Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Devils 2

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Nuge maybe with the game of his life and no star.

Letestu is hurting this team.

Eh, Letestu has his bad and good moments.
The weaker links right now that come to my mind before Letestu would be guys like Jokinen and Strome. For me, Jussi's nickname is simply 'Jussless."

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oh looky here What I posted in page one of PGT;

"Expecting the Devils to come out angry today. We'll see if that gets them off their game and trading chances or if they play well. Oilers could exploit Devils if they are not careful.

I don't know if the Oilers are at the point yet where they can dictate terms in a game and control it. But the Oilers are dangerous when teams play us loose and unfocused.

I'll add that the Oilers do better against lineups like NJ than more veteran clubs. We have a hard time with Veteran sides like the Wings, Jets, Caps, Canes, Sens, etc. Jersey should be better for us.

3-2 Oilers win."

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I an sure it pisses off a few posters here that RNH was the best Oiler on the ice. :nod:

Nuge with possibly the best game of his career. He was spectacular. Sure doesn't piss me off. We need this kind of play from him. Really great that he's rising to the challenge. Our chance of two lines depends on it. He was on all night, took until the 2nd until Lucic gave him some help.

Reactions: tinfish

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oh looky here What I posted in page one of PGT;

Expecting the Devils to come out angry today. We'll see if that gets them off their game and trading chances or if they play well. Oilers could exploit Devils if they are not careful.

I don't know if the Oilers are at the point yet where they can dictate terms in a game and control it. But the Oilers are dangerous when teams play us loose and unfocused.

I'll add that the Oilers do better against lineups like NJ than more veteran clubs. We have a hard time with Veteran sides like the Wings, Jets, Caps, Canes, Sens, etc. Jersey should be better for us.

3-2 Oilers win.
Can you admit that Nuge was good though?

Oh you beat me too it

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Find a way to keep Nuge, man. I don't care what it takes. Don't qualify Strome, let Maroon walk, buy out Russell, whatever. He's been a beast this season now that the shackles are off.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Find a way to keep Nuge, man. I don't care what it takes. Don't qualify Strome, let Maroon walk, buy out Russell, whatever. He's been a beast this season now that the shackles are off.

Find a way? He’s still has years left on his contract.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
We have issues.on the defense, We are a slow team outside a few,problem with zone entries.
We are on the way to turn this rough start of the season around. Small steps, Pk was fine, Lucic skating in syrup scores a goal, Talbot seems back in business, Though the first goal was a bad rebound from a muffin, cant let these go!

Lucic doesn't have to skate fast when he has the puck. Opposing players respect his personal space. It is as if he is skating around in a two foot bubble. Case in point. When he gave his stick away during the Islander game and the puck came to him he caught it in his skates. Took his time and kicked it to a teammate. No Islander player even charged him. 99% of the players in the NHL would be picking themselves off the ice as players dug for the puck.

Beats up goons, gets around 50 points. Plus player. Protects his friends. Thank goodness he is going nowhere.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
-Mcdavid and Drai are easily the most dangerous duo in OT
-Nuge is a beast.
-Talbot great again

f*** yeah boys. What a win. So happy

If this team played with the confidence that they show on 3 on 3 during regulation, this team would be f***ing unstoppable. Need to build on this W.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
oEUGETR.gif

URAH URAH URAH

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
It's a matter of the other deals that need to be come to fit his contract under the cap.

The phrase still doesn’t make any sense. You don’t have to “find a way” to keep him. He has a contract. I’m well aware of the cap trouble but it’s not like it was mandatory to trade him. Now if you wanted to “find a way” to keep Maroon, that makes more sense.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
mcdavid was crazy hooked on that final rush. Had that not gone in, there would have been no penalty. thankfully that went in.

Right? I was trying to see if an official lifted an arm on the play. The thing that surprised me with the no call, was that it was that horizontal stick to the arm/gloves that is supposedly an automatic this year. Oh well, I'm sure the Oilers got away with a few too, because it's easy to be gracious when they win o_O

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I know RNH hasn’t been picking up a lot of points but if he keeps playing the way he has this season then I hope they find a way to keep him.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
You could really see that locker room rift between Drai and McDavid on that game winner too. Absolutely hated each other out there. ...

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Great road game. We are a 3-2 team just like all of last year. Anyone expecting way more of this team is going to be disappointed. This team is build for the grind of the playoffs.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Great road game. We are a 3-2 team just like all of last year. Anyone expecting way more of this team is going to be disappointed. This team is build for the grind of the playoffs.

Well, we will put up the occasional blowout, which is all you can ask for. You can't consistently score 4+ per game in this league, no matter how good you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad