Pre-Game Talk: Oilers in the SENS Den, Thurs 7:30 TSN | Cheap Beer Edition

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Looking forward to seeing Wolanin in action. Hopefully he gets some quality mins given nothing is really on the line here.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Where? Even when I made the trip to Bingo games the cheapest I could get a beer was 8 bucks.

All MLB and NFL games I go to are just as expensive as Sens games for alcohol.
I used to go to a lot of Ottawa Rapidz games with my friends. $4.50 beers, first row, heckling whoever the poor guy in the opposition on-deck circle was. They'd sometimes actually crack up at the stuff we'd throw at them. NEVER got kicked out. Gotta love minor league baseball.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Cant beat the price of import beers either, like Corona...

Too bad they rob you blind at sporting or concert events, everywhere! (not a shot at Melnyk).

I agree that the high cost of Beer at the CTC is gouging, as you suggest.

I bet that most people buy fewer beers at the current prices, and would buy more if the prices were lowered, and overall sales, and profits, would increase ........not just for Beer, but all the items at the concessions.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Beer King dog.

Been there a few times.

They used to give out cards (a number of years ago now) that would reward you with a free case of 24, after you bought ten.

That Depanneur regularly was the highest Beer sales by volume leader in the entire province.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Been there a few times.

They used to give out cards (a number of years ago now) that would reward you with a free case of 24, after you bought ten.

That Depanneur regularly was the highest Beer sales by volume leader in the entire province.
4001902967_7e67783f25_b.jpg

What a magical place.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
iu

This is the other Option in Aylmer, and since they've renovated and expanded their parking lot, it's a lot easier than The King of Beer. You can pay, walk out to your car, open your trunk and they'll bring out your beer and put it in for you.

Reactions: Back in Black

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Got an offer on the table to go for free tonight in a catered box. I'm actually surprised how little interest I have in accepting this. On one hand, I wanna see McDavid. On the other, I'd rather stay home and play my advance copy of Far Cry... and I'm also in boycott mode but this won't cost me anything.

I should say, its not my company's box but my cousin's so I wouldn't wanna get as drunk and belligerent as I normally would at a game.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Got an offer on the table to go for free tonight in a catered box. I'm actually surprised how little interest I have in accepting this. On one hand, I wanna see McDavid. On the other, I'd rather stay home and play my advance copy of Far Cry... and I'm also in boycott mode but this won't cost me anything.

I should say, its not my company's box but my cousin's so I wouldn't wanna get as drunk and belligerent as I normally would at a game.
But... Far Cry.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Sounds like you know the answer already. Follow your heart.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Black Flag was pretty badass in its own right.

I'm on the fence about going tonight too. I wish they weren't prepaid. But this is the first time I've ever had tickets, no prior commitments, and no strong desire to make the trek out.
Black Flag and Far Cry 3 are major asterisks for ubi open world games over the years imo. The Division might be my most disappointing games ever. :(

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Always nice to see McDavid. A battle of 2 teams that more was expected of this year for sure here.

Looking forward to seeing him, and you couldn't be more right about a Battle. Both teams have noting to lose, should be a good one.

I would die to be in a box with free food & beer!!!!!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I agree that the high cost of Beer at the CTC is gouging, as you suggest.

I bet that most people buy fewer beers at the current prices, and would buy more if the prices were lowered, and overall sales, and profits, would increase ........not just for Beer, but all the items at the concessions.

We started yrs ago to go to a restaurant like Don Cherry's & eat & drink there then take their shuttle bus to the game & it has been great. We don't have to pay for parking, we don't buy beer at the game because it's too damn expensive, same with the food & we don't have to put up with the driving & getting out of the parking lot, it's been great.

Going to tonight's game in fact, should be fun. Edmonton looks like a fun team to watch & looking forward to seeing a couple of Ottawa's young guys. Enjoy your evening everyone.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hope Wolanin has a good game and doesn't close the gap to aggressively , expecting some back checking support

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
What is the line-up for tonight's game?

Any news on when is Karlsson coming or he is unavailable for the remainder of the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00