Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Kings 1

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Huge win.

Maybe the biggest win of the year.

Not only did the Oilers get the win. They were flat out better than the Kings tonight. That hasn't happened in years. And that is with McDavid having one of his quietest games of the year.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Matt Benning with the big empty netter!

In all seriousness big win against the kings in a grinding game, Talbots's played great again

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I posted this in the GDT but Doughty's tantrums were the icing on the cake for me.

After the world of hurt he's put on our team over the years it's great to see him have that reaction.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Nuge first goal of of his career!!!!!!!!

Also wtf. We scored an empty netter. Sweet.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Very satisfying to see Doughty get dummied twice at the end and the have a hissy fit.

Good win. Some sloppy d-zone play but we battled hard and played physical against a team that used to just grind out wins vs us like men against boys.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I still like our broadcast team, I enjoy their calls pretty much every night.

Fantastic game, just went out there and took care of business. Game was never in doubt, other than the awful Lucic giveaway at the end there.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Feels good man

qdwb5.gif

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Shout out to Kevin Quinn for making me die at the end of the game in laughter with the "Matt Benning first National Hockey League goal!". I realized instantly he screwed up cause it was Nuge, but when he said that line after I couldn't breathe.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Quinn made me look like a fool. I hate you Quinn

The Oilers play so big now. Damn it feels good!!

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I switched to the Kings broadcast as I could no longer tolerate Remenda's Oilers hate.

Great win. Ryan "Empty Net Scorer" Nugent Hopkins sealing it nicely. Will be score at non-PP goal any other way?

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
19 wins in the first half of the year. And we could still finish with 20 if we beat the Canucks on New Year's Eve.

Never thought I'd write that about the Oilers.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's a goal that Benning will never forget or should I say, never remember. How can Quinn possibly get those two mixed up lol.

Huge win. It seems like the Oilers were full marks for the win. I love that the team is winning largely without a big offensive contribution from McDavid which is a great sign going forward and wiinning without Sekera tonight.
Drai was a beast on that last sequence completely clowning Doughty.

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton
Beauty win for the boys

this decade of submission is now over.

love seeing doughty's tantrums at the end of the game just makes it better.

As the great one used to say (the other great one... Jackie Gleason....)

HOW SWEET IT IS!! ha

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If only Draisaitl had scored to really make Doughty wear the clown shoes.

Pretty sad to admit given that this is a regular season game in December but this is the teams biggest victory in many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad