Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Blackhawks 6:30 PM / SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I like that Yamamoto has earned top line duty. His defensive awareness for his age and size is nice to see.

Im shook for this game though, of we have those same defensive breakdowns like the past 4 games... issa wrap.
Yep ! Same goes for the next for two against Philly and the Pens. Any problems on the back end will be in the spotlight

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Malone as the 3rd line center? May god be with us.
I do like the top 2 lines though, Maroon needs to get his head out of his backside though. I thought Strome fit in well with Lucic and RNH albeit a small sample size.

In any event, this game feels like a surefire loss. Prove me wrong Oilers. If they get just one win no matter how flukey, I think this can turn around pretty fast as they can finally loosen up a bit so lets get 'er done tonight.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Malone as the 3rd line center? May god be with us.
I do like the top 2 lines though, Maroon needs to get his head out of his backside though. I thought Strome fit in well with Lucic and RNH albeit a small sample size.

In any event, this game feels like a surefire loss. Prove me wrong Oilers
Malone is probably a better fit than Letestu on the third line.

Letestu is the weirdest player like that. Good on special teams but 5v5 is a ghost.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Its too bad we have Woodcroft as our pp coach. Sign a guy like Av to only play Russel on the 2nd unit.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If it makes you feel any better outside of their first 2 games, Chicago has only scored 11 goals in 5 games. Just like us.
Allowed 3 less though.

We also apparently have the best shot differential in the league with a +11

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I almost wouldn't mind seeing Jokinen and Maroon swapping spots for this game. It might wake one or both of them up a bit.
Jussi also has a really smart passing game that might work well with Yamma and Connor.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers could use Pou on the PK or McDavid's LW right now

I have no idea why we bought out Pouliot this season. Give him one more year and if he can’t be traded next off season, buy him out. Now we have 4 years of dead cap space because of the buyout.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I have no idea why we bought out Pouliot this season. Give him one more year and if he can’t be traded next off season, buy him out. Now we have 4 years of dead cap space because of the buyout.
The whole taking stupid penalties was overblown. A lot of penalties he took, the refs was just calling anything.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Our lineup is atrocious. After McDavid we have literally nothing interesting up front. Outside of Larsson we have nothing reliable on the back end.

Somehow, this team is 6 or 7 good pieces away from having a roster that looks anything like a cup contender.

Reactions: OilCountry93

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
The whole taking stupid penalties was overblown. A lot of penalties he took, the refs was just calling anything.
hahahaha no way man, he was the worst for taking o-zone penalties. and I know its cause the refs hate French guys but still, it was his calling card.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Can’t imagine going 1-5 to start the season. We need this win pretty bad. We actually need a 4 game road sweep pretty bad.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We get a super inexperienced goalie? Please no Garret Sparks repeat, that's all I ask.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Should be able to light up Forsberg, whether Talbot continues to allow softies will be the difference.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Forsberg might not have good NHL numbers, but as a prospect he has very strong AHL numbers. It would be foolhardy to expect to be able to light him up.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Auvitu slams home a goal. Detractors be damned.
Strome gets another goal. Hot streak continues. Eberwho?
Yamamoto pots his 1st. f*** the WHL.
Jokinen gets a greasy goal. Finally some Finnish finish.
Russell gets another goal. Oilers extend him for 4 more years.
Slepyshev hits the bodies and scores the goal.

A goal for you.... a goal for you.... a goal for everybody!!!!!

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
I just want to see them take an early lead and protect it for five minutes and not take a penalty right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad