GDT: Oilers host Habs @ 5pm MT - Nutshot Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The start times on the east coast would be 7pm and 10pm eastern time normally, so it's probably inconvenient for both teams in that regard and just a dumb idea altogether.

Any other eastern based time zone team doesn't get this benefit, just the Leafs and Habs. When the Rangers were here in November when the Oilers won that wild one, it was a 730 start time, which is 930 on the east coast. My main point is the schedule makers caters just to the Leafs and Habs when they come to Alberta and BC when 99.9% of their entire fanbase aren't paying fans who are attending the game live. So much for "home ice advantage"-lol.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Will you cry if they do and he doesn’t? Gotta get those feelings out somehow

We will get this post every game gdt now. I think people it think it is easier to fix this shit show than it is.

my hope for this team was killed on what Holland did in the off season. I have already beaten to death on trading down and nearly all the contracts annoyed me and tied our hands at getting a goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Habs are a dangerous creature. On their second dead cat bounce following letting go their one year Hall of Fame dead cat bouncer who got them to a Cup Championship. Left no stone on the coaching search with this guy runner up to the midget hockey coach they hired ;)

Oil can't take this one for granted on home ice.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Any other eastern based time zone team doesn't get this benefit, just the Leafs and Habs. When the Rangers were here in November when the Oilers won that wild one, it was a 730 start time, which is 930 on the east coast. My main point is the schedule makers caters just to the Leafs and Habs when they come to Alberta and BC when 99.9% of their entire fanbase aren't paying fans who are attending the game live. So much for "home ice advantage"-lol.
I agree 100%. It's obviously a HNIC scheduling loophole that the golden boys get to take full advantage of.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We will get this post every game gdt now. I think people it is easier to fix this shit show than it is.

In my hope for this team was killed on what Holland did in the off season. I have already beaten to death on trading down and nearly all the contracts annoyed me and tied our hands at getting a goalie.
Without a doubt Holland failed arguably the most important offseason in Oilers history. At best we win a playoff round but when we're likely going to be trotting out the weakest goaltending of any playoff team it's hard to think that we won't be pushed aside.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I don't mind Smith starting if he plays like he did in Carolina. Kosk costed himself this start unfortunately with that terrible giveaway in Chicago. He's never been great at playing the puck so stick with your strengths.

If he doesn't do that and the Oilers score the go ahead goal, they are likely sitting in a Playoff spot. These points are so crucial right now.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Without a doubt Holland failed arguably the most important offseason in Oilers history. At best we win a playoff round but when we're likely going to be trotting out the weakest goaltending of any playoff team it's hard to think that we won't be pushed aside.

I know a lot of people were happy with the Hyman signing. For me he is a passenger who is streaky. Nuge contract is for loyalty.

Leading into the last trade deadline I wanted to all UFAS for assets that could be used to a get a legit goalie. We no longer have the money. We are dumpster diving

mrjnick

Feb 12, 2022
Feel oddly good about this game..

We have Montebault's (however you spell his name) number. We need to come out hard, with lots of shots and traffic towards the net.

In betting odd's we're a HIGH favourite -250 to the habs +200. With these odd's we're 8-2 WL and they are 5-14 WL. Not that I'm betting on this game, but it's an interesting "stat"

Feel like we're going to see a lot of goals tonight for both teams. 5-3 Oil

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
so smith get the start.....off to the liquor store I go.
denzel-vodka.gif

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
F***ing Stars... The fact that they keep winning is a kick in the left nut. Losing to the Habs (which would be a total Oilers thing to do) would be a big kick in the right nut.
:ha:

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
We will get this post every game gdt now. I think people it think it is easier to fix this shit show than it is.

my hope for this team was killed on what Holland did in the off season. I have already beaten to death on trading down and nearly all the contracts annoyed me and tied our hands at getting a goalie.
Call me crazy. But with the current team assuming they are healthy and Kosk playing like he has, I feel they could win a playoff series or maybe two.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm okay with a 2:1 Koskinen to Smith start ratio.

Smith was around to see the parting of the seas and has been on the IR most of the season so giving him one start every third game is fine, as long as he's not giving up bad goals . Koskinen won't get overworked this way as he's been playing very, very well aside from the gaff against Chicago.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I know a lot of people were happy with the Hyman signing. For me he is a passenger who is streaky. Nuge contract is for loyalty.

Leading into the last trade deadline I wanted to all UFAS for assets that could be used to a get a legit goalie. We no longer have the money. We are dumpster diving
I don't mind the Hyman signing but I can definitely see it aging about as well as the Lucic one did. Nuge is fine.

But I don't really want Holland to add at this year's TDL. If anything I'd rather he try and shed some dead weight (Barrie, Kassian).

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I don't mind the Hyman signing but I can definitely see it aging about as well as the Lucic one did. Nuge is fine.

But I don't really want Holland to add at this year's TDL. If anything I'd rather he try and shed some dead weight (Barrie, Kassian).

Ideally, you add while including Kassian and Barrie going the other way. A good GM would be able to do that, albeit with some more adds from our end. Holland will not be able to, likely because he is not even considering moving Barrie and Kassian in the first place.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The thing I hate bout these Habs games, are when the opposing fans chant "go habs go" in between the Let's Go Oilers chant

they think they're clever.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad