Line Combos: Oilers 2021/2022 roster how it is coming together

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
if he can be a good 2nd pair d man i guess. i'm personally hoping for ~30 pts and strong all-around play

d men age better than forwards so i have some hope he can still be that guy
See I'm hoping for him to regain his Norris form, and dominate like he did in 2010-2015.
Probably not likely to happen.

God knows what we'll be getting out of him.
source.gif

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I'm really interested to see who graduates from the AHL. Benson will likely see a lot of time in the big club, but knowing Tippet, it's likely going to be in the pressbox. It would be cool to see a third/fourth line of Benson-McLeod-Marody. I'm sure they will be put together during training camp, hopefully they stick. They've got a chemistry advantage over the others.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hyman-McDavid-Pulju
RNH-Draisaitl- Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Benson-Ryan-Archibald
Shore

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Samorukov -Bouchard
Lagesson

This is how I see it too (except I expect Russell/Lagesson at 3LD to start the season).

We could really use a guy like Brassard at 3C. Doesn't force McLeod at C as a rookie and also doesn't force Kassian into the top-9 when he's going cold.

Reactions: Messrules11

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I'm really interested to see who graduates from the AHL. Benson will likely see a lot of time in the big club, but knowing Tippet, it's likely going to be in the pressbox. It would be cool to see a third/fourth line of Benson-McLeod-Marody. I'm sure they will be put together during training camp, hopefully they stick. They've got a chemistry advantage over the others.
It would be cool but my gut says don’t bank on it. Can’t quantify why just don’t feel good about Benson on the big club although I think he will be given every opp to compete for a spot this fall. McLeod and Marody I have all time for…

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
With the quest for wingers for McD and multiple players that can play more than one position, Tippett could really use the blender.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Holloway-RNH-Puljujarvi
Foegele-Ryan-Kassian
Benson-McLeod-Yamamoto
Perlini-Shore-Archibald
Turris -Marody

Love the depth!

Last edited:

iliketorock

May 23, 2021
It will be interesting to see if Marody can show in training camp if he's got the legs to play in the NHL. Hopefully Benson can strut his stuff and survive on the 3rd/4th line, I'd hate to have to put him through waivers but even then I'm not sold on the player yet. Also interested to see where Perlini falls, if he can replicate his first few years where he could at least score the odd goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad