Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3 Devils 2

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Right? I was trying to see if an official lifted an arm on the play. The thing that surprised me with the no call, was that it was that horizontal stick to the arm/gloves that is supposedly an automatic this year. Oh well, I'm sure the Oilers got away with a few too, because it's easy to be gracious when they win o_O

Most egregious non-call of that OT was the Devils player being allowed to jump onto the ice and defend the rush when the player he was changing for was still 20 feet away from the bench.

That was some absolute BS. Can't believe they were allowed to get away with it.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Most egregious non-call of that OT was the Devils player being allowed to jump onto the ice and defend the rush when the player he was changing for was still 20 feet away from the bench.

That was some absolute BS. Can't believe they were allowed to get away with it.

They got away with a few calls as well imo. Connor got hauled down as he skated with the puck toward their end without a call.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
IMG_0931.JPG

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
The phrase still doesn’t make any sense. You don’t have to “find a way” to keep him. He has a contract. I’m well aware of the cap trouble but it’s not like it was mandatory to trade him. Now if you wanted to “find a way” to keep Maroon, that makes more sense.

Perhaps I can rephrase in a manner more acceptable to you.

Nuge certainly wasn't playing like a $6 million player last season. He is now.

There is a salary cap crunch a comin'. At Nuge's level of play last season it would have been better cap mangement to trade him. If he keeps up his strong play throughout this season Chia just might wanna keep him around.

Reactions: Aerrol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How about some props for the PK...no goals allowed on the last 7 penalties the past 2 games.
No props. We have a 90% PK on the road and just over 50% at home. I'm not worried about our PK away from Rogers.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
It's been said a lot but while there were warts this game there was also huge positives: Nuge looking great and the PK doing well against a pretty good offense. I'm very happy to see both.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
No props. We have a 90% PK on the road and just over 50% at home. I'm not worried about our PK away from Rogers.

Oh come on. They won against an eastern team, which they're supposed to suck against. Is that a better positive for you?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Apparently its a groin injury. It will be interesting to see who they call up. I hope its Rattie.

Shit, that's too bad-hopefully it's not a serious injury. He scored a beauty tonight...from what I've read on the board Rattie has had himself a solid past two weeks. Get him on the plane.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oh come on. They won against an eastern team, which they're supposed to suck against. Is that a better positive for you?
Yep. Lol
Our PK at home is the issue with it that's all.

We beat an eastern team two games in a row. I'm pumped.

I'm hoping we can beat our matinee curse on Saturday

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yep. Lol
Our PK at home is the issue with it that's all.

We beat an eastern team two games in a row. I'm pumped.

I'm hoping we can beat our matinee curse on Saturday

OK I'm glad you still have some positives :laugh:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
OK I'm glad you still have some positives :laugh:
I got tons.

Nuge is huge.
Lucic is quietly putting up even strength points.
Malone needs to stay up, he is our best 4th liner.
Slepy, who doesn't impress me had a good goal (sadly got hurt)

Outside of the first 10 minutes I thought the game was pretty evenly matched.

Lots of puck luck on our side though for once too which helped as well.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid lately hasn't seemed to have that jump I've come to expect from him.

Not sure if it's just a slump or a nagging injury but I'm pretty certain the rest of the league didn't suddenly learn how to deal with his speed.

Nice to win a a game where he didn't have to do the all the heavy lifting on his own but hopefully he bounces back soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->