• My belly

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • lmfao flames

Votes: 24 32.4%

• Total voters

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
so who do the oilers have left on right wing?
obviously with injuries and no depth at that posiiton, Drai will be on the 1st line.
who is left?

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Hoping for the 2 points tonight, but the team still looks bad in my eyes. Hopefully tonight they can start getting some confidence back. They'll miss Caggiula tonight. He's been one of the few guys that have been bringing it lately.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
so who do the oilers have left on right wing?
obviously with injuries and no depth at that posiiton, Drai will be on the 1st line.
who is left?
Kassian. Pakarainen. Then a bunch of guys out of place. I think Slepy is better now...maybe.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Oilers 3-0 against Taylor Hall. Arguably played their best game of the season against them after pretty much being lifeless in all the others. Looks to me like they don’t want to lose to him for some reason. I’ll predict another win.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If they play on their toes and play to their strengths (dominate physically...cycling the puck...etc) they will win.
Initiate dammit! :nod:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This board is going to be awfully quiet just like last year when we start winning. Im looking forward to it.

Maybe Chia traded away half the board as well or Mclellan benched them..

I'm jk, just to be clear..

This part not joking but I think the Eakins era really did a number on the fanbase that even the McDavid draft and new arena hasn't totally rectified. This place is a ghost town always. We rival the poster participation now of such places as NJ, Carolina, and Florida. Been like this for years here afaik.

Maybe the analytics crowd can run some numbers on poster participation during winning vs losing. With some factorial analysis and score effects as well..;)

OK, its alright to laugh people, is not so bad..

Last edited:

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I wonder if half the people on HFOil are actual fans or just like to **** and bash the team every step of the way.
OR perhaps we/they sit back and enjoy/appreciate the wins without the need to chatter like a bunch of school kids about nothing. If the team had a good game, what are you going to do? Over-react like some (Yay..we're winning the cup), critique the way the team played or constantly talk about what went right, which, usually, is the same every time.

When the team is losing, lots of people have different opinions, based on their experience, on what is wrong and what, if anything, they believe needs to be changed.

Simple really. Not everyone is a social butterfly and want to chatter on the 'community network' unless there's something, they perceive, of value to say..

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
OR perhaps we/they sit back and enjoy/appreciate the wins without the need to chatter like a bunch of school kids about nothing. If the team had a good game, what are you going to do? Over-react like some (Yay..we're winning the cup), critique the way the team played or constantly talk about what went right, which, usually, is the same every time.

When the team is losing, lots of people have different opinions, based on their experience, on what is wrong and what, if anything, they believe needs to be changed.

Simple really. Not everyone is a social butterfly and want to chatter on the 'community network' unless there's something, they perceive, of value to say..

So posters that are happy after wins are chattering school children. But those who complain win or lose have valuable opinions? Right...

Reactions: Lord Quas

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
As per: Oilers Nation

Oilers

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Slepyshev
Pakarinen-Strome-Jokinen
Malone-Letestu-Kassian
Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Benning
Russell-Gryba
Talbot

The Oilers didn’t skate this morning so we won’t know until warm-up if Slepyshev is ready to go. Drake Caggiula is out after blocking a shot versus the Islanders. Malone only played seven minutes on Tuesday, but it was a noticeable seven minutes. He has played with a lot of energy when he’s dressed and you hope it rubs off on some of his teammates.
Devils

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Bratt-Henrique-Stafford
Gibbons-Boyle-Hayes
Wood-Coleman-Noesen
Greene-Santini
Moore-Mueller
Butcher-Lovejoy
Schneider

Kyle Palmieri returns to their lineup. He missed seven games after being injured versus San Jose on October 20th. Palmieri had seven points in seven games before being injured. He will be a big boost to their offence.​

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Perhaps its not as back and white as you are making it out to be? Whats wrong with sitting back and enjoying the wins without running to the board as soon as something bad happens for no other reason but to post endlessly about firing the coach/GM or trading a player.
Over reacting to a 12 game sample size is ridiculous regardless of how you enjoy the good times.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
This board is going to be awfully quiet just like last year when we start winning. Im looking forward to it.

I quit doing Oil-fans.com last year, since the team played well and humorous quotes were hard to come by (equally time consuming for me, with much less payoff)... plus, it just seemed with the team making the playoffs that it was a great time to stop.

I've thought a few times so far this season, maybe it wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad