hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
fat-bastard-gold-member.gif

Live look at the Jets core never taking responsibility

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm okay with that. As long as this team has some sort of game plan and direction, I'm on board.

At least there will be hope for a better future potentially. This team is done as is. Time to move on. I was really hopeful after the new year, but it is the same show since 2019. Funny how this team played better when it was missing its stars early. Hmm?

Sure but that doesn't mean I'll be interested in watching game to game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This team just can't seem to get it into its head that it isn't nearly skilled enough to not be dialed in and play the system to the T.

Once again the Moose completely school the Jets in terms of adherence to a game plan and execution despite not having the same talent.

I'm starting to wonder of some of these players are coachable.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Agreed. There’s a multitude of fools in the illegal curve post game show chat Blaming Chevy for everything for not making big moves. It’s funny because when the Jets were 17 games about 500 I don’t remember anyone blaming Chevy for anything.
I think most people thought we needed better depth for a while, going back to November/december when we had all those injuries there was a debates over trying to add for help now or riding it out accruing the most cap space we could to make moves easier at the deadline, we waited it out and got in a stretch of poor play, I don't think anyone expected to trade a 1st for a rental but were ok if it was for someone with term that could help for more then just this year, I would have been fine if we just added one more middle six forward like a bjustad for a 3rd would have been a good fit. I think the frustrating thing is we've had a weak bottom six last season didn't address it in the off season didn't address it when we had all the injuries and didn't address it at the deadline after accruing all the space. sometimes when your team is struggling you got to be proactive and try to fix it instead of hoping it fixes itself

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Well, they are losing my interest now as we speak.

I get it. I'm just not interested in watching a lot of losing whether it's a failing core now or a rebuilding group of rapscallions.

Reactions: JonS

Yogi141

Feb 24, 2018
Anyone upset that Chevy didn't do anything should hopefully have change of mind seeing tonight (and honestly before then, but whatever).

Glad we kept the first round pick and didn't sell the farm. This team is headed for a rebuild and we need all the help we can.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, I'm sorry, you're fooling yourself.
I was waiting for this. If we had won, someone was going to post "see, we didn't need any additional players" and if we lost, they were going to post "good thing we didn't waste any picks to get players for this tire fire". I still believe there was a chance a week or so ago to try to pick up a couple of difference makers, and they might have influenced the outcome of this game. I also believe that there was a natural letdown from the players that Chevy didn't do more. I know there was on my part!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think most people thought we needed better depth for a while, going back to November/december when we had all those injuries there was a debates over trying to add for help now or riding it out accruing the most cap space we could to make moves easier at the deadline, we waited it out and got in a stretch of poor play, I don't think anyone expected to trade a 1st for a rental but were ok if it was for someone with term that could help for more then just this year, I would have been fine if we just added one more middle six forward like a bjustad for a 3rd would have been a good fit. I think the frustrating thing is we've had a weak bottom six last season didn't address it in the off season didn't address it when we had all the injuries and didn't address it at the deadline after accruing all the space. sometimes when your team is struggling you got to be proactive and try to fix it instead of hoping it fixes itself

If you asked me in January if I'd have been happy with this deadline I'd have said yes. The way they've played lately - I'm not sure it was a BAD deadline necessarily but it doesn't seem like enough.

I think the team needs a mental reset more than a bunch of new players, though.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
If you asked me in January if I'd have been happy with this deadline I'd have said yes. The way they've played lately - I'm not sure it was a BAD deadline necessarily but it doesn't seem like enough.

I like the nino pickup and am ok with namestnikov but felt we needed at least 1 more middle six forward and think we needed to do something earlier

Reactions: Jack7222

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well I like the new guy. Niedrreiter has some chops. Think that will turn out to be a nice acquisition.

I liked Morgan Barron's game, he's up for these kind of games.

I don't really want to get into who played badly tonight, because some of the breakdowns were uncharacteristic. Some of it was not enough talent to match their opponent. Some of it was characteristic of the team's recent slide, skilled players making bad puck decisions.

Sure hope we get somebody into the top 6, either Dubois or Namestnikov next game, and get Barron and Lowry back together.

If this game was supposed to punish Dylan Samberg for losing an edge to cost the Kings game, I think coach got it wrong. You have to be able to skate with the Oil.

My biggest concern would be how the team gets out of their funk. A team that is winning is usually all smiles, and there isn't any tensions, but with the mounting losses, who's going to lead the team out of this slump? When your PK has as many shots as your team 5 on 5 in the 1st, there's some structural deficiencies too that the coaches are going to have to address.

On the Edmonton side I think they are going to like Ekholm.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Well I like the new guy. Niedrreiter has some chops. Think that will turn out to be a nice acquisition.

I liked Morgan Barron's game, he's up for these kind of games.

I don't really want to get into who played badly tonight, because some of the breakdowns were uncharacteristic. Some of it was not enough talent to match their opponent. Some of it was characteristic of the team's recent slide, skilled players making bad puck decisions.

Sure hope we get somebody into the top 6, either Dubois or Namestnikov next game, and get Barron and Lowry back together.

If this game was supposed to punish Dylan Samberg for losing an edge to cost the Kings game, I think coach got it wrong. You have to be able to skate with the Oil.

My biggest concern would be how the team gets out of their funk. A team that is winning is usually all smiles, and there isn't any tensions, but with the mounting losses, who's going to lead the team out of this slump? When your PK has as many shots as your team 5 on 5 in the 1st, there's some structural deficiencies too that the coaches are going to have to address.
if I had to guess it would be more that he thinks stanley is good on the pk and oilers have the best pp in the league

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

I'm going to reiterate what @Jet has said in the past -- this team is not a horrible team finally getting unlucky, this is a good team playing bad in no small part because they have absolutely beaten themselves up psychologically.

Another lesson I learned in poker: I can rant and rave all I want about how 'mojo' and 'the zone' aren't real things, but if my team believes them to be true, and most of all their OPPONENTS believe them to be true, then results like this are still coming.

In that vein, I'm glad Bones lost his shit a bit. I don't want him to pull a Berube -- like in any way, because Berube is an anachronistic cockroach, and if Bones is a dinosaur, Berube is a trilobyte. Scheifele telling his teammates to wake up. That's good too.

This team is still a healthy favorite to make the playoffs, that's not my concern. But it would be nice if they snapped out of this, by hook and/or by crook.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
This team just can't seem to get it into its head that it isn't nearly skilled enough to not be dialed in and play the system to the T.

Once again the Moose completely school the Jets in terms of adherence to a game plan and execution despite not having the same talent.

There was a game when Ehlers just got back and ESW lit it up for the first period... I think it was Wheelers multipoint game actually

ESW made a wicked tic tac toe scoring play and then just overpassed and watched their brilliance... well kind of since then - at least Ehlers tries sometimes - Scheif/Wheeler just padding stats

Scheif is playing for his hockey card - strip the A from him

Reactions: hn777

kellhunter

Jun 29, 2017

I always thought most of the Jets players were intelligent, well-spoken individuals, but they sure do seem to be hockey dumb.

Reactions: hockeyarena

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Well, I stayed awake for the whole game and what was my reward (other than reading the wit of the fine folks on HFJets)? Exactly! Had to take my car in to get looked at so I was late visiting my mother. I thought I would stay and watch the game with her, but she was already in bed. "I already know the outcome of the game," she said. I guess I should have taken her advice... I give this game two lazy-assed efforts out of five, as at least some of the guys tried...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the second of the back-to-back, home-and-home games against Edmonton has been posted. Make sure you get your guesses in. Remember to put who you think will win, what the final score will be and who will score the first goal. And don't forget to sign up to make a GDT like @Zhamnov5GoalGame did for the last game. It was a "Great One"... I know, I know, but...

1c58b16f28ed7c90e2bafb8836a5401a.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
My last piece of advice to my fellow social club members: before you go to bed, find a truly beautiful piece of music, and listen to it while you watch the Jets highl.. err, "lowlights" tonight. I mean truly beautiful. I saw a Shawshank meme earlier in the GDT, so pick something like that opera piece that Andy Dufresne loved so much that he ate that time in the hole without a second thought.

If you need a cue, I recommend this absolutely beautiful soulful cover of one of the most profoundly important songs in USA American history. Yes, yes, who knew that us Canadian kids's song about "my eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school" actually had meaning elsewhere? :P

Peace out, friends, until we beat ourselves up tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad