Rumor: Oilers ‘full court press’ to find forward help

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Any are good deals. You rid yourself of an busted prospect and get a proven 20 goal scoring forward with a head on his shoulders in his own end or a top 6 d-man who can protect McDavid and change the culture in your room.

‘A top 6 d-man’ oh my sides :laugh:

Bottom pairing. You mean bottom pairing. Just like when people say ‘top 9 forward!!!’ they mean 3rd liner. Usually a poor one. Like Granlund (who has never scored 20 and is near worthless). Or a wildly overpaid one like Sutter.

You guys get absolutely filled in with Gudbranson on the ice. He’s a slot machine that always pays out.

I offer Zack Kassian for Olli Juolevi. You rid yourself of a busted prospect who’s also injury prone for a tough customer who can protect Petterson so he stops getting injured and he’s well liked in the room.

All three guys are Awful with a capital A and you bloody well know it.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Any are good deals. You rid yourself of an busted prospect and get a proven 20 goal scoring forward with a head on his shoulders in his own end or a top 6 d-man who can protect McDavid and change the culture in your room.

Another genius insight into NHL players.

member 290103

‘A top 6 d-man’ oh my sides :laugh:

Bottom pairing. You mean bottom pairing. Just like when people say ‘top 9 forward!!!’ they mean 3rd liner. Usually a poor one. Like Granlund (who has never scored 20 and is near worthless). Or a wildly overpaid one like Sutter.

You guys get absolutely filled in with Gudbranson on the ice. He’s a slot machine that always pays out.

I offer Zack Kassian for Olli Juolevi. You rid yourself of a busted prospect who’s also injury prone who can protect Petterson so he stops getting injured and he’s well liked in the room.

All three guys are Awful with a capital A and you bloody well know it.

Granlund potted 19 just a few years back. He's got it in him. Guddy is a legit NHL blue liner that would be an upgrade on several of the d-men you ice, and he would improve the culture in your room, which is apparently toxic.

I'd be careful of discounting these offers as quickly as you are.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
Granlund potted 19 just a few years back. He's got it in him. Guddy is a legit NHL blue liner that would be an upgrade on several of the d-men you ice, and he would improve the culture in your room, which is apparently toxic.

I'd be careful of discounting these offers as quickly as you are.

Where exactly did you hear this?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I dont know who is dumber....peter Chiarelli or the guy that is still allowing peter chiarelli to be peter chiarelli.

McBackup

Jan 15, 2019
East Van and Damned
Guddy looks like a great defenseman, is a great guy, and is intimidating, but pretty much every statistical measure backs up that he's not a good player, not to mention the eye test of watching him frequently get walked by opposing forwards. The Oilers have plenty of truculence, they need actual quality players. Despite this I like Guddy, and he brings an aspect the team is lacking, so despite him being overpaid I'm in no rush to get rid of him unless the Oil wanted to overpay, and if I were Edmonton he's not the kind of player I'd overpay for.

member 290103

Guddy looks like a great defenseman, is a great guy, and is intimidating, but pretty much every statistical measure backs up that he's not a good player, not to mention the eye test of watching him frequently get walked by opposing forwards. The Oilers have plenty of truculence, they need actual quality players. Despite this I like Guddy, and he brings an aspect the team is lacking, so despite him being overpaid I'm in no rush to get rid of him unless the Oil wanted to overpay, and if I were Edmonton he's not the kind of player I'd overpay for.

Exactly - that's why you only offer up a busted prospect like Puljujarvi. If the Canucks take it you run with it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
a 7th is an overpay for guddy.

member 290103

Who? The guy who hasn't stepped foot in the dressing room in years?
The guy who's still doing spin class 8 hours a day?

Yes. There's lots of other evidence of issues too. If you read between the lines of things Todd McLellan said, it's clear the room is full of players that are satisfied losing.

member 290103

I don't think you're qualified to read between the lines, from the sound of it, you can't even read what's on the lines.

Look, you can get angry about things or accept the reality of the situation. It's your call.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Look, you can get angry about things or accept the reality of the situation. It's your call.
If you read between the lines, you can obviously see there is a rift going on in the canucks locker room.

Pettersson gets taken out twice this year, and no one stands up for him? They must not like him, its pretty clear to everyone if you read between the lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad