Offseason Thread vol. XI - Friend of a Friend Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Why? The sabres got vets, but are still in the process of rebuilding. We can still rebuild properly even if we get vets.

Do you want to become the oilers?

I guess what I should have said is I'd rather not trade some of the team's better youth and picks for vets.

If they're getting him for scraps, awesome. But i doubt Tim Murray allows that to happen

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If Prince doesn't want to be here, and him making the NHL on Ottawa seems like a long shot then trading him for someone who could help would be great

Stewart though.... Not too excited about that possibility

So Lecavalier vs. Stewart, who would you guys prefer?

Lecavalier since he would likely cost less. Losing Prince might not hurt Ottawa but it could hurt Bingo and Bingo being successful is something I consider important for a cap floor team

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
I guess what I should have said is I'd rather not trade some of the team's better youth and picks for vets.

If they're getting him for scraps, awesome. But i doubt Tim Murray allows that to happen

Lets be honest. Do you ever seen a guy like Shane Prince getting a shot with this team? They already only have one spot for Stone/Hoffman, assuming they don't bench Condra or Neil.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Of course i would not give up prospects like Lazar, Pageau, Puemple, Stone, Hoffman, etc.

But if it is just Prince + a low pick or something, then fine. Wasn't it reported that Prince wanted off the team anyhow during the middle of last season?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'd say Stewart has more upside.

Lecavalier is on the down-swing.

Stewart MIGHT have some kind of rebound. He's only 26.

Vinny will always be judged on his past accomplishments which could be a bit dicey with this crowd in Ottawa.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stewart cause he is a winger and is more skilled at this point also a lot younger

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We could honestly be getting both Stewart and Vinny, but i doubt Melnyk would allow it.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I'm gonna call it and say we dump Greening and pick up all 3 off Vinny, Stewart, and Hodgson...

Oh, and did I mention Evander Kane? Murray loves troubled youth from Vancouver.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Hoffman-Lecavalier-Lazar/Stone
Condra-Smith-Neil (Condra on his off wing, forcing MacLean to only play this line 8 mins a night)

I like it.

Oct 10, 2010
BTW, Vinny has a NMC, would he even waive to come here? Didn't he turn down MTL for Philly? Does he want to play in Canada?

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Id be more excited if this was the Lecavalier from 8 years ago coming here.. not the one now. This guy looks like he's done soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad