Post-Game Talk: Oilers 6 - Jets 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What I find the most annoying, even more annoying than the Jets play and the result is the fans that were raging yesterday before the game that the Jets didn't make a big move and then were raging after the game.

If the Jets had done what they wanted then things would be even worse after that game. Imagine having a game like that and the worst record in the league since Jan 16th and not even having a 1st round pick to look forward to!

Personally I feel this group is living up to what I've felt about them since around the allstar break. They are nothing special, even if they make the playoffs they have to rely on Helle going super-saiyan for any success. I had accepted that reality a while ago so these losses are not hitting me as hard as they are to some others.

Reactions: GNP and rehf

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Wheeler lately might be the worst player in the nhl. It’s like he’s playing with a two by four instead of a stick. Get him off the ice or at least get him off the power play. The game slows down when he has the puck. In some sports that’s good. Not in hockey. Jets need something to break the slump and whatever is happening in their heads. Bench or healthy scratch a few of the top six - cause they aren’t doing anything.
And if Stanley wants out of Winnipeg then ship him out asap. Softest 6 foot 7 player ever.
Rant over.
The fact they feel they have to play Wheeler in the top 6 and on the pp is frankly sad.

Reactions: slurpee addict

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That surgery has really hurt him and he's not that great of a player without his speed. He needs to get some of it back or adapt his game.

The game as a whole was awful. A couple goals in garbage time doesn't do anything. I don't know about this team right now, just do much wrong with it.

I make it 23 games now, and counting. Underlying stats be damned. Score effects lead to us having a decent 3rd period and also affected our underlying stats for that game. There were others with the same effect in those 23 games.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Team is playing a lot like they did under Lowry last year. Pretty sad!!! Looking like a smart hedged bet by Chevy to not dangle his 1st rounder in any trade talks.
Generally I agree with your post, although if you could have got a presigned (6yr) Timo Meier, then yes, you give up your first draft pick. Other than that, I'm fine with standing pat, as there needs to be some major changes in this team.

Reactions: Thechozen1

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I make it 23 games now, and counting. Underlying stats be damned. Score effects lead to us having a decent 3rd period and also affected our underlying stats for that game. There were others with the same effect in those 23 games.
Funny how that doesn't apply when the Jets are winning but the numbers don't support it.

I love it when people expose how bad advanced stats are in the hands of fans.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I dont think they will have to once we get healthy. Unfortunately having 80 and 91 out we don't have many options
As for # 91, I'm not sold on his durability. He's very small, and will continually be injured from what I see. He's a little on the slower side, but has good enough speed, and is a very slick and smart playmaker. Sort of divided on this guy, but right now, I don't think his body is made for the physical nature of the NHL. I hope he does work out tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ggg99

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
As for # 91, I'm not sold on his durability. He's very small, and will continually be injured from what I see. He's a little on the slower side, but has good enough speed, and is a very slick and smart playmaker. Sort of divided on this guy, but I right now, I don't think his body is made for the physical nature of the NHL. I hope he does work out tho.
I think Perfetti just has to survive until he builds some man strength. I wish St. Louis wasn't coaching the Habs so we could hire him to turn 91 into a tank.

• Haha
Reactions: Ggg99 and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't know why the Jets are not playing AJF ( Axel) more ? The guy is very fast, always hustles, and has a very good wrist shot. He had 2 points against the Oilers ( 1 goal/ 1 assist) I've seen this guy score a couple of beauties this year, and just slightly miss over the top bar on a couple of other chances. The Jets need guys like this that can inspire other players to work hard. Axel has had a reputation of not being able to score, but I think he has the shot, and just needs to build confidence.
Guys that can't score are Lowry, Kuhlman and Melalainen.

The Jets should always be playing Axel right now, and not risk losing him on waivers. This guy could become a "very solid" player for the Jets, and I can't understand why the coaches cannot see this. "Play the guy."

There are too many deadbeat "floaters" on this Jets team, and it really showed against the Oilers, who should have at least 4 more goals, that hit pipe.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
How many of the top six wanna hang around for a rebuild!?
Lets flip that... how many of the top six do we want here for a rebuild...

Right now id say connor and niedereitter... 😬

Unfortunately, the time to clean house was after last season.
You mean after the blues series...

This teams problem is that scheif thinks hes anze kopitar and hes not. It sure looks like he stops listening halfway thru the season when the coach says something he doesnt like... but tnse will sign him fir 10.5m because hes our face

Reactions: GNP and Bigfish

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Lets flip that... how many of the top six do we want here for a rebuild...

Right now id say connor and niedereitter... 😬

You mean after the blues series...

This teams problem is that scheif thinks he's anze kopitar and hes not. It sure looks like he stops listening halfway thru the season when the coach says something he doesnt like... but tnse will sign him fir 10.5m because hes our face
The decision on what do to on Sheifele's next contract will dramatically determine how the Jets do over the next 6 years. If he's not leading the club, right now with dominating play ( and he's not) you trade him off for future draft picks, which is what I would do. If you get into him for a "heavy contract" that likely will be a very big mistake. He tuned out Maurice, and now Bowness, and it's apparent he doesn't want to put the effort in to be a leader and star in the NHL. I'd let him go for a boatload of picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad