Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
I dunno if they have said that the road white jersey will have the navy blue or not. My guess is that it would. So if you get a Reebok jersey it will most likely be "outdated" because the blue will be royal instead of navy.

Its up to you whether that matters or not.

Thanks, all give it some thought, then its possible if I wait it out a bit that the Reebok will be cheaper? or probably just discontinued

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'm still not overly happy about the change, but if they look like Del's pictures, then at least it could be worse. Those still are sexy jerseys, just a lot less sexy than our current setup. Since they're insisting on orange primary, then the navy works well with it.

Let's take a minute to remember how bad the change was for us last time we switched suppliers. Easily worst jerseys in our history.

Oilers21.png

Both are bad, but my god the whites were just horrendous. Straight up practice jerseys :laugh:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I wouldn't mind a orange home and a blue away jersey. I also wouldn't mind if they wore these logos from years past (only for a few games, though):

Last edited:

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Thanks, all give it some thought, then its possible if I wait it out a bit that the Reebok will be cheaper? or probably just discontinued

They're discontinued. Reebok isn't shipping anymore. So what ever's left out there is all there will be. I know United Cycle in Edmonton had to buy a bunch from other stores across the country so they would have some jerseys for playoffs. They might be hard to find.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
The more I see that navy blue, the more sad I feel. They look like the Isles jersey during their **** 2002-2007 era. I hope this source is wrong and they stick with royal blue.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Islanders/Islanders10.html

So?

The Oilers have shared a similar colour as the Islanders pretty much their entire existence. So we can't have a colour scheme because a team had it for a few years and wasn't amazing?

The darker blue looks better than royal blue. Just as the muted orange will probably look better with the darker blue than our current orange does.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I wouldn't mind a orange home and a blue away jersey. I also wouldn't mind if they wore these logos from years past (only for a few games, though):

These are probably going to happen for some of the inevitable future outdoor games we have, with McDavid we'll be in demand for several more I would guess.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
As long as they don't mess around with the orange, I'm fine with it. The orange jersey was made to be worn by McDavid. Kid looks much faster when he's wearing orange

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
So?

The Oilers have shared a similar colour as the Islanders pretty much their entire existence. So we can't have a colour scheme because a team had it for a few years and wasn't amazing?

The darker blue looks better than royal blue. Just as the muted orange will probably look better with the darker blue than our current orange does.

This part I disagree with, but I agree that the Isles' history shouldn't be a consideration. But I love our current shade of orange. Hate muted orange. But the navy looks decent.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
As long as they don't mess around with the orange, I'm fine with it. The orange jersey was made to be worn by McDavid. Kid looks much faster when he's wearing orange

Are they thinking of changing the orange as well? Is there a legit source on this? I thought they're only changing the blue

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Are they thinking of changing the orange as well? Is there a legit source on this? I thought they're only changing the blue

I'm like 60% certain the only source on that change is this sentence by this fellow.

So?

I don't think there has been any real source claiming the orange is changing.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I really don't understand either. They make the switch to Orange jersey over Blue and then they don't even stick with the same colours.

I'm not sure about the accuracy though, seeing as it's just what he's heard. We can basically confirm the darker blue, but the orange has been largely unreported.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I retweeted this from Gregor a few days ago.

honestly, he talks like he is unsure. I think its an optical illusion from darkening the blue. the guy who photoshopped theMcDavid jersey to give an estimate of the tone of the new jersey actually had a crossover effect minimally but noticeable to the orange as well (got darker).

wait until we see them I guess.

personally I think its a jinx to switch the colors...but they have a new supplier so changes might be made just for that (last I checked...ADIDAS owned RBK// and Bauer is NIKE...so not even changing companies as much as the actual sourcing factory/label)

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
honestly, he talks like he is unsure. I think its an optical illusion from darkening the blue. the guy who photoshopped theMcDavid jersey to give an estimate of the tone of the new jersey actually had a crossover effect minimally but noticeable to the orange as well (got darker).

wait until we see them I guess.

personally I think its a jinx to switch the colors...but they have a new supplier so changes might be made just for that (last I checked...ADIDAS owned RBK// and Bauer is NIKE...so not even changing companies as much as the actual sourcing factory/label)

Hope so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad