Official Trade Deadline 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
1. Yes, I still think we need a 7-8 game win streak to get in.

2. Yes.

Then you should be happy, because as it stands they have probably the second most stacked lineup in the league, and look like a team that can even overcome abysmal goaltending in the playoffs with their firepower.

Look at it this way:

They have stacked the deck and given themselves a chance to make a playoff run, without giving up a single core piece.

The prospects we gave up are B level prospects. The picks we gave up, if things go to plan, will be later in the round picks.

Worst case scenario, all 6 of our UFA players walk (really unlikely). What did we lose? A chance to draft a few guys who may or may not be NHL players ... who wouldn't arrive until after our window closes anyway.

Better to take a shot now, than go into the offseason with another first round loss and a couple of Russians walking away.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

While I am very excited for this final stretch. This does not ease any concerns on Duchene or Dzingel signing here.

I tend to think that you'll have to kick Dzingel out of town. Even then he might still sneak on the roster. He's seems clearly interested. Duchene? If things don't self destruct, I think we'll get it done. I can't speak for this whole Nashville thing, but I tend to think that's probably a bit overblown. We'll see. We have the advantage of that 8th year and I don't think money will be an issue. He could go to FA, but the CBJ can and would meet or beat anyone. He's a no brainer as far as need for this team.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Then you should be happy, because as it stands they have probably the second most stacked lineup in the league, and look like a team that can even overcome abysmal goaltending in the playoffs with their firepower.

Look at it this way:

They have stacked the deck and given themselves a chance to make a playoff run, without giving up a single core piece.

The prospects we gave up are B level prospects. The picks we gave up, if things go to plan, will be later in the round picks.

Worst case scenario, all 6 of our UFA players walk (really unlikely). What did we lose? A chance to draft a few guys who may or may not be NHL players ... who wouldn't arrive until after our window closes anyway.

Better to take a shot now, than go into the offseason with another first round loss and a couple of Russians walking away.

I am not arguing with you here.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Maybe. But Vegas has made two big time deals in the span of a few months (Pacioretty, Stone) and got both under contract immediately. Before even playing a game for them, even.

As far as we know, we haven't talked to either one of our biggest guys about an extension yet.

It's just not something I'm comfortable with. It all goes away with one signature, but until then it is a huge concern.

I agree it is a concern. But you're comparing one deadline with one other team. Your earlier post reads: "...we can't seem to get anybody we trade for/worth a damn to sign contract extensions." That's either unfair or an overreaction.

Reactions: Fred Glover

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I agree it is a concern. But you're comparing one deadline with one other team. Your earlier post reads: "...we can't seem to get anybody we trade for/worth a damn to sign contract extensions." That's either unfair or an overreaction.

Well, I was more talking about pending unrestricted free agents. All the people you mentioned who we traded for were RFA's and would have had to force their way out.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well, I was more talking about pending unrestricted free agents. All the people you mentioned who we traded for were RFA's and would have had to force their way out.

So you've done a full comparison of how many pending UFAs the Jackets have traded for and how the team stacks up in agreeing to extension with those players versus the rest of the league?

Come on, man. It was a knee-jerk reaction to the Stone thing.

I'm with you there's some unease with both Duchene and Dzingel. We'll just have to see.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
How about this lineup though:

Panarin-Duchene-Atkinson
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson
Dzingel-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Hannikainen-Dubinsky-Nash
Robinson-Sedlak-Wennberg.. all extras??

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Nutivaara-Harrington
McQuaid-Kukan

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo
Kincaid

Let's go play for the Cup...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ha!

Attachments

• received_324071201784779.jpeg
    received_324071201784779.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 123

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Buckle up, we're going for it. The good thing about all the pending UFAs is that they're all playing for the biggest paydays of their careers. Hope we don't crash and burn, but I have a good feeling about our odds for a deep run.

Reactions: Bobcat110

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
How about this lineup though:

Panarin-Duchene-Atkinson
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson
Dzingel-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Hannikainen-Dubinsky-Nash
Robinson-Sedlak-Wennberg.. all extras??

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Nutivaara-Harrington
McQuaid-Kukan

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo
Kincaid

Let's go play for the Cup...
Rather McQuaod than Harrington tbh

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I just reread my entire (23) post history and everything I have ever posted on this board - trade reactions, draft picks, reactions to prospect camp, literally EVERY SINGLE THING - has been 100% wrong.

Measure that against my prior post in this thread and be happy for the future, fellow CBJ fans.

So. Uh... what's your Cup prediction then?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I just reread my entire (23) post history and everything I have ever posted on this board - trade reactions, draft picks, reactions to prospect camp, literally EVERY SINGLE THING - has been 100% wrong.

Measure that against my prior post in this thread and be happy for the future, fellow CBJ fans.

That's hysterical but I don't think you understand how the "gotcha" thing works.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
This is hilarious. Trade for minor pieces last year, Jarmo is an idiot. Load up this year, Jarmo is an idiot.

Might be time to take a break from the boards again :huh:

I understand how you feel. Fandom is irrationally emotional. We get too high when something good happens and the sky is falling when something bad happens or the front office does something we disagree with them on.

FWIW I think I loved what he did last year. As far as this year, I like the aggressive approach. I hope it pans out. I think Jarmo has data we can't know, or he believes in his approach to all of the team's pending free agents. Even though I have no information, I imagine he got some signs that Duchene and Dzingel will sign. Maybe he believes a deep run is the only way to sign Panarin.

I have also come to the realization that if the worst case materializes, it's really just temporary. All I have to do is look at the clusterf*** that was the Oren Koules/Len Barrie led Lightning and the Leafs of 3 or 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany