Speculation: Offseason Thread #16: Kevin Hayes: A True Friend (mod post #547)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
a huge factor in the depth charts, imo, is going to be who can kill penalties. the PK absolutely killed us last year. we right now are likely going to have 8-9 guys competing for the 4th line. guys from that group that are good on the pk go to the front of that list

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
a huge factor in the depth charts, imo, is going to be who can kill penalties. the PK absolutely killed us last year. we right now are likely going to have 8-9 guys competing for the 4th line. guys from that group that are good on the pk go to the front of that list

That should only be for the 4th line. Grabner and Jooris are good penalty killers, and probably have spots either way. Gerbe is a good PK'er. Fast is a bad PK'er. Lindberg doesn't PK. I don't think Jensen does either. Glass is a bad PK'er and bad hockey player.

Unless a trade happens, I don't really see where Pirri fits in the lineup. Maybe 13th forward. He's not a 4th liner, and the top 9 spots are filled.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
That should only be for the 4th line. Grabner and Jooris are good penalty killers, and probably have spots either way. Gerbe is a good PK'er. Fast is a bad PK'er. Lindberg doesn't PK. I don't think Jensen does either. Glass is a bad PK'er and bad hockey player.

Unless a trade happens, I don't really see where Pirri fits in the lineup. Maybe 13th forward. He's not a 4th liner, and the top 9 spots are filled.

yeah i'm talking just the 4th line after the top 9 is set.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

This is a question I asked a while ago. Still not sure about it either. Was Fast a bad PK'er because he is bad or was he bad because he was a rookie and our penalty kill as a whole was complete crap?

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Stepan
Nash
Zibanejad
Jooris
Grabner
Gerbe

Maybe Lindberg when he returns.

How many more forwards do you need for the PK?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Stepan
Nash
Zibanejad
Jooris
Grabner
Gerbe

Maybe Lindberg when he returns.

How many more forwards do you need for the PK?

Jooris and/or gerbe will hit the minors IMO. One will make it w Lindberg hurt but not for long

Buch needs a good camp or he could start down

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
This is a question I asked a while ago. Still not sure about it either. Was Fast a bad PK'er because he is bad or was he bad because he was a rookie and our penalty kill as a whole was complete crap?

I liked Fast on the PK. But I like Fast better than a lot of other people around here generally, so I'm sure others will disagree. It sure seemed as though the defense was the most consistent problem on the PK. Maybe the forwards sucking made that look worse than it was?

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I'd like to see them try to teach Kreider to PK a bit. Put him out against teams that are susceptible to shorthanded goals, or when we're losing. No reason he couldn't learn, and it would make his offensive inconsistency a bit easier to swallow.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

His stats are not that great. Worst on the Rangers in CF% on the PK, 3rd worst in GA60 on the PK.

But as you said, he was a rookie playing on the PK. I don't want to judge him based on the numbers during his rookie season where our PK as a whole was 27th in the league.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to see them try to teach Kreider to PK a bit. Put him out against teams that are susceptible to shorthanded goals, or when we're losing. No reason he couldn't learn, and it would make his offensive inconsistency a bit easier to swallow.

This is something I never understood. Why Can't Chris Kill Penalties?

Why didn't anyone here, ever hold Chris accountable for not killing penalties.

If you look at the best advanced start penalty killers in the league (Carlos Hagelin, Drew Cogliano).... they have something in common.

Speed.

And.

Effort.

So Why Can't Chris Kill Penalties?

member 116805

If you look at the best advanced start penalty killers in the league (Carlos Hagelin, Drew Cogliano).... they have something in common.

Speed.

And.

Effort.

I think you might have answered your own question

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia

Speed.

And.

Effort.

Haha love it

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Speed.

And.

Effort.

Second part is missing :sarcasm:

Edit: really slow on the trigger today

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Would you do JT Miller and McIlrath for Trouba extended?

No, that's not inside information. That's just me throwing out a proposal that I think is fair for both sides.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

Speed.

And.

Effort.

Lack of effort and hockey sense

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
If Gorton can get Trouba I will erect a statue of him in front of MSG. Would easily be one of this team's best ever off seasons.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Yup. But it doesn't help Winnipeg at all. They're loaded with wingers.

Though Miller CAN play center, despite the fact that AV has determined he's better on the wing.

I come back to my earlier proposal of Staal + McIlrath + their choice of goalie prospects. Solid LD addressing one of their big needs, a cheap replacement for what would have been an extremely expensive 3rd pair RD - both of whom are hometown boys, signed and under team control - plus a prospect from the Rangers' greatest organizational area of strength which also happens to be their greatest organizational weakness... Maybe throw in one of our non-marquee forwards from this glut we've built up (say, the injured Lindberg, who after all, is not a wing)...?

If you look past the traditional HF bias towards shiny prospects, it makes a lot of sense as a package for a guy who's becoming a headache despite never having scored more than 29 points, and has trended down (scoring-wise) each of his three years in the league.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think it's either Nash or something small like Fast for a young defenseman who is on the cusp but blocked in his current situation. Puck mover

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Really happy with the way this offseason has gone, especially the mentality shown. Just in these last few months we have a completely different look.

Another trade to shed some salary and bring in a solid young D-man would be icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad