Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Blackhawks 6:30 PM / SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Time for Auvitu to put a stamp on this game. If he wants to be a NHLer he needs to make the most of this upcoming stretch of games.

I'd like him to make the most of it too, but in all honesty it'd be a shock to me if he did. He looks like a poor man's Philip Larsen, which says it all about what I think of his NHL potential.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd like him to make the most of it too, but in all honesty it'd be a shock to me if he did. He looks like a poor man's Philip Larsen, which says it all about what I think of his NHL potential.

Agreed, he needs to bring a lot more than he has to date. I suspect that when Sekera returns that Gryba will stay and that Auvitu will be waived.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He's really turned the corner if he only has 2 PIMs 7 games in.

Yup, what are the odds that it was an offensive zone penalty? We could use his dumb penalty taking right about now to add to our other stupid penalties!

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Bottom pairing upside? Vegas went for a hockey name. Khaira actually has the potential to become a middle six player
I don’t see that at all. I see 4th line wing upside at best. Reinhart could still be a 4-5 D man. Even if he only amounts to a 6 that’s still valuable than Khaira’s ceiling IMO.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
That's pretty funny. 7gp. 0-1-1 -1 2pim. so far this season.
I still think Pou and Yak had the best chemistry with McDavid. Mclellan obviously didn't like either of them to give them more than 10 games with McDavid

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Hopefully I won't feel like Morty after this game.

iV7Y_d.gif

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure what people see in jujar. Some actually thought vegas would waste a claim on him which is mind boggling to me. I like Pakarinens game more. He’s faster, has a better shot, better on the forecheck and can PK. Jujar is just a big slow guy who doesn’t have much for puck skills.
Hell, I think Malone looks better than khaira, and it's not even remotely close

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Another healthy scratch for Khaira. Someone sure hit the doghouse fast after a promising preseason.

Sounds like another kid who forgot that making the team and staying on the team are two different things.
I'm thoroughly disappointed in Khaira. After showing well in pre-season games, he has pulled an invisible man routine and completely disappeared. Is there an NHL player in there? Have to wonder at the kid's desire, because he looks like someone who doesn't appear all that committed to playing a hard skating, hard forechecking, physical style that he needs to in order to be effective and useful in the lineup.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not sure what to make of this game. Hawks have had some of their worst efforts against the Oilers. No idea what they bring tonight. I think the Oilers actually have more of a problem against middling teams that get up for playing them. The Hawks won't be feeling they need to get up for the Oilers. Will the Oilers take advantage of that?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm thoroughly disappointed in Khaira. After showing well in pre-season games, he has pulled an invisible man routine and completely disappeared. Is there an NHL player in there? Have to wonder at the kid's desire, because he looks like someone who doesn't appear all that committed to playing a hard skating, hard forechecking, physical style that he needs to in order to be effective and useful in the lineup.
He never really had much more potential than 4th line. A lot had to go right for him to be better than that. Looking good in pre-season really means nothing either. Now that things are real he needs to step up. If he played his best in pre-season and there is no next step he won't be here long

When you are on that 4th line and there are guys knocking on the door you need to make sure when you play you do enough to play again.

Look at Kassian, what did he end up with for playing time last game? He's twice the player Khaira is.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
He never really had much more potential than 4th line. A lot had to go right for him to be better than that. Looking good in pre-season really means nothing either. Now that things are real he needs to step up. If he played his best in pre-season and there is no next step he won't be here long

When you are on that 4th line and there are guys knocking on the door you need to make sure when you play you do enough to play again.

Look at Kassian, what did he end up with for playing time last game? He's twice the player Khaira is.
Well he's clearly not doing enough of whatever it is Mclellan is wanting, either in games or in practice, because he's enjoying the pressbox view once more as Digger pointed out. I think at best he might be a decent 3rd line player, a very good 4th liner barring that. But once again, consistency and commitment issues plague a young player's game, on the way to the NHL graveyard of abandoned careers.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I actually have a good feeling about tonight.

Which is good cause I had bad feelings the last 4 games haha

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well he's clearly not doing enough of whatever it is Mclellan is wanting, either in games or in practice, because he's enjoying the pressbox view once more as Digger pointed out. I think at best he might be a decent 3rd line player, a very good 4th liner barring that. But once again, consistency and commitment issues plague a young player's game, on the way to the NHL graveyard of abandoned careers.
You just need to do something when you are in that role. The other thing is it isn't going to get any easier. Drake and LD could be back soon make it even harder for him to crack the lineup

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Sounds like the same six defensemen as last game. Benning isn't ready yet.

I like that Yamamoto has earned top line duty. His defensive awareness for his age and size is nice to see.

Im shook for this game though, of we have those same defensive breakdowns like the past 4 games... issa wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad