Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Vancouver fans crack me up. They are so sure that their team has “arrived” after 20 games in one season.

“Theres no way the Oilers catch up! We have Elias Petterson, Quin Hughes, AND JT Miller!” Lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckG

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
How much do you want to bet in a months times the Canucks are barely going to be hanging on to that lead ?

Great season by the Canucks and they are flying. The Oilers however look like they might not even lose another 10 games the rest of the season.
You should just worry about your Oilers. Canucks fans are happy with their team. I dont know why when Oilers win all of a sudden you guys come out of woodworks and get too cocky lol.

Vancouver fans crack me up. They are so sure that their team has “arrived” after 20 games in one season.

“Theres no way the Oilers catch up! We have Elias Petterson, Quin Hughes, AND JT Miller!” Lmao

Seems like you forgot to take your meds.

Reactions: Voight

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
You probably won't catch van. They have 3 players in top 10 for points, 1 player for tops in goals, 2 top defenseman in top 10 for points and a goalie in top 10. Even with Foilers fans and rest of HFboard praying for Canucks to collapse, they haven't and that is with injuries to Soucy and Suter the top PKers. Good luck catching them. Oilers will eventually slow down too. They won't win every game and will need to start Campbell at some point or risk Skinner to injury

Really ? Your going to go there ?

The Oilers have Leon Draisaitl, Connor McDavid.

How long does that Vancouver trio stay in the top 10 ?

And now you have another offensive dynamo in Evan Bouchard who just surpassed Hughes and Hroneks point streak mark for the season. He's also over 30 points and younger than both. Well by one day 😄

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Really ? Your going to go there ?

The Oilers have Leon Draisaitl, Connor McDavid.

How long does that Vancouver trio stay in the top 10 ?

And now you have another offensive dynamo in Evan Bouchard who just surpassed Hughes and Hroneks point streak mark for the season. He's also over 30 points and younger than both. Well by one day 😄
You can have your boobchard. I rather have the more superior dman that doesnt piggy back off McDrai and actually creates offense all on his own by having Hughes. McDavid and Drai are top end players but i disagree on Boobchard. He will revert back to his bumbling ways soon enough.

There's quite a bit of of bad blood and resentment from the first 100 or so pages of this thread I'd say.

I agree that it's long past it's expiry date but I guess it's easier for the mods to keep the sniping mostly contained to one thread.
Tell your fellow fans to calm down. They arent in the cup finals with the way they are bragging right now. Its insane that they are even putting teams ahead of them in standings down after an 8 game win streak

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
There's quite a bit of of bad blood and resentment from the first 100 or so pages of this thread I'd say.

I agree that it's long past it's expiry date but I guess it's easier for the mods to keep the sniping mostly contained to one thread.
its funny if people who don't like this thread stop coming and posting in this thread, it'll die, as us Oilers fans won't stay here just talking amongst Oiler fans.

But you are right, there's a lot of bad blood here, I know for me, Its bringing me out more and leading me to be more annoying. Quite a lot of shit was talked and I must say, I take pleasure in this comeback.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Oilers fans have quite the inferiority complex, Jesus.
For what? The first half of the thread was filled with nonsense like this:
It'll be hilarious if they manage to lose both Draisatil and McDavid, with their crowning achievement being a WCF sweep.
There's zero attempt at honest discussion happening in the first 30 pages of the thread. It's all memes and anecdotes about how much everyone enjoys the demise. Including you.

You can't be surprised when a proven playoff team resurrects itself and people come back to kick all those drive-bys into the dirt. I'll be the first to tell you the team has a long way to go, but when you post garbage about losing their superstars being hilarious, you don't get to come here and try to be a victim.

This team is not a 2-9 team. This team is also not a 8-0 team thats 1st is GF, GA, and defensively top 5 in the league. They are somewhere in the middle, but they are also closer to the latter than the former and should be a playoff team...just like they've been the last 3 years.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

There's zero attempt at honest discussion happening in the first 30 pages of the thread. It's all memes and anecdotes about how much everyone enjoys the demise. Including you.

You can't be surprised when a proven playoff team resurrects itself and people come back to kick all those drive-bys into the dirt. I'll be the first to tell you the team has a long way to go, but when you post garbage about losing their superstars being hilarious, you don't get to come here and try to be a victim.

This team is not a 2-9 team. This team is also not a 8-0 team thats 1st is GF, GA, and defensively top 5 in the league. They are somewhere in the middle, but they are also closer to the latter than the former and should be a playoff team...just like they've been the last 3 years.
Then you must also prepare yourself once your team goes on a losing streak. And the cycle repeats itself.

Reactions: Voight

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
You can have your boobchard. I rather have the more superior dman that doesnt piggy back off McDrai and actually creates offense all on his own by having Hughes. McDavid and Drai are top end players but i disagree on Boobchard. He will revert back to his bumbling ways soon enough.

Tell your fellow fans to calm down. They arent in the cup finals with the way they are bragging right now. Its insane that they are even putting teams ahead of them in standings down after an 8 game win streak

Post of the thread. This takes the cake.

How do you feel Canuck fans about this guy representing you ?

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton

Why would I do that? Some people deserved to have their bad takes rubbed in their nose a bit. There's a reason the NHL season is 82 games long and not 20.

I just think the thread has run its course.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Then you must also prepare yourself once your team goes on a losing streak. And the cycle repeats itself.
Thus is the nature of HF. It wasn't locked while we got peed on for 30 pages, isn't being locked while we pee on everyone else and likely won't be locked when it comes back the other way in 20 games. I won't start getting confident in this team until we get through December, which is normally our worst month.

Ultimately I won't be fully confident in this team until they win a cup, because we've had enough playoffs now that the 1st round is largely irrelevant. I do believe they are good enough to win a cup if they can get 0.900-0.910 goaltending. We don't need an Igor. We just need average to slightly above average and we can get there. Colorado won a cup with the worst goaltending in 30 years so it can be done.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

receipts, Oilers fans have them.

• Haha
Reactions: North Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad