Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Legwand - Stewart
Stone - Zibby - Chaisson
Condra - Smith - Neil

If Murray can pull this off i would be so happy

that is a much better then what we started with last year

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
We re-signed David Dzurimdmskdmski. Seems like more AHL depth at LW, maybe cause Prince is leaving?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Vincent Lecavalier just doesn't fit into where this team is heading. He's 34 now and his skills are eroding rapidly. If we're going young, then go young - play the kids and develop your team and identity that way. To get rid of Spezza, then move in an aging version of him just because someone is having a fire sale, makes zero sense.

This, btw, illustrates the problem with the "spend more money" argument. Sure, we could spend more, but all anyone wants to send us is their bad contracts like Lecavalier. Any expensive player actually worth something, like Patrick Sharp, would require a huge return like Lazar. Again, if you're going young, dive right in. We are heading down this road anyway, so we might as well go full Moneyball.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe Murray locked him in his dungeon just like he did with Jim O'Brien 1 year ago. :sarcasm:

Yeah, that remains an unsolved mystery.

252px-Robert_Stack.jpg

That whole JOB thing may never be fully understood.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Vincent Lecavalier just doesn't fit into where this team is heading. He's 34 now and his skills are eroding rapidly. If we're going young, then go young - play the kids and develop your team and identity that way. To get rid of Spezza, then move in an aging version of him just because someone is having a fire sale, makes zero sense.

This, btw, illustrates the problem with the "spend more money" argument. Sure, we could spend more, but all anyone wants to send us is their bad contracts like Lecavalier. Any expensive player actually worth something, like Patrick Sharp, would require a huge return like Lazar. Again, if you're going young, dive right in. We are heading down this road anyway, so we might as well go full Moneyball.

ottawa is a tad weak down the middle ant blame them if they go find someone. I think both arguments are valid though with pageau getting close

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, that remains an unsolved mystery.

252px-Robert_Stack.jpg

That whole JOB thing may never be fully understood.

Seriously, I amazed that not one journalist has given us a real article on what happened with JOB. He basically vanished from the team and no one has said anything about it.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don't know guys. Lecavalier for 4 more years? Are you sure about this? He's already having trouble playing in this league, and you want 4 more years?

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Seriously, I amazed that not one journalist has given us a real article on what happened with JOB. He basically vanished from the team and no one has said anything about it.

I remember he was like tied for the team league in goals and then disappeared.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't know guys. Lecavalier for 4 more years? Are you sure about this? He's already having trouble playing in this league, and you want 4 more years?

I don't. Everyone hates on Chris Stewart, but I'd take him, may as well see what he's got if the price isn't too high. Maybe he'd work out way better with a Maclean instead of a Hitchcock.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Remeber when we were all sold on the idea that having massive cap sapce would allow us to buy ouy some bad contracts whilst also collecting assets in the future i.e. what is being proposed with this Vinny L talk....ahhh those were the days!

Wish we could use our buyots to acquire assets like a few other teams are trying to do!

Now that the opportunity presents itself a change of heart magically occurs :(

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
If we seriously pass up Lecavalier because Melnyk is too cheap to let the trade happen unless Philly eats $2M salary, I will lose what little hope I have that the Sens can ever compete until Melnyk is gone .

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don't. Everyone hates on Chris Stewart, but I'd take him, may as well see what he's got if the price isn't too high. Maybe he'd work out way better with a Maclean instead of a Hitchcock.

agree with this x100

he led the blues in goal scoring during the lockout season

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
If we seriously pass up Lecavalier because Melnyk is too cheap to let the trade happen unless Philly eats $2M salary, I will lose what little hope I have that the Sens can ever compete until Melnyk is gone .

I'm in the same boat... this is just getting plain ridiculous.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Ya, him asking for a salary retention in the first place is utter bs.

If he is not willing to acquire his full contract, will he be willing to spend the money that would be required to extend Ryan, MacArthur or even Methot? I honestly don't think so hate to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad