Offseason Thread vol. XI - Friend of a Friend Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I really want Lecavalier, would upset losing Spezza partially, and maybe more in the next few years...

looks like vinny is owed 6mill this year in actually dollars, sounds like a turn off for ownership.

What about?

Greening vs Lecavalier

No salary retained.

Flyers get out of cap hell. Sens get the better player that will only cost 2 mil more per season

Next 4 years Lecavalier will cost 16.5 in salary
Greening will cost 6.950 for the next 3 years.

That's spending 10 Millions in the next 4 years but you get an upgrade and also have a full additional year of service

If they retain salary, that will cost a better player than Greening

Yeah, I'll only take on an NHL player if they'll take all our junk that has no chance of success AND retain money, too!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

People always want the best case scenarios... no surprise why so many of them are always disappointed/frustrated.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
so since the 2M has been paid... that means he would make 4M,4.5M,3M,3M and thats including whatever salary bonuses he has left. It's quite sad the only way we get this deal done is with Salary retained when we have over 18Mil to spend.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
BTW, Vinny has a NMC, would he even waive to come here? Didn't he turn down MTL for Philly? Does he want to play in Canada?

That's a good question, but he definitely didn't look too happy stapled to the bench in the playoffs this year, so leaving Philly might be an option for Vinny.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I always liked Vinny, hell of a lot more than Legwand.

Please no Stewart, another player that always leaves you wanting more.

Vinny would really help what we need most. Big center. Can play tough, with leadership, still filthy when the opportunity arises. I think he would enjoy playing here.

MacArthur-Turris -Ryan
Michalek-Lecavalier-Chiasson
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Not bad...two good PP lines too

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is there somewhere I can go, or will someone explain the salary retention method in how it works with the cap? If a team keeps a portion of the salary, does it go against their cap?

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
I really want Lecavalier, would upset losing Spezza partially, and maybe more in the next few years...

What about?

Greening vs Lecavalier

No salary retained.

Flyers get out of cap hell. Sens get the better player that will only cost 2 mil more per season

Next 4 years Lecavalier will cost 16.5 in salary
Greening will cost 6.950 for the next 3 years.

That's spending 10 Millions in the next 4 years but you get an upgrade and also have a full additional year of service

If they retain salary, that will cost a better player than Greening

:laugh:

People always want the best case scenarios... no surprise why so many of them are always disappointed/frustrated.

Philly already paid his 2Mil signing bonus for this year.. so he's only owed 14.5mil over 4 years which averages out 3.625mil per.

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
If Prince doesn't want to be here, and him making the NHL on Ottawa seems like a long shot then trading him for someone who could help would be great

Stewart though.... Not too excited about that possibility

Lecavalier since he would likely cost less. Losing Prince might not hurt Ottawa but it could hurt Bingo and Bingo being successful is something I consider important for a cap floor team

I would welcome Stewart with open arms, he is a legit top-six player. He was playing in Hitchcock's "offense is evil" system. Put him on a team like Ottawa and 25 goals should be a shoe-in. He is only 26 and not to mention is big, which Murray really likes.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I'm sure this has been posted, but just in case, Prince was pulled of the ice and went in to see BM 30 minutes ago, and has not returned...BM has though

Last edited:

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
The conversations for Stewart would be really funny to listen to if they are happening. I'm sure TM has been called a ****-sucker more than he would have wanted to these past few days.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Nothing more will happen. I'm not down on the Spezza trade, I thought given the circumstances we got a decent return. I'd be surprised if this isn't the lineup we start the season with. We will be a bubble team, hopefully Andy can stand on his head again and we will get to see a round or two of playoffs. All that "we have a big trade in the works" talk is just to appease the angry masses. People will forget about it in a week or two when nothing happens.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
we can afford it..we just dont want to.

Seems like there are 29 other teams who agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad