Speculation: Offseason Thread #14: Now With Even Less Title Ideas (Not the Kreider Thread Tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
For prospect camp, who knows if that will be his actual number.

I remember Hayes wore #54 all camp and preseason and then switched to 13 when the season started. Maybe we see something like that with Buch?

I wonder if Skjei sticks with #76.

Mcilrath was #42 his first few games, he didn't change to 6 until last year when he earned a full time roster spot.

I think the reason he sat in the press box for most of the season was because Way Deadend was such a bad player and wore #6 that the organization is still reluctant to let a defenseman that wears #6 play consistently.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with it. Any other number he likes to wear? He wore 6 down in Hartford, but that's taken.

I doubt he keeps the same number he was assigned to in training camp last season. Most players don't and aren't allowed to change it until they earn a full time spot (or they are already a vet).

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Post expansion it looks like he has a 15 team list of no trade to. At 50% that is 2.75M cap hit.

I guess it's possible they could trade him but I'm still leaning towards not, would any of those team not on his list sign Girardi for 3 years at a 2.75M cap hit rather than just sign someone like Carle for a year at like 700K?

I don't know if Arizona is on his list or if he would accept a trade there, but they have a lot of cap coming off the books next summer, and with Las Vegas eating up a lot of contracts, they are going to need warm bodies to get to the cap floor.

Girardi gets a 1 mil signing bonus in July. After that, he's got 3 years left at 4 mil per year in actual money, but with a 5.5 mil cap hit. That may be attractive to a team like Arizona.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with it. Any other number he likes to wear? He wore 6 down in Hartford, but that's taken.

Well 16 is free now :laugh: Skjei would have looked good in 22 (wore 2 in college), but Holden had to go and take it. I think 4 would be a good number for Skjei, too. Could definitely see him picking that.

trench23

Aug 2, 2005
Part of me is holding out hoping this defense changes before the start of the season.

Are there anymore rumblings that are out there? Dagoon? Edge? Soti (remember when?)

Doesn't mean they are a guarantee to happen, just curious if we hear anything..

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Wow, for serious?!

Hawks have cap issues and are beginning to decline as a team.

Devils have a young team but no defense.

Rangers have the more complete team even though last year was a sham.

I think the rangers are a much closer to being a team hampered by the cap and in decline than the Blackhawks.

KreiderHouseRules*

That's a joke IMO.

The Bruins are absolutely the frontrunner.

I'll say again that I'll be absolutely shocked if he signs anywhere except Boston.

As much as I wish it were true, this is click-bait. Pure garbage.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
hawks' commitments to Kane and Toews are massive...tough to fill in around them.

And don't forget Panarin who will be getting a massive raise, especially if he puts up 70+ points again which he likely will. He could easily get 6-7M.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I was looking at the Larry Brooks articles since last season ended. One source told Brooks Gorton has a lot of balls in the air and when when one domino falls the other dominos fall. Maybe Vesey is one domino which triggers another domino. Brooks mentioned Vesey is the only free agent the Rangers were going to pursue. They didn't chase after Stamkos or anyone else. If the Rangers can land Vesey,Gorton has a trade ready to go which nobody knows about like Zibanejad.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
if you add up the contracts for Stepan, Kreider, Zucc and McD, it's less than the contracts for Kane + Toews.

Just some food for thought.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That's a joke IMO.

The Bruins are absolutely the frontrunner.

I'll say again that I'll be absolutely shocked if he signs anywhere except Boston.

As much as I wish it were true, this is click-bait. Pure garbage.
Its really not much a joke.

Its been said his family does not want him to play in Boston.

Gorton has the ability to attract Mass. natives.

And hasnt it been said that Vesey and Hayes are friends?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
2 years from now the Blackhawks have 9 players signed and over $56 mil cap hit committed. That's before signing Panarin. $6 mil cap hit for Panarin and it's 10 players and over $62 mil cap hit committed--or about $15 mil (the cap going up about $2mil each year) for 10-11 players to fill out the team and I just don't see how the Blackhawks are going to be able to commit a whole lot of money to Vesey on his second contract. I don't really think they are a very good option for him if he wants to make any kind of serious money on his second contract. Just saying. His agent and he will eventually decide but I'm kind of thinking his agent will advise him against the Blackhawks.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
he is absolutely 100% a franchise player.
Where did he take Edmonton?

No don't get me wrong, I think he's a great young talent to build around, but by himself he doesn't really make much difference, especially since the D without Larsson took a step back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad