Official Trade Deadline 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I hadn't seen any moves from our Metro Division rivals yet so maybe they're in the queue. If they did make one at least it wasn't for a big fish like Stone.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This is hilarious. Trade for minor pieces last year, Jarmo is an idiot. Load up this year, Jarmo is an idiot.

Might be time to take a break from the boards again :huh:

Talk about over-reaction. Nobody said that. Literally nobody. Some people are just a little miffed that we can't seem to get anybody we trade for/worth a damn to sign contract extensions.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Talk about over-reaction. Nobody said that. Literally nobody. Some people are just a little miffed that we can't seem to get anybody we trade for/worth a damn to sign contract extensions.

That's two players, unless we're counting Panarin. In which case, I guess we're counting Saad, Jones, Foligno, Bobrovsky...

Yes it's clear that Duchene and/or Dzingel with extension is preferable. But if you're going to use the term over-reaction...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Sure as hell hope we're as excited about this team in May and June as we are now.

I'll be honest, I'm happy to have Duchene. I'm not sure how much more excited than I was before. I don't think we're up to the level of a Toronto nor Tampa. I hope we make a push to have a home series and get past the first round of the playoffs. Get that far and crazy things can happen, but we're might be the 5th best team in the East. Maybe.

We'll have to see around mid-July what this team looks like going into next season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It takes a a serious leap of faith to think this team can go from never winning a series to cup contender no matter how thick the homer glasses are.

It's not as if every team that wins it has to go through an escalator, one round one year, two rounds the next. Torts' own Lightning were a testament to that. There are plenty of other examples.

It's about the quality of the roster, and I happen to think this is a high quality roster that has as good a chance as anyone after Tampa.

Reactions: Fairwhether

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So looking things over. If we can re-sign the two D's, we're probably at 62 million with Werenski to deal with. Maybe 67 after that with a whole lot of goalie situation to deal with. If you somehow manage to keep either Panarin or Bob, you are looking at shredding some cap space.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

The overreactions are the "they won't even sign here, what a waste" comments. And the absurd "we need to win 10 in a row to get in" comments.

Absurd when a 12-9 record likely lands you in the top-3.

Do you really want to talk to me about overreacting?

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
I'll be honest, I'm happy to have Duchene. I'm not sure how much more excited than I was before. I don't think we're up to the level of a Toronto nor Tampa. I hope we make a push to have a home series and get past the first round of the playoffs. Get that far and crazy things can happen, but we're might be the 5th best team in the East. Maybe.

We'll have to see around mid-July what this team looks like going into next season.
These moves have definitely pushed expectations high among Jackets fans - for this year. Pumping the brakes a bit would be advisable. If all this team does is win a single playoff series - as significant as that would be for this franchise - I would consider that a disappointment.

Reactions: Toe Pick

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
The overreactions are the "they won't even sign here, what a waste" comments. And the absurd "we need to win 10 in a row to get in" comments.

Absurd when a 12-9 record likely lands you in the top-3.

Do you really want to talk to me about overreacting?

1. Yes, I still think we need a 7-8 game win streak to get in.

2. Yes.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
It's not as if every team that wins it has to go through an escalator, one round one year, two rounds the next. Torts' own Lightning were a testament to that. There are plenty of other examples

They also were backstopped by a goalie with a career playoff .917 save% and a whopping .933% in their cup year. Tampa also won a round the year prior.

Regardless of any of these acquisitions this team will live and die by Bob’s play in the postseason.

Anyhow. Good discussion. :thumbu:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
That's two players, unless we're counting Panarin. In which case, I guess we're counting Saad, Jones, Foligno, Bobrovsky...

Yes it's clear that Duchene and/or Dzingel with extension is preferable. But if you're going to use the term over-reaction...

That's fair, but I was talking recent history (or, since Panarin really).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I just wonder if we ever made Bob actually submit a list.

Thats my #1 question right now.

Or were we scared to ask him to approve something? (In thinking that if we asked and he said no, his play might be effected by the thought that we really were trying to move him)

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

While I am very excited for this final stretch. This does not ease any concerns on Duchene or Dzingel signing here.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
OK but that's not really fair and a knee-jerk reaction given the Stone thing. I think you'd acknowledge that.

Maybe. But Vegas has made two big time deals in the span of a few months (Pacioretty, Stone) and got both under contract immediately. Before even playing a game for them, even.

As far as we know, we haven't talked to either one of our biggest guys about an extension yet.

It's just not something I'm comfortable with. It all goes away with one signature, but until then it is a huge concern.

Reactions: Toe Pick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad