Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Blackhawks 6:30 PM / SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Chicago got worked over pretty good last night expecting them to come out strong, hopefully the Oilers can match their effort and cut out those brain farts (looking at you Klef). Hope Talbot has a big game tonight he needs to get on a roll for us.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Sounds like the same six defensemen as last game. Benning isn't ready yet.

Another healthy scratch for Khaira. Someone sure hit the doghouse fast after a promising preseason.

Sounds like another kid who forgot that making the team and staying on the team are two different things.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Another healthy scratch for Khaira. Someone sure hit the doghouse fast after a promising preseason.

Sounds like another kid who forgot that making the team and staying on the team are two different things.
Not sure what people see in jujar. Some actually thought vegas would waste a claim on him which is mind boggling to me. I like Pakarinens game more. He’s faster, has a better shot, better on the forecheck and can PK. Jujar is just a big slow guy who doesn’t have much for puck skills.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not sure what people see in jujar. Some actually thought vegas would waste a claim on him which is mind boggling to me. I like Pakarinens game more. He’s faster, has a better shot, better on the forecheck and can PK. Jujar is just a big slow guy who doesn’t have much for puck skills.
To be fair, Vegas took a worse player. I'm actually surprised they didn't take Pou

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I loved his preseason but as you say he has not brought it since. He should take a page out of Malone's book, bust your tail, get to the dirty areas and leave it all on the ice. If he could do that he could still be a solid 3rd liner IMO. Pakarinen has always been a favorite of Todd so Jujhar has to really give Todd a reason to play him ahead of Iiro.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He seems like a guy that needs to get his ass kicked on a semi-regular basis to get his best game, which looks bad on him considering he came into this season with 25 NHL games to his name.

He needs to play big and physical all the time, even last year I don't recall him playing that game up here. In the preseason he was banging bodies and playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Reinhart still has way more upside than Jujar. Reinhart looked good in the playoffs last year. We could really use him right now honestly.
Bottom pairing upside? Vegas went for a hockey name. Khaira actually has the potential to become a middle six player

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Knowing the Hawks, I have a feeling they'll take this lightly. Normally I'm somewhat conflicted when these two teams match up, but not tonight. Oil definitely need this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad