Speculation: Offseason Thread Pt V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Forgot to mention, but about a week ago on Sirius NHL radio someone was on (I forget) and they said that at least one team went to Marner about negotiating and offer sheet to sign and he declined. On the radio they acted as if everyone in NHL circles knew it was the Islanders.

It’s entirely possible that’s true because there were rumors Point got one as well from somewhere and turned it down. If I was Marner I would have considered leaving for sure given the cap situation there. The window is basically 2-3 years and you’re up against Tampa and Boston. You basically have to win that division. Whoever doesn’t is 50-50 the next 3 years to be gone in round 1 and Florida is no slouch of a team either

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The rest of the RFA negotiations are going to be very interesting. It sounds like Tampa and Point are far apart, while Colorado apparently is trying to get Ratanen to sign a deal that isn't comparable to what the other RFAs have received so far. I sincerely doubt Ratanen signs a below-market deal like MacKinnon. In the end, maybe we see a few more bridge deals where teams and players kick the can down the road.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad