Pre-Game Talk: Oilers in the SENS Den, Thurs 7:30 TSN | Cheap Beer Edition

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
We started yrs ago to go to a restaurant like Don Cherry's & eat & drink there then take their shuttle bus to the game & it has been great. We don't have to pay for parking, we don't buy beer at the game because it's too damn expensive, same with the food & we don't have to put up with the driving & getting out of the parking lot, it's been great.

Going to tonight's game in fact, should be fun. Edmonton looks like a fun team to watch & looking forward to seeing a couple of Ottawa's young guys. Enjoy your evening everyone.
Going tonight.

I've been to about four games this year. I started taking OC Transpo from and to Bayshore. It's really painless, especially since buses have their own eastbound on-ramp out of the parking lot. And I say this as someone who actively avoids the bus for *anything* else.

Reactions: aragorn

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I doubt anyone has even attempted to get an answer on that.

He'll come back when he's ready. Everyone is going to leave him alone

I hope he is left alone and given all the time he needs to heal. There is no reason to come back unless he wants to play hockey.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wolanin wore #24 in college, since it's unclaimed right now with the Sens, I assume he'll wear the same?
He's wearing 86 I think

Here's the tweet (can't confirm it works as my twitter feed doesn't work on HF here):

No idea why he chose that number. His dad wore 6, and maybe he likes 8?

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Going tonight.

I've been to about four games this year. I started taking OC Transpo from and to Bayshore. It's really painless, especially since buses have their own eastbound on-ramp out of the parking lot. And I say this as someone who actively avoids the bus for *anything* else.

Do you park your car there?

If so, is it a safe place to leave your car for about 4 hours?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Enjoy the game tonight everyone, hopefully, it will at least be a fun game to watch.

Go Sens Go. Haven't said that in a while ... and I'm off to the game .....

Reactions: Back in Black

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
We started yrs ago to go to a restaurant like Don Cherry's & eat & drink there then take their shuttle bus to the game & it has been great. We don't have to pay for parking, & we don't have to put up with the driving & getting out of the parking lot, it's been great.

Ya, Broadway's out of Barrhaven is perfect. They charge $5 for the bus, but still worth it! Leaves the restaurant 1 hour before game time, and leaves CTC 15 minutes after the game! :thumbu:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
What is the line-up for tonight's game?

Any news on when is Karlsson coming or he is unavailable for the remainder of the season?

Dzingel - Duchene - Hoffman
Ryan - Smith - Gaborik
Paajarvi - Pageau - Pyatt
McCormick - Chlapik - Burrows

Wolanin - Ceci
Chabot - Harpur
Borowiecki - Claesson

Andy

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Come to norway and Get half a beer for that price...

Hmm and now I know where I'm moving to start a microbrewery if the whole landscaping thing fails.

I enjoy 4 dollar beers at home with the game on a big screen.

images

11%abv

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Dzingel - Duchene - Hoffman
Ryan - Smith - Gaborik
Paajarvi - Pageau - Pyatt
McCormick - Chlapik - Burrows

Wolanin - Ceci
Chabot - Harpur
Borowiecki - Claesson

Andy

That D core is utterly comical. Hope for a high scoring loss tonight
I wonder if any team has iced something worse this season

Wolanin, unknown Rookie - Ceci, #4 at best
Chabot, solid rookie but is he top 4 yet? - Harpur, 7th D
Boro, 7th D (6 on a good day) - Claesson, 7th D

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Season is "done", every decision made from here on out should be about next season.

Karlsson could sit out the rest of the year, no one would blame him.

Wolanin was pretty solid in college from what I understand. Ceci has gotten to another level now that he is Phaneufree, Chabot is proving the accolades were warranted, Boro is having a good season (except for his headhunting and refusing to back it up last game, that was gutless).

Time for Harpur or Claesson to make it. Claesson has been an extremely disappointing player this year and Harpur has been "meh".

These are exciting games to watch.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Got an offer on the table to go for free tonight in a catered box. I'm actually surprised how little interest I have in accepting this. On one hand, I wanna see McDavid. On the other, I'd rather stay home and play my advance copy of Far Cry... and I'm also in boycott mode but this won't cost me anything.

I should say, its not my company's box but my cousin's so I wouldn't wanna get as drunk and belligerent as I normally would at a game.
Far Cry can wait.. Go enjoy the food and drinks!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Season is "done", every decision made from here on out should be about next season.

Karlsson could sit out the rest of the year, no one would blame him.

Wolanin was pretty solid in college from what I understand. Ceci has gotten to another level now that he is Phaneufree, Chabot is proving the accolades were warranted, Boro is having a good season (except for his headhunting and refusing to back it up last game, that was gutless).

Time for Harpur or Claesson to make it. Claesson has been an extremely disappointing player this year and Harpur has been "meh".

These are exciting games to watch.

I don’t agree with your comment about Borowiecki. He is doing his job and did not aim for the head.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He's wearing 86 I think

Here's the tweet (can't confirm it works as my twitter feed doesn't work on HF here):

No idea why he chose that number. His dad wore 6, and maybe he likes 8?

Was gonna say maybe his dad's draft year, but his dad was drafted in 1985. His first season was technically "1986" though.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Been there a few times.

They used to give out cards (a number of years ago now) that would reward you with a free case of 24, after you bought ten.

That Depanneur regularly was the highest Beer sales by volume leader in the entire province.
Wow... no kidding. It’s a great promotion.

“Promotion” being the keyword :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2