Post-Game Talk: OIlers 4 Panthers 2

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, is McLellan actually comprehending what is happening with Nuge on the wing? Or is he going to eventually just discard it and never try it again if he's still the coach next season?

I hope Chia is seeing it. We already have a good LW for McDavid. One that can play C if McDavid or Drai get hurt. There is very good value in that.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Man I hope not. Only the Oil can suck all year and then cost themselves a good pick in a strong draft
I know we want a great pick but we don't deserve it. We are not a bottom 5 team, so we should not have a bottom 5 pick. We're probably not a bottom 10 team either. We're a team that was handicapped by some weird injury issues and some unsustainable problems with special teams. Just look at the other teams around us in the standings and you can see that they need the help more and that the draft was made to help those teams more.

There are also benefits to winning games, especially when it comes to trades and signings. That should be our focus anyway.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
it's crazy that the Panthers are in the race for the playoffs, while we are considered a league joke, and the Panthers only have 4 more wins than we do.

They don't have a guy like McDavid on their team

lets face facts--when you have a guy like McDavid and you were out of the playoff hunt in December? your team gets abused

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Rattie can play love that Right shot RW with McDavid Rattie had 6 shots on goal 7 if you want to count that crossbar. He is getting himself in right position to shoot

Was out with my daughter just got home. Safe to say rattie played well?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

I had to drop my daughter off at the airport so I couldn't watch it either, but looking at the stats sheet (1-1-2, 6 shots on goal in just over 15 minutes icetime) would indicate that at minimum he was involved in the play and didn't waste the opportunity he was given. He'll for sure get at least one more game on that line.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006

Defintely. 6 shots. An empty net goal. 2 points. +3.

More in one game than Aberg has done in 2 weeks worth with 97 and 93.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Talbot other than the brutal read trying to clear the puck had a good game.
ACTUALLY>>>>THE REAL STORY BEHIND THAT GOAL~!

The play was at the other end and this drunk guy in green stands up and yells "TALBOT YOU SUCK" >>>AND CAM LOOKED OVER AND THE CROWD GAVE THE OL CHEER LETTING HIM KNOW WE KNOW THAT HE KNOWS THAT WE KNOW HE HEARD IT!!~!

Totally got in his head cuz a few seconds later...!

For anyone at the game in section 116, I was the guy in the Bure jersey that ran down to the second row and bought he and his friend their beers for the assist LMAO

My post letting you guys know the truth on the first goal. Cam made the biggest mistake a pro athlete can make - paying attention to the crowd during the game LOL

He and Lu put on a show from there on out, was a pleasure to see live. And that turn around McDavid goal right in front of me. Kid sucks like Primus. I'll never miss a game he plays in the same town I'm in again. What sense he shows.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So, is McLellan actually comprehending what is happening with Nuge on the wing? Or is he going to eventually just discard it and never try it again if he's still the coach next season?

I hope Chia is seeing it. We already have a good LW for McDavid. One that can play C if McDavid or Drai get hurt. There is very good value in that.

Yeah, there's no real need to trade Nuge at all. A center that can play at wing is still much more versatile than a simple winger. But knowing McLellan, he'll straddle Draisaitl with McDavid next season if he's still here as the coach. McLellan deserves a ton of criticisms with the way he has handle lines this season. How it took him this long to play Nuge on Connor's line is just one of the many reasons why I have no issues with him getting fired.

Reactions: ujju2 and oobga

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone know what 93 and 97 puts/60 5x5 since they have been put on a line together? Or at least where I could look that up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Man I hope not. Only the Oil can suck all year and then cost themselves a good pick in a strong draft

I think it might be better for the psyche of guys like RNH and Klefbom, guys that have been through the fan base screaming for a tank.

Get as many points as possible and finish as high as we can, IMO.

Reactions: ujju2

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Rattie showed if nothing else that he can play with McDavid. Got himself open, shot when he had a shot, and dished it back to Connor or Nuge to carry when he didn’t. Perfect.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think it might be better for the psyche of guys like RNH and Klefbom, guys that have been through the fan base screaming for a tank.

Get as many points as possible and finish as high as we can, IMO.

I wonder how the damn team would've looked, if the goaltending and PK early on was like this currently. Funny how once Letestu aka another McLellan's favorite got traded, the PK improved. Not harping on Letestu, but he struggled massively as an individual on the PK. McLellan just loves playing his favorites, even if they're struggling. What a clown.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yeah, there's no real need to trade Nuge at all. A center that can play at wing is still much more versatile than a simple winger. But knowing McLellan, he'll straddle Draisaitl with McDavid next season if he's still here as the coach. McLellan deserves a ton of criticisms with the way he has handle lines this season. How it took him this long to play Nuge on Connor's line is just one of the many reasons why I have no issues with him getting fired.

Yeah, I just have so little faith that McLellan is able to understand what he has with his players.

IMO, Nuge is closer to an ideal winger for McDavid than even a guy like Hoffman. McDavid is all about creating high percentage scoring chances. He needs his wingers to be fast and play smart, knowing when to get open. Most of the time, just having an accurate shot and a quick release is enough, you don't necessarily need to be doing full wind up blasts. And a guy like Nuge on the wing is going to be helping McDavid in all 3 zones, not just the offensive zone.

I actually think a guy like Hoffman would be a disappointment with McDavid, because he just shoots from everywhere, and his shot is not actually that accurate. He's not a sniper like a Kessel that can pick corners on you or get the perfect shot just above your pad from far away. It can kill plays long before McDavid gets an opportunity to create something better in close.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah, I just have so little faith that McLellan is able to understand what he has with his players.

IMO, Nuge is closer to an ideal winger for McDavid than even a guy like Hoffman. McDavid is all about creating high percentage scoring chances. He needs his wingers to be fast and play smart, knowing when to get open. Most of the time, just having an accurate shot and a quick release is enough, you don't necessarily need to be doing full wind up blasts. And a guy like Nuge on the wing is going to be helping McDavid in all 3 zones, not just the offensive zone.

As much as I like Hoffman, I wouldn't even trade Nuge for him whatsoever. Chiarelli on the otherhand..? Who knows.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I cant wait until we get to see a top line of Rnh - McDavid - Puljujarvi.

Although I might have to wait for a new coach to show up to try that, cause some how aberg and rattie deserve that spot more, although I do think rattie had a solid game today.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
As much as I like Hoffman, I wouldn't even trade Nuge for him whatsoever. Chiarelli on the otherhand..? Who knows.
We're more likely to get Ceci back if we trade RNH to ottawa than actually getting hoffman, unfortunately.

Chia should not be allowed to move RNH or Klefbom.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I never minded that Rattie was getting a look with Mcdavid the last game I watched where he played he looked a lot more capable than f***ing Lucic or Aberg imo. The complaint I have is put JP with Drai already remove your ego from the equation Mclellan or keep being a loser and if you are here to start next year there will eventually be a loud group of people at games booing his ass hopefully.

Only the Oilers can have fans calling for lines months upon months before they actually happen and when they do we look like geniuses and the coach looks like a complete hack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad