Votes: 13 17.6%
  • lmfao flames

Votes: 24 32.4%

• Total voters

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We need this win please, I will sacrifice my Oreo ice cream sandwich to my belly if we do.

6-2 Oil

As per: Oilers Nation

Oilers

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Slepyshev
Pakarinen-Strome-Jokinen
Malone-Letestu-Kassian
Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Benning
Russell-Gryba
Talbot

The Oilers didn’t skate this morning so we won’t know until warm-up if Slepyshev is ready to go. Drake Caggiula is out after blocking a shot versus the Islanders. Malone only played seven minutes on Tuesday, but it was a noticeable seven minutes. He has played with a lot of energy when he’s dressed and you hope it rubs off on some of his teammates.
Devils

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Bratt-Henrique-Stafford
Gibbons-Boyle-Hayes
Wood-Coleman-Noesen
Greene-Santini
Moore-Mueller
Butcher-Lovejoy
Schneider

Kyle Palmieri returns to their lineup. He missed seven games after being injured versus San Jose on October 20th. Palmieri had seven points in seven games before being injured. He will be a big boost to their offence.​

Last edited:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Haven't won 2 straight all season. That'll continue.

5-2 Jersey, Hall x2

Yeah, until this team proves that they can win 2 in a row, I won't believe that they can. I'm a "show me" kinda person, especially once there is a track record, and the Oilers have played enough games this year to have a track record. We won last game, so I'm sure the boys are going to take their foot off the gas (even though they didn't play good against NYI) and lose. ZERO faith in this team this year, just none.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Will be a tough game. Expect another solid start from Talbot.

Hopefully tonight is the night the secondary scoring finally takes off

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Like others have said... I have no faith in them winning 2 in a row till they can prove they can.

Devils also in the midst of a 3 game losing streak that I am sure they will be hungry to end.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Expecting the Devils to come out angry today. We'll see if that gets them off their game and trading chances or if they play well. Oilers could exploit Devils if they are not careful.

I don't know if the Oilers are at the point yet where they can dictate terms in a game and control it. But the Oilers are dangerous when teams play us loose and unfocused.

I'll add that the Oilers do better against lineups like NJ than more veteran clubs. We have a hard time with Veteran sides like the Wings, Jets, Caps, Canes, Sens, etc. Jersey should be better for us.

3-2 Oilers win.

Reactions: shoop

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
NJ - 3 game slide, NYR - 5 game streak
We're gonna be facing both sides of the coin here momentum-wise.
Time to just worry about our game and get it done.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Expecting the Devils to come out angry today. We'll see if that gets them off their game and trading chances or if they play well. Oilers could exploit Devils if they are not careful.

I don't know if the Oilers are at the point yet where they can dictate terms in a game and control it. But the Oilers are dangerous when teams play us loose and unfocused.

I'll add that the Oilers do better against lineups like NJ than more veteran clubs. We have a hard time with Veteran sides like the Wings, Jets, Caps, Canes, Sens, etc. Jersey should be better for us.

3-2 Oilers win.
Agreed. Veteran teams that play a tight systems game are generally trouble for us. I believe I heard on the last broadcast that Jersey has more than ten players in their lineup with less than 82 games experience.

We need to capitalize on mistakes tonight. Often we are the team with 40 shots who couldn't score on a soccer net, while the other team has 20 shots and makes us pay for every defensive miscue. Need to reverse those roles.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
NJ - 3 game slide, NYR - 5 game streak
We're gonna be facing both sides of the coin here momentum-wise.
Time to just worry about our game and get it done.
NJ Game: "no chance for the Oilers, NJ is gonna be mad they've lost 3 in a row"
NYR game: "Rangers are rolling, no chance the Oilers win tonight"
lol

anyways, 3-1 Oilers...Talbot steal another one

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
lol

Right? The story line is way too often, "oh no look what the other team did in the game before this, we're screwed"
Take it to them you silly Oilers. Make them worry about you.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
lol

Actually the Rangers game we have no chance on because its an afternoon game on a Saturday. Which historically the Oilers have shit the bed on for decades. No matter how good this team is, I will always assume we are going to lose an afternoon game lol

Reactions: McChiaricolson

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Right? The story line is way too often, "oh no look what the other team did in the game before this, we're screwed"
Take it to them you silly Oilers. Make them worry about you.

This from McLellan statements is the attitude that got the Oilers success last season. Not worrying as much about what the other team could do then imposing itself on the other club. Need some more mojo happening.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I really think we see the Oilers win again tonight. Good luck!

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
With guaranteed loss night coming Saturday due to the early start, this and Washington gotta be W's. No pictures on the stats sheet, just win baby. Even if its a 1-0 Talbot shutout being outshot 42-17.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad