Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Kings 1

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Not sure if you saw it, but McDavid also knocked him down and took the puck just after that and set Eberle up for a goal he should have scored. Its probably in the condensed game highlights from tonight. Leon and Connor both making Doughty their *****.

My *****, you gonna always be my *****.

Reminded me of a song. Can't embed because of language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL_8p1HAsXk

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Not sure if you saw it, but McDavid also knocked him down and took the puck just after that and set Eberle up for a goal he should have scored. Its probably in the condensed game highlights from tonight. Leon and Connor both making Doughty their *****.

If by knocked him down you mean "Knocked him down" then sure.

That was a slight push on the back.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If by knocked him down you mean "Knocked him down" then sure.

That was a slight push on the back.

Lol I didn't mean it like McDavid manhandled him the same way Drai did, just that he got burned twice by our 2 young studs while he had the puck, both times being pushed off the puck and having it stolen leading to a high quality scoring chance. Just feels good watching them do that to one of the best D in the league, especially after how much he's made this team's past "stars" his *****.

My *****, you gonna always be my *****.

Reminded me of a song. Can't embed because of language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL_8p1HAsXk

Lol. I hope Connor and Drai make Doughty and the rest of the California teams their ***** for years to come. Doughty can sign here anytime if he gets tired of being their ***** ;)

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Couldn't watch tonight but sounds like it was an impressive performance. Physically dominate LA? What nutty fantasyland is this??

And without Sekera!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Couldn't watch tonight but sounds like it was an impressive performance. Physically dominate LA? What nutty fantasyland is this??

And without Sekera!

I don't think they physically dominated at least in terms of hits as it was even in that regard (I believe LA leads the league in hits). But EDM's size that PC brought in really, really helped. With their size and speed they no longer get pushed around and do push back. If this team shows up and is working hard, they are very tough to play against. :handclap:

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'm so glad Poolparty + Cagg are playing their way out of the "3rd period doghouse." To have that line out there defending a 2-1 lead with 3 minutes remaining is great to see as well as that line having more toi then the 4th line. I know TMac gets harped on a lot for his overuse of vets but hopefully this is a sign for things to change as this was a big confidence booster for both the players and the coach in this scenario.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think they physically dominated at least in terms of hits as it was even in that regard (I believe LA leads the league in hits). But EDM's size that PC brought in really, really helped. With their size and speed they no longer get pushed around and do push back. If this team shows up and is working hard, they are very tough to play against. :handclap:

In my posts when I spoke of physically dominating I was speaking in terms of hits numbers, I was speaking in terms of winning puck battles, separating players from pucks, and cycling on them. We had a much more successful cycle game today than they did as they really didn't have an answer for it and our D were pinching very well to help. Meanwhile their cycle really struggled to get going because we did a good job either shutting it down, or preventing it from even starting.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Was Sutter practicing for an eventual post-Kings position with the Oilers? Seemed like he went out of his way to compliment the Oilers in his post-game interview.

With Bob Nicholson anything is possible. :laugh:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Was Sutter practicing for an eventual post-Kings position with the Oilers? Seemed like he went out of his way to compliment the Oilers in his post-game interview.

With Bob Nicholson anything is possible. :laugh:
That was interesting! I think that the Oilers played a game that Sutter can really appreciate.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Didn't watch the game but sounds like a great win. Really important win nonetheless. What's encouraging is that it seems like Drai puts in another gear when he goes up against the tough WC teams like Chicago, LA etc. Seems to really thrive against the likes of Toews, Kopitar and Doughty. This team as a whole seems to like and be built for those games now, which is very refreshing to see.

Sharks, Oilers and Ducks are the three top teams in the Pacific. I think that's how it's going to be for the remainder of the season and perhaps seasons ahead. Don't see Calgary or LA as a real threat. This team is better than both of them. When was the last time you could say that the Oilers were a legit top3 team in the Pacific division? It's a great but very odd and foreign feeling :laugh:

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
I actually believe we will make the playoffs. WOW.
We were missing 3 very important players as well. I said at first of year the following and I stick by it: playoffs this year, Western conference finals next, and Stanley the next year. Thanks Pete. We are fun to watch.

If a GM makes 10 trades and wins 7 of them, I'll take that. I often get this BS question "How could you trade Larsson for Hall? He will never replace Hall"

Well, he has and big time. I am happy if Larsson don't get over 5 goals. As long as he keeps them out, and he is doing a fine job of that. Hall is hurt once again. Do I miss Hall? I sure do, but something had to give. Look at our team now. Very big mean team down low in the cycle. Puju looked great last night.

Another question. Travelling from NS to Disney in February. While there going to both Oiler games (TB & FLA) . I have my McJesus sweater, but what other one should I wear. I should get a Larsson one

Rejoice Oiler fans!!!!Rejoice

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
what a great post game thread. almost no bashing of Eberle.
which is good, as there is no reason to.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
That's a goal that Benning will never forget or should I say, never remember. How can Quinn possibly get those two mixed up lol.

Huge win. It seems like the Oilers were full marks for the win. I love that the team is winning largely without a big offensive contribution from McDavid which is a great sign going forward and wiinning without Sekera tonight.
Drai was a beast on that last sequence completely clowning Doughty.

Now all we need is Brodin to do Doughty what Josi did to Karlsson during a game, and we are complete. (Brodin because I believe he has a lot of hidden potential, and he's best buds with Klefbom).

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
2lazeo0.jpg

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Didn't watch the game but sounds like a great win. Really important win nonetheless. What's encouraging is that it seems like Drai puts in another gear when he goes up against the tough WC teams like Chicago, LA etc. Seems to really thrive against the likes of Toews, Kopitar and Doughty. This team as a whole seems to like and be built for those games now, which is very refreshing to see.

Sharks, Oilers and Ducks are the three top teams in the Pacific. I think that's how it's going to be for the remainder of the season and perhaps seasons ahead. Don't see Calgary or LA as a real threat. This team is better than both of them. When was the last time you could say that the Oilers were a legit top3 team in the Pacific division? It's a great but very odd and foreign feeling :laugh:

Calgary's next six games are against teams that they usually do well against and are doing terrible this year, so hopefully Calgary plays as hard and doesn't get bad luck against those teams. I want to see a Battle of Alberta in the playoffs.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Another question. Travelling from NS to Disney in February. While there going to both Oiler games (TB & FLA) . I have my McJesus sweater, but what other one should I wear. I should get a Larsson one

Just wear one, they take up too much suitcase room to take two.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That was interesting! I think that the Oilers played a game that Sutter can really appreciate.

I think we are just starting to get to that point where other teams start changing from "we didn't play our game" and "we beat ourselves with mistakes, etc." to "we worked hard, but they're a good team" and "we just got beat by a better team."

This IS the turn north guys. Enjoy it, it only happens once (per rebuild ;))

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Great game. Kings are beat up but still so awesome to see such a solid 60 minute effort.

Random thoughts.

Talbot great.
Benning very impressive.
JP had a solid game.
Caguillia solid.
Even Poo solid, liked that line.
Maroon good plus his line.
Larsson awesome.

Eberle a solid game... sorta... think he lost the vast majority of his battles and failed to score on one or two premium scoring opportunities.

Klefbom struggling still. Needs to turn it around.
You missed Gryba. He was awesome. Noticed him doing great defending and jumping up maybe dozen times (or at least it felt that way).

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
lol so true, I know if I had kids, they would be watching the game until they fell asleep, carry them when the period is over :D

You'll be in for a big surprise.

Kids don't sit and watch hockey they do whatever it takes so you can't watch.

Sit and watch hockey, that is a good one.

Get a pvr it's the only way.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Good to see some positive updates of the game. Missed a few lately, this one included. Can't seem to step away from the guitar.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
You missed Gryba. He was awesome. Noticed him doing great defending and jumping up maybe dozen times (or at least it felt that way).

Yeah,Gryba and Lucic probably had their best games of the season. Lucic was winning every puck battle and I can't remember the D man but he just simply out muscled him off the rush to get the puck to Eberle for Grybas goal.

Made a brutal giveaway at the end of the game but in all honesty I don't know why TM is putting him on the ice. He isn't a last minute guy.

I personally thouGht Eberle was brutal. He is the problem on that line and I don't understand why TM will not change it. I guess for now as a team don't fix what isn't broken.

Gryba was bound to get one. He was activating the whole night and looked unreal to be honest.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I think we are just starting to get to that point where other teams start changing from "we didn't play our game" and "we beat ourselves with mistakes, etc." to "we worked hard, but they're a good team" and "we just got beat by a better team."

This IS the turn north guys. Enjoy it, it only happens once (per rebuild ;))

happens once per rebuild?. I call bullcrap. we didn't get this in the last 2-3 rebuilds. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad