GDT: Oilers host Habs @ 5pm MT - Nutshot Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ideally, you add while including Kassian and Barrie going the other way. A good GM would be able to do that, albeit with some more adds from our end. Holland will not be able to, likely because he is not even considering moving Barrie and Kassian in the first place.
That would be tantamount to admitting one’s mistakes and that concept doesn’t exist in this organization.

Also I see Smith is starting. I just went from being confident to terrified about this game.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Any other eastern based time zone team doesn't get this benefit, just the Leafs and Habs. When the Rangers were here in November when the Oilers won that wild one, it was a 730 start time, which is 930 on the east coast. My main point is the schedule makers caters just to the Leafs and Habs when they come to Alberta and BC when 99.9% of their entire fanbase aren't paying fans who are attending the game live. So much for "home ice advantage"-lol.

It's not always the case for the Habs when visiting Vancouver. The Habs upcoming game in Vancouver on Wednesday is a 10:30PM ET start time. Not really sure what the start time was for the Flames game last Thursday but I believe it was 9pm ET.

At least with tonight's early start we get to see a Habs/Oilers nationally televised game on CBC instead of having the CBC's precious Leafs forced on us for a change.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It has the makings especially with Smith in net.

But we will prevail in this must win game! 5-2 Oilers.
The Oilers need to start adapting the Cobra Kai motto, especially against weaker opponents.
pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm okay with a 2:1 Koskinen to Smith start ratio.

Smith was around to see the parting of the seas and has been on the IR most of the season so giving him one start every third game is fine, as long as he's not giving up bad goals . Koskinen won't get overworked this way as he's been playing very, very well aside from the gaff against Chicago.

He’s giving up bad goals with regularity.

The best goalie in our organization is playing in the AHL right now as well.

We absolutely must improve goaltending or I doubt we even make the playoffs.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He’s giving up bad goals with regularity.

The best goalie in our organization is playing in the AHL right now as well.

We absolutely must improve goaltending or I doubt we even make the playoffs.

Yes, he has. Certainly a shell of his former self of last season.

I think Holland has an affinity for his veteran players and I don't think we'll see Skinner again unless there's an injury. I'll be shocked if he actually does make a move for a goalie.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
We will get this post every game gdt now. I think people it think it is easier to fix this shit show than it is.

my hope for this team was killed on what Holland did in the off season. I have already beaten to death on trading down and nearly all the contracts annoyed me and tied our hands at getting a goalie.

I think the only option to get an upgrade at goalie was to spent for one and have around $9m or $10m tied up on goaltending this year. Which would have meant one of the below 4 not being signed:

Ceci, Barrie, Hyman or Nuge

Some might say that Barrie out would have been a good hindsight move (though he’s looked better under Woodcroft), they would have had a $1m playing RD in the top 4 and Bouchard being locked into the top 4 (which he hasn’t been able to handle consistently). I guess some might say that passing on Keith might have been the play as well but that means no 2LD either.

Basically, they would have been missing a top 6 player or a top 4D to get a goalie. I don’t know if the record would be any better with a “good” starter and one of those players missing

Mikko wasn’t going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad