Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I probably won't be quite as quick - I still gotta decide on what player I want. Got a McDavid last year and already had an RNH that's too small.

I got myself a Lucic one and my best friend bought himself a Draisaitl one last week. Looks like I'll wait until those new ones come out before I buy a Larsson jersey.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I did a quick colour replacement in Photoshop.

K6yN3H2.jpg
BIAmgSu.jpg

Quick? You're telling me. Terrible Job DP. I expect a better effort. You'll never make it in the bigs, you practice like Eberle.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
The only real issue I have is the lack of a classic historical jersey.

Dunno might just be me.

But I like how the Habs have minimally changed over a century (a few missteps at first). Same with the RedWings.

I hate the teams that change every few years. Like it loses its grandeur. The kings are a mess.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I did a quick colour replacement in Photoshop.

K6yN3H2.jpg
BIAmgSu.jpg

My takeaway here is thank god we went orange next year. The navy looks fairly good as a secondary colour, but I really don't like the navy primary. Our away gets worse too, but not too much.

Haha i like how ppl went from hating it to actually liking it once they saw the mock. I actually like the navy blue better as well esp for the logo. If it's close to the mock I'm fine with it.

Most things are like that though

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think when they bring back the navy blue for 2018-19 they will go back to the yoke-less design like this, but without the copper and red accents:

2289066.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Here's the 96-97 era white jerseys with the dark blue and with the blue shoulder yokes:

oilers-doug-weight-1997.jpg

Not bad actually.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I like the navy blue but I don't think it goes well with bright orange. I hope I'm wrong..

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
damn, those are sharp!
Agreed, the navy is a real improvement. I hope that's the only change. Reminds me of the Otters' thirds.

Xp67d0o.jpg

Bright colour + dark to balance it out.

While we're all requesting stuff, do these white ones
If I can figure out how to change the main jersey colour to white without it looking terrible I'll do it.

Last edited:

Cogliano13Gagner89

Nov 3, 2007
Oilers Misery
Are there plans to remove the huge numbers off the shoulders? I find it to be so amateur-ish, like something you would see in a ball hockey jersey. That's my complaint, i got no issues with going navy.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
So my Mcdavid jersey ($240) and my wives orange ($140) won't even colour match the team on the ice. I refuse to buy another one. What an oiler move. Why cant we start tradition like the wings/ black hawks or bruins?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm still not overly happy about the change, but if they look like Del's pictures, then at least it could be worse. Those still are sexy jerseys, just a lot less sexy than our current setup. Since they're insisting on orange primary, then the navy works well with it.

Let's take a minute to remember how bad the change was for us last time we switched suppliers. Easily worst jerseys in our history.

Oilers21.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad