Post-Game Talk: OIlers 4 Panthers 2

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I went onto nhl.com and according to their breakdown for the box scores Draisaitl was the only one to assist on Nuge's goal.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
We're within a point of CHI now, thats a bit of a shock to me, I knew they slipped this season, but did not realize they went down that hard

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We might actually vault out of the bottom 10 teams. If only we had found our groove earlier in the season

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lots of positives today.

Talbot other than the brutal read trying to clear the puck had a good game.

Slepy really had his best game of the year and should have scored. Threw some ugly in his game punching Trocheck, and really belting guys out there. Good things happen for Slepy when he plays this game but of note how MUCH he wants to be playing with Draisaitl. Let these two play together, please.

Larsson/Nurse back to ugly physical play and just punishing guys out there.

Bear continuing to show premium offensive flourish. Man, this guy could be a ringer.

Rattie showing his game more today. Strong outing from the kid. Brutal to have a first goal called and then lose it. Kudos to McD to realizing kid needs a goal. haha

Nuge playing such smart hockey on the wing. I swear he knows where the puck is going before the puck does. Could have scored 3 tonight. He's really on.

Strong game by Mcd, obviously.

Khaira being a boss, nuff said.

Drai strong, but quieter effort. Setup countless grade A feeds on hard to make plays. The telecast hardly even discerns these. The last quality play he made was forcing Luongo turnover when he was straight out of the box and then setting up an Oiler right in the slot. Leon setup guys with solid chances around 8 times tonight. I do like that Leon looked after business after the brutal leg take down attempt. One of the dirtiest plays in hockey. Love that Leon gave the f***er ALL the lumber. You know the team wanted to kill that one off.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it's crazy that the Panthers are in the race for the playoffs, while we are considered a league joke, and the Panthers only have 4 more wins than we do.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
it's crazy that the Panthers are in the race for the playoffs, while we are considered a league joke, and the Panthers only have 4 more wins than we do.

EC is EC. The Oilers would have 10 more pts if we played in the East. A dozen WC clubs would be good enough to make the playoffs if they were in the EC.

What a cheap ass dirty game from the Panthers. Laughably stupid that they would poke the Oilers with that shit. If anything the Panthers trying to punk the Oilers just ensured one of our better response games of the season.

If the Oilers played these punks 5 times a year I could almost dislike them as much as the Flames.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
EC is EC. The Oilers would have 10 more pts if we played in the East. A dozen WC clubs would be good enough to make the playoffs if they were in the EC.

What a cheap ass dirty game from the Panthers. Laughably stupid that they would poke the Oilers with that ****. If anything the Panthers trying to punk the Oilers just ensured one of our better response games of the season.

If the Oilers played these punks 5 times a year I could almost dislike them as much as the Flames.
Yeah, they're definitely not a likeable bunch with Trocheck and Haley. If Talbot played like this earlier in the year, we'd be a playoff bubble team at the very least.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

We let so many games just run away from us early on this year. Just no way to turn some of those losses into OTL's or a shot to win in OT/SO.

Hard to recover from such a bad start, especially when every time this team seemed to get some traction, it would just instantly be killed by some brutal goaltending and PKing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad