Speculation: Offseason Thread Pt IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I know it's the least likely option, but I wish we could do a Leddy+ for Ehlers swap. Such a big fan of Ehlers, and think he would boost this offense tremendously.

Agree - it would be tremendous, but if they are moving Ehlers they would most likely want a young C

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Have a feeling that if there's a trade, it will be for someone off the radar.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
There won't be a trade until training camp at the earliest. Only if they can't keep Dobson off the roster will anyone be moved. Maybe Leddy in a bigger deal or Hickey in a minor one. Perhaps they will have the likes of Koivula, Bellows or Ho-Sang given ashot at making it before acquiring anyone

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
There won't be a trade until training camp at the earliest. Only if they can't keep Dobson off the roster will anyone be moved. Maybe Leddy in a bigger deal or Hickey in a minor one. Perhaps they will have the likes of Koivula, Bellows or Ho-Sang given ashot at making it before acquiring anyone

With the stalemate between clubs and RFA's, everything is at a standstill. Until there is some movement on that front, it should be all housekeeping until later in the summer.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Lou has yet to make a splash move since the Islanders hired him. I don't see that changing this late.
He's the anti-Milbury for sure.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Mid July, not looking good on the roster augmentation front. Yet, we’ll read that we have until October. I’ve read similar spins here (and elsewhere) for years. We shall see.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Mid July, not looking good on the roster augmentation front. Yet, we’ll read that we have until October. I’ve read similar spins here (and elsewhere) for years. We shall see.

Spins? You seriously think there are paid shills covering for a hockey team on an Internet forum? #July1WasAnInsideJob

Reactions: Lame Lambert

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The Islanders get little exposure and that is the problem. Hockey in general is an afterthought. If this was the NY Mets or Knicks offseason we would hear the backlash all over Sports Radio.

Reactions: CBG

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Lou has yet to make a splash move since the Islanders hired him. I don't see that changing this late.
He's the anti-Milbury for sure.

Yea that totally wasn’t Lou the runner up in trades for Stone and O’Reilly or attempting to sign Panarin, just a big conspiracy by insiders and beat reporters in putting our name out there.

What exactly are Trotz and crew? Never EVER have there been such monumental staff acquisitions for this club.

It’s been one year and I’ve seen the Islanders linked or mentioned with almost every major available player available, that has never happened during my years of hardcore fandom.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Yea that totally wasn’t Lou the runner up in trades for Stone and O’Reilly or attempting to sign Panarin, just a big conspiracy by insiders and beat reporters in putting our name out there.

What exactly are Trotz and crew? Never EVER have there been such monumental staff acquisitions for this club.

It’s been one year and I’ve seen the Islanders linked or mentioned with almost every major available player available, that has never happened during my years of hardcore fandom.

In one offseason the Rangers landed Panarin, Trouba, Fox, Shestyorkin, and KK.
It's been two drafts and two free agencies. The trade front will go colder once camp starts. Lou doesn't like the deadline so this is the same team as last year.
I don't care about 103 points. Fluke year that won't happen again. Right now we look like a lottery team. Not sure if that was Lou's plan all along.

Last edited:

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
The Islanders get little exposure and that is the problem. Hockey in general is an afterthought. If this was the NY Mets or Knicks offseason we would hear the backlash all over Sports Radio.
The Islanders have been a punchline for almost 30 years it will take some consistency/ winning and serious culture change for them to get media coverage. Hopefully they are on the right track but it will just take time. I have said this to my friends = until the Islanders are able to sign a big name player / top free agent as the (Mets did when they got Pedro) no one will run to play here not even for more money and the arena fiasco only adds to the problem. I hope Trotz can repeat his magic as this is the same exact team as last year with no offensive additions/ help as of yet. We all hope the power play will improve with better coaching but I find it hard to believe that these guys will suddenly find the back of the net with pucks, IMO the team desperately needs a finisher on the PP as of right now we still have none.Time will tell but the this team will not surprise or shock opponents early on as they did last year because teams now know what to expect and will not take us lightly. This will be an up hill battle and if the roster stays as is ( I would love to be wrong ) but I expect a step back from last year, time will tell

Reactions: Surfrat

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
A lot of retired doctors here. Like I said previously, once we missed out on the lone big fish and spent 12 million on getting Lee back in the fold and a change in net (still scratching my head on the pay for that one)- we were likely done until camp. Slim chance we go get a bottom 6er on the free-agent wire when we "could" deem Dobson/Aho ready and get serious about moving Leddy....netting a better alternative. Camp will also tell us if any young forwards are ready to fill wing spots or if it is a higher priority than getting a fourth center...

Plus a couple more months would give us a better indication on Clutter and Ladd's health. We only have 5 million in cap room after the RFA's are signed, so we have to move something out in all likelihood to be able to take on salary.

Too many bad contracts still on this roster and we need cap space for next season to sign some of our key players- so we have to be patient now....period

Reactions: MJF and CBG

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
In one offseason the Rangers landed Panarin, Trouba, Fox, Shestyorkin, and KK.
It's been two drafts and two free agencies. The trade front will go colder once camp starts. Lou doesn't like the deadline so this is the same team as last year.
I don't care about 103 points. Fluke year that won't happen again. Right now we look like a lottery team. Not sure if that was Lou's plan all along.

Glad you won't be watching since they won't be exciting and you've lost interest. Maybe the Rags will be fun and exciting and you can go over to their board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad