune, but worse case they fire their coach at some internally set deadline and someone comes in and kicks players asses

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Their division is weak or this might have been a wrap already. Regardless that defense is brutal and has no chance of doing well in the playoffs.

Even Ekholm looks terrible.

It's kind of embarrassing when a goalie isn't the main issue despite giving up six goals.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad