Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Initially I hated this idea, but Del's photos don't make it seem as bad.I still with we just stayed with the bright blue jerseys. Those are my favorite.

Changing colours every season or two may be good for jersey sales. But it sure is crappy for getting the spectators at the arena looking like a unified force like some other team's fans do.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Let's take a minute to remember how bad the change was for us last time we switched suppliers. Easily worst jerseys in our history.

Oilers21.png

Please, lets not.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm still not overly happy about the change, but if they look like Del's pictures, then at least it could be worse. Those still are sexy jerseys, just a lot less sexy than our current setup. Since they're insisting on orange primary, then the navy works well with it.

Let's take a minute to remember how bad the change was for us last time we switched suppliers. Easily worst jerseys in our history.

Oilers21.png

I have one of those abominations...#89 Gagner one! :yo:

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
So my Mcdavid jersey ($240) and my wives orange ($140) won't even colour match the team on the ice. I refuse to buy another one. What an oiler move. Why cant we start tradition like the wings/ black hawks or bruins?

Its most likely a league move, not an Oilers move.

I'm still not overly happy about the change, but if they look like Del's pictures, then at least it could be worse. Those still are sexy jerseys, just a lot less sexy than our current setup. Since they're insisting on orange primary, then the navy works well with it.

Oilers21.png

They aren't changing suppliers, Its just under the Adidas brand now instead of Reebok.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The only real issue I have is the lack of a classic historical jersey.

Dunno might just be me.

But I like how the Habs have minimally changed over a century (a few missteps at first). Same with the RedWings.

I hate the teams that change every few years. Like it loses its grandeur. The kings are a mess.

:handclap:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Oilers21.png

Ugh, the pyjama top jerseys.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton

Oilers21.png

Yeah these were hideous.

I really like those mid 90 jerseys too. Navy and a little bit of orange. Right now its way too much orange.

My favorite era of jerseys will always be the 06 jerseys. Really gave off those "blue collar" vibes that reflects the city so well.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Its most likely a league move, not an Oilers move.

They aren't changing suppliers, Its just under the Adidas brand now instead of Reebok.

Yeah, but it's still a similar experience. No 3rds, lots of teams making a change at once, same as when we switched to Reebok. That's what I was getting at there.

Yeah these were hideous.

I really like those mid 90 jerseys too. Navy and a little bit of orange. Right now its way too much orange.

My favorite era of jerseys will always be the 06 jerseys. Really gave off those "blue collar" vibes that reflects the city so well.

I've always liked the core concept of the 06 jerseys, and the overall navy/copper idea, I've just always thought that every single one of the navy/copper jerseys would be improved by the removal of the red. I despise the red on those jerseys and I think it always looked out of place to the point of pretty much ruining the look.

Last edited:

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
Nice. I always thought the blue should be a shade darker as the royal blue suited the 80s more. The mock ups look real good.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Yeah, but it's still a similar experience. No 3rds, lots of teams making a change at once, same as when we switched to Reebok. That's what I was getting at there.

Its exactly the same experience. CCM was owned by Reebok when the last "switch" was made. I think Adidas owned them all already as well.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

Oilers21.png

Completely agreed those were the worst Oilers jerseys ever. AINEC

I don't know if this would ever happen, but I would like to see just the blue on the crest changed to Navy for the Orange/home jerseys and keep the royal blue for the rest of the jersey. I think that would really stand out.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Quite honestly the navy and copper jerseys should be nuked into orbit. Ugly ugly colours. Orange and blue are our team colours, not some drab and depressing mixture of vomit. You don't see any of the 06 teams moving away from their main colours because it is a classic, we shouldn't have ever moved away from the orange and blue. I love the orange jerseys so hopefully they don't darken the blue too much.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Quite honestly the navy and copper jerseys should be nuked into orbit. Ugly ugly colours. Orange and blue are our team colours, not some drab and depressing mixture of vomit. You don't see any of the 06 teams moving away from their main colours because it is a classic, we shouldn't have ever moved away from the orange and blue. I love the orange jerseys so hopefully they don't darken the blue too much.

Disagree. I, like you, prefer the Orange and Blue, but I like the '06 colours as well. Looks more like oil, but also more professional colours.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Disagree. I, like you, prefer the Orange and Blue, but I like the '06 colours as well. Looks more like oil, but also more professional colours.
Fully respect your opinion but I guess I was just never a fan, when people think of the Edmonton Oilers, they think of orange and blue. I'm not just saying this only because of history but rather that I fully believed we had the best mix of colours in the league. Many people agree with this sentiment. Even the orange jerseys, I hate that colour with every fibre in my body and I'm not trying to sound like a complete homer but the Oilers org just made it work. I will order the New Jersey when it comes out because I'm a sucker but I hope they don't **** with the blue too much.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I prefer tradition and the Oilers colours should be a royal blue jersey with orange accents. I hate the orange jerseys. They would be okay as a third jersey, but as the main, they a just ugly.

I might be able to live with the darker blue, but feel like it's change for change sake.

I'm guessing Katz's son prefers the darker blue :sarcasm:

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I prefer tradition and the Oilers colours should be a royal blue jersey with orange accents. I hate the orange jerseys. They would be okay as a third jersey, but as the main, they a just ugly.

I might be able to live with the darker blue, but feel like it's change for change sake.

I think after this next season we are able to get 3rd jerseys, so like that bang bang 2 years in a row Witt new or different jerseys. This is the new reality now considering we have McDavid on our team, l don't mind it too much though.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

Sales baby. Always Be Customizing.

I'm old school. Bring back the home whites. Classic blue away.

Don't like the orange. I agree the crest pops with the navy though.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I doubt the NHL said hey darken your blue.

Obviously not, but part of the new deal to switch from Reebok to Adidas jerseys probably require certain teams to make alterations to their jersey design. Just like when it switch from the CCM brand to the RBK brand all teams had to alter their jerseys to some degree. original 6 teams were effected the least, most other teams got a brand new design. That wasn't the teams saying, "oh hey RBK jerseys, lets change our design completely. It was part of the licensing agreement. Just like this time, all teams have to go down to 2 jerseys, home and away. I bet there are terms in the agreement that minor changes have to be made to certain jerseys.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Sales baby. Always Be Customizing.

I'm old school. Bring back the home whites. Classic blue away.

Don't like the orange. I agree the crest pops with the navy though.

that's funny, the orange is as old school as you can get.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Looking at getting a new Draisaitl jersey from Pro-AM Sports, my wife had them ship me one to Ontario a few Christmas's ago as a gift (McDavid-Orange) and its fantastic, however its a Reebok jersey. Is this a bad time to be getting a jersey considering the jersey rights change to Adidas and now this news with a new "colour" scheme?

All I am after is a ROAD "WHITE" Draisaitl jersey, and quite frankly don't care if it has a Adidas logo or Reebok logo on it. Semi-pro is fine for me too.

Any info greatly appreciated.....
Thanks

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Looking at getting a new Draisaitl jersey from Pro-AM Sports, my wife had them ship me one to Ontario a few Christmas's ago as a gift (McDavid-Orange) and its fantastic, however its a Reebok jersey. Is this a bad time to be getting a jersey considering the jersey rights change to Adidas and now this news with a new "colour" scheme?

All I am after is a ROAD "WHITE" Draisaitl jersey, and quite frankly don't care if it has a Adidas logo or Reebok logo on it. Semi-pro is fine for me too.

Any info greatly appreciated.....
Thanks

I dunno if they have said that the road white jersey will have the navy blue or not. My guess is that it would. So if you get a Reebok jersey it will most likely be "outdated" because the blue will be royal instead of navy.

Its up to you whether that matters or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->