GDT: Oilers host Habs @ 5pm MT - Nutshot Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Some cringe worthy posts, hope the game is better!;):laugh::D

Habs coming in on a bit of a roll, especially for a bottom feeder, seems like they are experiencing the big coaching change bump as well. I expect it to be tight one, with the mighty Oil winning 4-3.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
71F522E9-61D7-4C02-B9A0-FC9D195763F2.gif

Kick them Habs right where it hurts

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
View attachment 512625

Kick them Habs right where it hurts

No nutshot montage is complete without the Hans Moleman football to the groin. :laugh:

Full house for the first time in 2 years, hopefully it's rocking and not a morgue. Should give the players a boost. I think Calgary slept on these guys the other night so can't take them lightly.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
No nutshot montage is complete without the Hans Moleman football to the groin. :laugh:

Full house for the first time in 2 years, hopefully it's rocking and not a morgue. Should give the players a boost. I think Calgary slept on these guys the other night so can't take them lightly.
Oh, it will be rocking alright. With Habs fans. We stopped going to these games years ago (along with the Leaf ones) due to the influx of the inbreds in the stands. Oilers are still on the road, so to speak.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Its the Habs. So another night where theres chorus of cheering for the visiting team. Often seems to be 5K Habs fans springing up when they get in town.

The Oilers have been shite this season at home, hopefully they rectify that.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oh, it will be rocking alright. With Habs fans. We stopped going to these games years ago (along with the Leaf ones) due to the influx of the inbreds in the stands. Oilers are still on the road, so to speak.

heh, I just posted the same response without seeing yours. Yeah, some bonus that its a fuller house tonight, most of the influx will be habs jerseys and fans.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I just don't get why the league caters to the Habs and the Leafs fanbase for start times when they travel outside the EST timezone and go west. They don't do that for the Rangers or Bruins who are original sixers with a large fanbase. Or anyone else for that matter.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I just don't get why the league caters to the Habs and the Leafs fanbase for start times when they travel outside the EST timezone and go west. They don't do that for the Rangers or Bruins who are original sixers with a large fanbase. Or anyone else for that matter.
I don't mind a 5pm game but I would prefer an 8pm start if it angers the Habs/Toronto fans... Especially Toronto

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hopefully the real home squad silences them early.
These days half the home squad are taking selfies and staring at their smartphones. I mean WTF, can never figure it out. You got premium row 3 seats, the action is right in front of you and these youngones texting somebody. "look I'm at the game, I'm famous"

Oilers have to create their own excitement. Its not self starting. At Rogers the loudest it gets these days is during the guaranteed 3rd period wave.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't mind a 5pm game but I would prefer an 8pm start if it angers the Habs/Toronto fans... Especially Toronto

Not sure if you caught my rant about Calgary hillbillies getting all the 8pm prime time starts this year. Used to be the Oil getting most of these Sat HNIC primetime. Now we get the early slot if we even play on a Saturday. I think Cassie Campbell pulled weight on what she wants on a Saturday night.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

From a fan stand point, for sure. I love the 5 pm east coast road trip starts-lol. But from a player stand point, back in your home time zone, these 5 pm local starts f*** their game day prep from when they normally eat the pre game meal, pre game nap or whatever else they do to get ready so it throws their rythym off. Meanwhile the visiting team gets the comfort or advantage of doing their normal game day prep.

I think there was a Wednesday night game in Vancouver against the Leafs once that started at 4 p.m. Half the city is still at the office or stuck in traffic, let alone trying to get to a hockey game. Perhaps @Ginger Papa can confirm this, but I'm sure it was a weekday.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
From a fan stand point, for sure. I love the 5 pm east coast road trip starts-lol. But from a player stand point, back in your home time zone, these 5 pm local starts f*** their game day prep from when they normally eat the pre game meal, pre game nap or whatever else they do to get ready so it throws their rythym off. Meanwhile the visiting team gets the comfort or advantage of doing their normal game day prep.

I think there was a Wednesday night game in Vancouver against the Leafs once that started at 4 p.m. Half the city is still at the office or stuck in traffic, let alone trying to get to a hockey game. Perhaps @Ginger Papa can confirm this, but I'm sure it was a weekday.

Yeah, Vancouver grid lock is sadness. Really I wouldn't even have a vehicle there, just take Skytrain and public transit. You get everywhere faster.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015

The start times on the east coast would be 7pm and 10pm eastern time normally, so it's probably inconvenient for both teams in that regard and just a dumb idea altogether.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
These days half the home squad are taking selfies and staring at their smartphones. I mean WTF, can never figure it out. You got premium row 3 seats, the action is right in front of you and these youngones texting somebody. "look I'm at the game, I'm famous"

Oilers have to create their own excitement. Its not self starting. At Rogers the loudest it gets these days is during the guaranteed 3rd period wave.

Lol, yep, isn't that the truth. I DESPISE social media. I'm anti-FB, anti-instagram, etc.

I guess since 2006, there really hasn't been much to cheer for during home games so the "self starting" raucousness has gone the way of the dodo bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad