GWT: EPL - Matchweek 37 (Ft. MW 34)

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
It's not about losing but about losing by a lot.

Literally nobody would be surprised since they're absolute dogshit. I could very well see a Citywin by 5-6 goals and all it would take is for Spurs to be on their normal standard.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
For as much shit as I give Poch cos I don't think he's a Premier League level manager, Chelsea are only 6 points behind Spurs and Angeball with the same GD and both teams giving up around the same number of goals.

I still think Poch should be fired if Chelsea want CL football but just shows how one manager (Ange) is seen as being so far above the other when the results are very similar end of day.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Klopp is 1 yellow away from a 1 match touch line ban. Would be quite a scene if he got one later today.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Could he sit in the Kop?

It would be actually kinda funny.

According to this article he must sit in the directors box if there is a seat available. But if there's no seat available in the directors box (or such a box doesn't exist for smaller stadiums), he can sit in the stand which is not near the technical area or opposition supporters.

So yea I think Liverpool could just fill up the seats in the directors box with random people to make sure it's not available and then have him go sit in the Kop as long as he's not too close to the field.

In England (in both the men’s and women’s games) a manager suspended from the touchline has to sit in the directors’ box during the match. If there is no seat available or no official directors’ box, they must take up a spot in the stand which is not near the technical area or near opposition supporters.

FA guidance on touchline suspensions states: “The individual cannot position themselves in or behind the area of the dugout, or any barrier adjacent to the touchline or goal line.”

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
man united: "how can you expect us to play against a title chaser with casemiro and jonny evans!!!"

chelsea in may 2014: "ivanovic and tomas kalas at anfield? no problem!"

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
It's not about losing but about losing by a lot.
Literally nobody would be surprised since they're absolute dogshit. I could very well see a City win by 5-6 goals and all it would take is for Spurs to be on their normal standard.
Spurs have been in terrible form and have conceded 4 goals to Newcastle, 3 to Arsenal, 2 to Chelsea, and 3 to Liverpool in the last month. They haven't kept a clean sheet in 2 months.

The only surprise will be if Man City don't absolutely batter them. But here's to hoping for a pleasant surprise!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brunkmeister

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
oh me too, but i think the point of "one CB is playing out of position, and the other CB is a guy who in total played 2 top division games in his entire career (of which the game at Anfield was 1), and yet we won at anfield"
Everyone will rightfully remember Gerrard falling down, but this was also the worst Brendan Rodgers manager performance of all time. Jose Mourinho just completely took his lunch money. The players never trusted him again after either which was one of the reasons the following season was so bad

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
1, which keen observers will note is also the quantity of Man U matches i'm referring to here. i am exclusively talking about the game yesterday
Which was the second game in the row with Evans and Casemiro as CBs. Only once has United had worse situation, which was under SAF. Carrick and Darren Fletcher played as CBs at Fulham and United lost 0-3. But it was only one, IIRC there were suspensions also.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Which was the second game in the row with Evans and Casemiro as CBs. Only once has United had worse situation, which was under SAF. Carrick and Darren Fletcher played as CBs at Fulham and United lost 0-3. But it was only one, IIRC there were suspensions also.
that's cool dude, i don't care about the amount of consecutive games, given that i'm just talking about how casemiro and evans sucked immense amounts of ass against Arsenal and "we have an inconvenient CB duo" should not absolve them of that

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad