Line Combos: Oilers 2021/2022 roster how it is coming together

Ementy

May 11, 2010
My comment was strictly modifications to our defense.

Our right side is set to be looted and pillaged regularly. Our left side not much better. Our forwards got better but our defense got a lot worse. Imo.
I can't say I agree, Ceci played well in a defensive role. Is away from being told to Lead a teams D core right out of being drafted. and has been a + player since leaving that cancer team. Which Larsson only did well for a short spurt. I was never high on him, I remember during the season, I was thinking really we got nothing for Hall as Larsson is easily replaced. and even seemed failed the first few years.

Bouchard >> Bear
Ceci = Larsson
Keith > Jones

Pessimist gonna pessimist.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Not sure but solid third line players like Eric Haula is being scooped up at 2 million plus AAV's .. what is Holland doing ?

Holland doesn't have Patriots, Sox and Celtics tickets to give away

We have Eskimo and the waterpark tickets.

There's a reason Bos has the best cap allocation in the NHL....and it's not cuz the GM is an uber ģenuis

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Jones sucked and Bear also did. Only true loss was Larson.

Ceci will perform better than Jones and Bear. Keith is up in the air

I'm not sure which I am more surprised about. Your under appreciation of Jones, Bear, & Larsson or your over estimation on Ceci and Keith. The combination is very optimistic for our defense being improved by these changes.

I hope you are right.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
I realize that--but until he is put on the LTIR we can not count that money. I have Foegle and Yams coming in at about a combined 5 mil so that eats up about 2.5 of Klefbom LTIR right there
yeah, I have been praying we ship Koski to buffalo, pay them what they want, just make the room so you're not handcuffing your goaltender situation or your cap. Even other fans of different teams suggest we do this.

Then I try to lead with Kassian and some picks or prospects for one of Seattles goalies.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I can't say I agree, Ceci played well in a defensive role. Is away from being told to Lead a teams D core right out of being drafted. and has been a + player since leaving that cancer team. Which Larsson only did well for a short spurt. I was never high on him, I remember during the season, I was thinking really we got nothing for Hall as Larsson is easily replaced. and even seemed failed the first few years.

Bouchard >> Bear
Ceci = Larsson
Keith > Jones

Pessimist gonna pessimist.

ahh No.

Ceci << Larsson

but the rest look right.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Hyman - McDavid - Pulujarvi
Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto (wouldn't mind Foegle here)
Foegle - Ryan - Archibald
Benson - McLeod - Kassian
Shore

Nurse- Barrie
Keith - Bouchard
Samurokov - Ceci
Russell

Smith
?????? - maybe Koskinen but I still expect a move for someone else. Come on Arizona, take him.

There is no planet where I would ever put Midgets who put zeros across the board over Foegle. You are just nerfing your second line by doing that.

The Oilers need 2 strong dominant lines and a third line that can shut you down.

I have no confidence in Yamamoto. He leeched of Leon 2 seasons ago. He is what he is.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
ahh No.

Ceci << Larsson

but the rest look right.
Nurse-Barrie, Russell-Bouchard would have remained the same.

Keith-Ceci > Jones-Larsson for me. If nothing else it gives us a different look on D and experience in locker room.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
There is no planet where I would ever put Midgets who put zeros across the board over Foegle. You are just nerfing your second line by doing that.

The Oilers need 2 strong dominant lines and a third line that can shut you down.

I have no confidence in Yamamoto. He leeched of Leon 2 seasons ago. He is what he is.

Interesting. Because the way I remember it, both Leon and the Nuge were in extended bad slumps 2 years ago, and when they united them with Yamo after his callup in January, they suddenly caught fire.

Reactions: GreeningOil

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Kassian
Foegele - Ryan - Archibald
Holloway/Benson - McLeod - Yamamoto

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Bouchard
X - Ceci

Smith / Koskinen / Stalock

Reactions: Oilhawks

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Interesting. Because the way I remember it, both Leon and the Nuge were in extended bad slumps 2 years ago, and when they united them with Yamo after his callup in January, they suddenly caught fire.
lets claim guy who has 20 goals in 105 games being stapled to the one of the 2 best players in the game as a success story.

Kailer Yamamoto is a 10-15 goal scorer playing with one of the best passers in hockey.

Maybe he proves me wrong but he does a whole lot of nothing other then buzz around like a wild chihuahua

he is also small and is not built for the playoffs. I would rather lose a few points for a more impactful player next to Drai.

in other words he isnt Foegele. Big, strong, playoff type winger.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Hyman-McDavid-Kessel
RNH-Drai-Pulju
Foegele-Ryan-Yamo
Holloway-McLeod-Archibald
Benson

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci
Gudbranson

Konovalov
Smith
Stalock

Kosko+ traded for Kessel

Reactions: Oilhawks

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Hyman-McDavid-Kessel
RNH-Drai-Pulju
Foegele-Ryan-Yamo
Holloway-McLeod-Archibald
Benson

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Bouchard
Lagesson-Ceci
Gudbranson

Konovalov
Smith
Stalock

Kosko+ traded for Kessel
Switch Yamo and Archibald and that would be perfect IMO. Assuming Konovalov can handle NHL minutes, that is.

Reactions: Canovin

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
RNH McDavid Hyman
Foegele Drai Pulju
Benson McLeod Yamo
Archibald Ryan Kassian
Shore Turris

Nurse Barrie
Keith Bouchard
Lagesson Ceci
Russell

This is what I'd try. Unfortunately it seems like they will keep Turris around. Ryan can slot in as our 4C, hopefully he can bounce back and have a good year. McLeod Shore and Turris can fight for the third line centre spot.

I like Lagesson, hopefully he can be a decent bottom pair D for us. Ideally we don't see Russell play much at all.

Potentially Holloway, Broberg, or Samorukov can steal spots in training camp.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Hyman-McDavid-Pulju
RNH-Draisaitl- Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Benson-Ryan-Archibald
Shore

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Samorukov -Bouchard
Lagesson

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Jones sucked and Bear also did. Only true loss was Larson.

Ceci will perform better than Jones and Bear. Keith is up in the air
I never liked Larsson, and not because of Hall.

He has just played like shit for years, and actually 1 season (contract year) did his job as a defensive defender. and even then I thought man is he easy to replace. To be fair we traded for a top RHD and kept trying to use him as such, but he's just not, he's like the best 3rd pairing D out there, the play dies on his stick, and to flop around and block so many pucks, means you are easily getting walked through, i'd rather have a defender who attacks the puck and stops the shot from ever happening and can make a stretch pass taking the play to offense and be able to keep up in the play. Rather than play it up or down the boards and expect someone else to take it out. Pathetic imo.

I truly have always believed, we could replace him for a 1m depth signing.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
ahh No.

Ceci << Larsson

but the rest look right.
Larsson is not good (For the $$) he should be a depth signing, Ladislav Smid seemed like a a all star in comparison.

Ceci is gonna suprise you, in his first words about the signing, he said he came here to be a defensive defenseman he said he has adjusted to that role. He played that role WELL for the Pens and as they say in mass was more than pleasant in that role.

He can easily replace Larsson of the past 4 years and his spotty play at best not consistent play + Jump in the play better.

He came in as a OD past few years worked towards his Defensive game and is now in his prime years on a good team.

So long as Bouchard can do his stuff on the 2nd pair, Ceci will be used just like Pitts did. and he will jump in for Bouch I am sure over the season.

Hf is derpderpderp and judges him as a whole based off his time on the Albatross of the Senators. SAME PLAYER DERP 2 YEARS OF SOLID PLAY A LIE.

He even managed to be a + in Toronto with them using him as a top D half the time. and Toronto hates on any player who leaves or gets traded and become insta homers for new players. all the problems were departing players and "WERE IN ON EVERYPLAYER EVER THEY ALL WANNA COME HERE WE DA BEST TILL YOU LEAVE." They would hate on a + player carrying their D when he's not suppose to be.

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Well that's your opinion. I don't know why you need to name call with it though.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
Hyman-McDavid-Pulju
RNH-Draisaitl- Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kassian
Benson-Ryan-Archibald
Shore

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Samorukov -Bouchard
Lagesson

I feel like this is the one...except Russell or lagesson start with Bouchard. When Bouchard starts moving up the lineup, I think that's when you'll see samorukov come in.

By the deadline I just have a feeling the oilers will start to move toward this:

Nurse Bouchard
Keith Ceci
Samorukov Barrie

Reactions: Tom Brady

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Holland doesn't have Patriots, Sox and Celtics tickets to give away

We have Eskimo and the waterpark tickets.

There's a reason Bos has the best cap allocation in the NHL....and it's not cuz the GM is an uber ģenuis
Good for business when Boston has a winner. Gold rains down on everyone via revenue sharing... but Sweeney is no Yzerman. :thumbu:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Keith is up in the air
What do you mean Keith is up in the air?

As long as he's:
  • as good as Hawks fans tell us he is by ignoring all analytics
  • he's better than Caleb Jones is projected to be
  • manages to fight aging another year
  • adapts to a new team
  • adapts to a Canadian market with insane fans....

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
What do you mean Keith is up in the air?

As long as he's:
  • as good as Hawks fans tell us he is by ignoring all analytics
  • he's better than Caleb Jones is projected to be
  • manages to fight aging another year
  • adapts to a new team
  • adapts to a Canadian market with insane fans....
if he can be a good 2nd pair d man i guess. i'm personally hoping for ~30 pts and strong all-around play

d men age better than forwards so i have some hope he can still be that guy

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad