News Article: Oilers at World Championships(McDavid, Hall, Draisaitl, Talbot, Maroon, Yak, Hendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I've always enjoyed the WHC. Any time guys are representing our country I watch it (WHC, WJ's, U-18s, Olympics, Hlinka Memorial when I can find a stream). And I know the World Cup gets a lot of hate, but I bet it will be some damn good hockey.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd be surprised if RNH gets an invite. They must have better options down the middle.

RNH was invited last year and couldn't go due to being dinged up if I recall correctly. Depends on who gets invited and who turns down Hockey Canada, but I think he'll be invited, since he's in the running for the North America team.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Good for Maroon.. have to think Hendricks would go for USA to considering he was captain last year, right?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
RNH declining to go kind of rubs me the wrong way. Especially when he should be doing everything in his power to make the World Cup team.

Recent concussion + broken hand. Not unreasonable for him to decline given his specific circumstance.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hope Patty plays well for the Yanks (not against Canada though :))

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I have no problem with RNH turning it down. He's had a pretty rough season with the flu, his broken hand, and the concussion. I'd rather him take a bit of time off to recover and get into the gym to keep adding to his frame. I thought he looked noticeably stronger at the start of the season after taking the summer off last year from the Worlds, and would hope he can keep adding to that this summer.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Can't blame Nuge. He took another beating this year. And he is still working hard on putting more meat on his bones to be a more effective NHLer. I hope he can work on being more explosive this summer, putting on mass has really killed his first step. Would be awesome if he could get that back.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
The other people I care about going to the WC this year are those awesome announcers from last year. Bring those guys back, they are the true stars.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
RNH declining to go kind of rubs me the wrong way. Especially when he should be doing everything in his power to make the World Cup team.

why should be be doing everything in his power to play in a meaningless tournament? especially for a "made up" team that doesn't actually represent anything, or anybody? the U23 team is a marketing ploy, and a farce

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nuge is probably hurt. I think he pushed himself to come back for the Rexall closing ceremonies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
why should be be doing everything in his power to play in a meaningless tournament? especially for a "made up" team that doesn't actually represent anything, or anybody? the U23 team is a marketing ploy, and a farce

Completely agree. Rather him be rested and ready to go for next season.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Fingers crossed for all of them. I might watch some games, maybe PVR them. Makes complete sense that RNH isn't going.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Completely agree. Rather him be rested and ready to go for next season.

His new team will appreciate that.

Honestly, I'm still kind of mad at the World Championships. Last year they convinced me Lander had 2nd line center potential and that Eberle cared about back checking.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

He shouldn't be putting himself at risk by going after the last couple of injuries, he need's the rest and time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad